iRacing | New Patch Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
American development studio iRacing have released a new build update for their predominantly online focussed racing simulation, deploying Patch 4 of the 2021 Season 1 build of the title.
  • Hotfix patch 4 available.
  • Various car specific fixes and tweaks.
  • Mount Panorama (Bathurst) driving line improvements.
Another somewhat sizeable iRacing update release has been deployed to the wider world of the internet today, adding the usual blend of tweaks and improvements to both the core simulation and the content contained within.

Nothing significant of note has been brought to the title as part of this build update, released yesterday, but it does once again show the continued efforts by the US based team to further expand and improve upon what has proven to be a very popular racing simulation down the years.

Coming in off the back of the large Season 1 2021 update of earlier this month, the new release is the fourth patch brought to the title during January.

iRacing Middle.jpg

Update Notes

3D Model Viewer
  • Fixed an issue with the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Chevrolet Silverado not showing a custom spec map correctly.

SIMULATION:

Replay
  • The Replay playback state will now be left alone when a user remains connected to the race server until the session finishes, and the server disconnects from the user.
  • – – A new variable, “leavePlaybackAloneAtSessionEnd” has been added to the [Replay] section of the “app.ini” file. Changing this value to 1 from the default (0) will cause the playback state to also be left alone between Session transitions (like going from Qualify to Race).
CARS:

Audi 90 GTO
  • Fixed an issue where backfires from this vehicle were not appearing at the appropriate location, and were looking distorted.
Dallara P217
  • Aerodynamic coefficients have been removed from the garage.
  • Power steering assist, steering ratio, and the display page have been added back to the garage after they had been inadvertently removed.
Dallara IR18
  • The iRacing setups for World Wide Technology Raceway – Oval and Pocono Raceway have been updated.
Ferrari 488 GTE
  • 2021 Season 1 GTE BoP Adjustment: Aerodynamic downforce has been increased slightly.
Mercedes-AMG GT3
  • 2021 Season 1 GT3 BoP Adjustment: Engine power over entire rev range has been increased slightly.
NASCAR Cup Series Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
  • Vehicle parameters have been adjusted for using the low downforce package while running at Daytona International Speedway – Road Course and NASCAR Road Course.
  • Downforce has been reduced, and engine cooling has been increased.
NASCAR Cup Series Ford Mustang
  • ehicle parameters have been adjusted for using the low downforce package while running at Daytona International Speedway – Road Course and NASCAR Road Course.
NASCAR Cup Series Toyota Camry
  • Vehicle parameters have been adjusted for using the low downforce package while running at Daytona International Speedway – Road Course and NASCAR Road Course.
NASCAR Gander Outdoors Chevrolet Silverado
  • Drafting strength has been reduced.
NASCAR Gander Outdoors Ford F150
NASCAR Gander Outdoors Toyota Tundra
Porsche 919
  • Rollbar camera view has been adjusted slightly.
Silver Crown
  • Rear ride heights for opponent cars have been adjusted to improve their look and handling at high banked ovals.
TRACKS:

Mount Panorama Circuit
  • Driving line guide has been updated.

iRacing is available now, exclusive to PC.

Check the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, chat and tips about this popular online racing simulation.

iRacing footer.jpg

Last edited:
@Iracing - Still waiting and 'hoping' the A.I. for the 1987 Cup Cars will be released...

As it's the only series i am interested in, i have no wish to renew my subscription for content i have no requirement for...:/

Please add the A.I.!

Kind regards

Incredible how people continue renting a sim when there are out there more realistic options to own these days, lets say ams2, rf2 o acc....also ams1 or acc are more realistic in many ways than iracing.

With time one learn to not follow the majority mainstream, cuz excellence is not for everyone.

Btw great times to simrace!

Incredible how people continue renting a sim when there are out there more realistic options to own these days, lets say ams2, rf2 o acc....also ams1 or acc are more realistic in many ways than iracing.

With time one learn to not follow the majority mainstream, cuz excellence is not for everyone.

Btw great times to simrace!

Each sim has its strengths for sure. I do drive irl and find iRacing to be pretty realistic on the road tire based cars I could compare them to the most. The GT cars recently had a tire update and feel much better than when I tried them before. I have been driving the Lambo this season and it handles very well.

It is also nice to be able to drop into a race at a random time with 300+ racers broken into 10+ splits based on skill rating without issue, in multiple road, oval, even dirt based series on a mature, seamless service.

Last edited:
Had my first race after 1/2 year today. European Sprint Series. It has been so great. 40 cars on track and fantastic race action. Awesome.
Next week Gilles Villeneuve. Almost forgot this circuit and after dozen of laps, I'm sure this is going to be as good as Silverstone if not better. The flow of this track is so amazing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back