News iRacing News

This thread is for the general discussion of the Article iRacing's 2022 Season 1, Patch 3 Deployed. Please add to the discussion here.

Lets make it an general NEWS talk thread ok ? :)

2022 Season 2 Pre-Release Notes:

iRacing 2022 Season 2 is here! Get ready to expand your garage - this Release features a whopping SIX brand new cars (Aston Martin Vantage GT4, Hyundai Veloster, iRacing Formula iR-04, NASCAR Buick LeSabre - 1987, Stock Car Pro Series Toyota Corolla, and the Stock Car Pro Series Chevrolet Cruze), two brand new tracks (Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55, and Winton Motor Raceway), and 10 new pieces of content for AI Racing. The New Damage Model is coming pre-enabled on all new content except for the Stock Car Pro Series Cars. The NetCode system has received a little TLC, and the Multiple Tire Compound system has been fully developed. We’ve applied some new aerodynamic and tire knowledge to the GT3 Class Cars. Also, the NASCAR Camping World Trucks have been updated to their 2022 NASCAR Season specs, including a top-to-bottom full art upgrade for the Toyota Tundra TRD Pro. There should be something for everyone, welcome to iRacing 2022 Season 2!

Season highlights include:

Aston Martin Vantage GT4
Hyundai Veloster
iRacing Formula iR-04
NASCAR Buick LeSabre - 1987
Stock Car Pro Series Toyota Corolla
Stock Car Pro Series Chevrolet Cruze
Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55
Winton Motor Raceway
Netcode improvements
New and Updated Multiple Tire Compound Rules
New and Updated Spotter Calls for Fuel Usage, Tire Compound Rules, and pit box calls
GT3 Class Aerodynamic and Tires Updates
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series 2022 Season Updates
New Damage Model is already enabled on Aston Martin Vantage GT4, Hyundai Veloster, iRacing Formula iR-04, and NASCAR Buick LeSabre - 1987.
AI Racing for three New Cars (Aston Martin Vantage GT4, Hyundai Veloster, and the Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance).
AI Racing at seven New Track Configurations (Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix, Circuit of the Americas - Grand Prix, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Silverstone Circuit - Grand Prix, Suzuka International Racing Course - Grand Prix, Winton Motor Raceway [both configs]).

New Content Videos:

Last edited:
Really nice update, I was hoping for rain and new grass textures but overall very pleased.
The new content is great, especially Rudskogen which is free.
I really like the overhaul on LFE bass shakers as the feedback is incredible! I believe it was Tony who said he's working on a new dive shaft shift effect but couldn't get finished for this update.
More AI content is awesome to see....gonna say it, I feel the AI is one, if not the best in sim racing atm!

Last edited:
Screenshot_220.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%