RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

iRacing | New Update, New Content Including Hockenheim

iracing done a good job with the new Hockers. They need to add the old track though. 1988 version on here for Assetto is ok but doesn't have the detail or the cambers. iracing best so far. I need to find a better version of the new track for Assetto. The cars however; F2000 RSS is awesome for Assetto. Far better than the FW31 on iRacing...

I'm new to iracing and have been playing it for a sew weeks now. I have a license D and a safety rating of 3.3, iracing says it's enough for am upgrade to license C. When does this normally get updated? I tought it was at the beginning of the new season with started yesterday right?
Nope, you have to reach 4.00 to change licence ! And it's not linked with the Season change.
I've been from rookie to licence A in one month in the same Season...
Do another clean race, and you'll upgrade to next licence ;-)

neesve

Neesve
Premium
Nope, you have to reach 4.00 to change licence ! And it's not linked with the Season change.
I've been from rookie to licence A in one month in the same Season...
Do another clean race, and you'll upgrade to next licence ;-)
If you have a safety rating higher that 3 you will upgrade in the next season. If you reach higher that 4 before the new season you will be upgraded immediately. Even my iRacing account says 'ready for promotion' at my road license.

I had a chance to get the 3 months for 5 bucks, but it went to my email I'm not too often on and now it expired :( would be cool to see the updates after being away for so long

You can still use a 3 months for 5 bucks on a new account (email) to try it out

Promo code: PR-HOTLAPS - 3 months for $4.78 (remove default 50% discount to use this code)

McLaren 570s GT4

- NEW CAR!
- - A new Road Car, the McLaren 570s GT4, is now available!
- - - Few manufacturers can match the thrill of driving a McLaren in any class or specification, and the 570S, the legendary brand's foray into the world of GT4s, is no exception. Powered by a 3.8-liter twin turbo V8 engine and sitting on McLaren's carbon fiber MonoCell II chassis, this highly agile machine is the car of choice for a number of customer race teams competing in GT4 formula series around the world. The 570S GT4 broke cover at the 2016 Goodwood Festival of Speed and made its competitive debut in British GT under the brand's own supervision that same year, allowing customers that took delivery of the cars in 2017 to drive a racer that had been refined in real competition. Since then, it's proven to be a highly popular car with anyone who's driven it, setting a high water mark of 140 global podium finishes in 2019.

• Love
Reactions: Ote
Yeah, this is a real thing. What surprised me recently was after putting in a lot of rF2 Nords laps I decided to try AMS2 on Nords and was surprised that I acclimitized to the tire model really quickly, like it's maybe 90% of the quality of the rF2 tire model.

I think the more popular cars in AMS2 (GT3s, Caterhams, etc.) have less grip and downforce so the other quirks seem exagerrated on those cars. I still don't like those cars in AMS2, yet. They're doable but not as enjoyable as something like the prototype cars.
I know I'm going off topic here, but I gotta ask:
What particular cars in AMS2 do you find comparable to rF2?
How is the optimization of the Nords in AMS2, does it perform better than the rF2 version?
I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should buy any of the DLCs...

Patrik Marek

Premium
You can still use a 3 months for 5 bucks on a new account (email) to try it out

Promo code: PR-HOTLAPS - 3 months for $4.78 (remove default 50% discount to use this code)
ah, that's a good point ! I probably haven't bought any content anyhow

Ardylicious

Premium
Another way to ease your mind about it is to think of DLC payments as separate from the monthly payments. Everybody charges for DLC now but nobody except iRacing has their level of multiplayer infrastructure. So, I think of it as paying the ongoing costs of the multiplayer infrastructure.

You do lose if you stop paying for that but it feels better to think of it as paying for multiplayer infrastructure and any-time racing than as renting :)

iRacing's killer feature is its multiplayer, drop-in racing. Until other sims make this a priority, iRacing doesn't even have to be great.

I am not criticising the game. Its the model. It's amazing how many people are annoyed at Raceroom and RF2's model. Yet i have virtually all the dlc's from those games. I would like to get into it. And due to the fact that i get my fix from RF2 , ACC, AC, AMS, AMS2 and raceroom there is really no need for me to rent a game that i just wouldn't get full value out of considering its model. If this game let you hot lap for the price of the DLC alone i might be actually be seduced into it. Which tells me you are not actually paying for multiplayer.

AI gt3, finally, and now i will buy all tracks and start race with AI as some online players just ruin the race. Hockenheim instant buy!

Shovas

Premium
I know I'm going off topic here, but I gotta ask:
What particular cars in AMS2 do you find comparable to rF2?
How is the optimization of the Nords in AMS2, does it perform better than the rF2 version?
I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should buy any of the DLCs...
Comparable? I guess they're "comparable" wherever there's crossover but generally rF2 does FFB and handling just a bit better.

Might be more helpful to talk about good experiences in AMS2: Any of the Prototype category cars feel exceptional. Ultima, GT1 (GT3/4/5 aren't horrible but just not as nice to drive), German Group (DTM), all the Formula cars if you're into that (I'm not really into that but they drive great), I want to love the Brazillian Stock Cars (I do in AMS1) but something's not quite right with them after a few laps.

The optimization in AMS2 Nords is amazing, as is the Madness engine itself anywhere I try it. rF2 is very decent on High settings (I can drive it at 60-90fps with an i7@4.2 and a 1080 at 1440p). AMS2 is better, though, it just has more visual bells and whistles.

Try a few laps around Nords 60x accelerated in either game. It's such a great experience. I just do lap after lap while listening to podcasts. It turns into a very zen experience.

And to keep this post on topic (lol) driving the Nords in iRacing with dynamic day/night and dynamic sky/clouds is also an amazing experience. Same problem with ffb/handling being better or worse on different cars, here are a few iRacing cars I like for ffb and handling: C8-R, 488 GT3, Ford Mustang FR500S (believe it or not), MX-5, HPD ARX-01c, Lotus 79, Porsche 911 RSR, Radical SR8, Spec Ford Racer, Skippy,

Here's an iRacing video I uploaded of a trip around the ring in a Porsche 911 RSR (sorry forgot the video was a little choppy but it gives you an idea):

Last edited:
Comparable? I guess they're "comparable" wherever there's crossover but generally rF2 does FFB and handling just a bit better.

Might be more helpful to talk about good experiences in AMS2: Any of the Prototype category cars feel exceptional. Ultima, GT1 (GT3/4/5 aren't horrible but just not as nice to drive), German Group (DTM), all the Formula cars if you're into that (I'm not really into that but they drive great), I want to love the Brazillian Stock Cars (I do in AMS1) but something's not quite right with them after a few laps.

The optimization in AMS2 Nords is amazing, as is the Madness engine itself anywhere I try it. rF2 is very decent on High settings (I can drive it at 60-90fps with an i7@4.2 and a 1080 at 1440p). AMS2 is better, though, it just has more visual bells and whistles.

Try a few laps around Nords 60x accelerated in either game. It's such a great experience. I just do lap after lap while listening to podcasts. It turns into a very zen experience.

And to keep this post on topic (lol) driving the Nords in iRacing with dynamic day/night and dynamic sky/clouds is also an amazing experience. Same problem with ffb/handling being better or worse on different cars, here are a few iRacing cars I like for ffb and handling: C8-R, 488 GT3, Ford Mustang FR500S (believe it or not), MX-5, HPD ARX-01c, Lotus 79, Porsche 911 RSR, Radical SR8, Spec Ford Racer, Skippy,

Here's an iRacing video I uploaded of a trip around the ring in a Porsche 911 RSR (sorry forgot the video was a little choppy but it gives you an idea):

Thanks for the extensive reply my simracing brother, I appreciate it!
Will give AMS2 a go as soon as I get my wheel and rig assembled.

Still better than buying the latest "sim of the month", playing it for a couple of hours, realizing it's not all that and uninstalling it shortly thereafter.

As if iracing was that good. The ffb for example is absolute dogshit, barely giving useful information, even with a direct drive wheel.

Last edited:

Ardylicious

Premium
Sometimes you just have to accept that other people are happy with their choices as well. Honestly it's one of those life lessons that makes things easier for all over time.
Indeed, but i am curious about which sims he is talking about as i don't see an abundance of sims out there that fit that radar.

Last edited:

metalnwood

Premium
It is iracing thread in an iracing sub forum. I am not sure what sort of conversation you are attempting to have by calling people suckers and irenters. doesn't surprise me one bit if someone says something back.

Personally I prefer things stay on topic.

Shannon Flynn

When in doubt, pass out.
I'm more than happy to shell out the $2.75-ish a month to use the content I've purchased if it means I can join a race anytime that suits me with a full grid of equally skilled drivers and do a race that counts toward season points/etc. It's a fantastic service!

The smoke/particle update is sure going to be interesting in the Cup races this week. Turn 4 is a freakin' drift fest. The tire smoke blinded me when it was just me on track. Nothing good can come from this :p