iRacing | New Hotfix Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing recently released a new hotfix update for the simulation - Season 4, Patch 4 Hotfix 1 is now available.

Hotfix update time. Ok, compared to normal simulations that's a pretty meaty size for a hotfix, but at least this time it fits on a single post... which is nice.

American development team iRacing have dropped another new build of their online racing service for sim racers this weekend, adding further tweaks and fixes to the title as they continue through the season 4 build of the title. New for this build is some further workings on the UI interface for the title, multiple new track maps and changes and tweaks to various cars and tracks within the service.

The new build is available for download now.

iRacing Middle.jpg

Update Notes:

iRACING UI:

Account

– A new tab has been added the Account window, Connection.
– – This tab allows you to select your desired connection type, as you may from the iRacing Member site. For example, you may select “DSL, Cable, Fiber, 1Mbit/sec or faster”.

– A link has been added to the Account page where you can redeem Gift and Promotional Codes.
– – This area also now displays your current balance of iRacing Dollars.

Store

– A new button has been added to the Store: iRacing Dollars!
– – You can find this button in the Store section on the sidebar.
– – This button takes you to a page where you may purchase iRacing Dollars for yourself or others.

Price List

– An informative banner has been added at the top of the window, informing users how many more pieces of content they need in order to begin receiving the “20% off – 40+ Piece Club” discount, or if they are already benefiting.

– A progress bar has been added to the top of the window, informing users of how many pieces of content they own, and how many are available.

– The Car / Track tab buttons have been updated.

– Each item’s Owned/Unowned status has been put in a single column. Any unowned items feature a “Purchase” button.

– Each item in the list now always features an “Info” button that takes the user to the item’s information page.

Up Next

– The visible fields have been adjusted and improved for narrow screen sizes.

Current Series

– For table view, the visible fields have been adjusted and improved for narrow screen sizes.

Search

– Search functionality for international characters has been added.
– – Search boxes now correctly recognize the following international characters: å, é, ó, and ü.

Join a Race

– For the Entries List, fixed an issue where text could appear for a user’s Selected Car instead of a small thumbnail image of their livery.

Create a Race

– Fixed an issue with the “Back” button having an incorrect behavior.

Tracks

– The night lighting status on each track’s information page has been made more clear.

Track Maps

– New track maps have been added for the following tracks:
– – Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari
– – Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya
– – Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
– – Circuit Park Zandvoort
– – Circuit Zolder
– – Okayama International Circuit
– – Oran Park Raceway
– – Oulton Park Circuit
– – Oxford Plains Speedway
– – Phillip Island Circuit
– – Phoenix Raceway
– – Pocono Raceway
– – Richmond Raceway
– – Rockingham Speedway
– – Silverstone Circuit
– – [Legacy] Michigan International Speedway – 2009
– – [Legacy] Phoenix Raceway – 2008
– – [Legacy] Pocono Raceway – 2009
– – [Legacy] Silverstone Circuit – 2008
– – [Legacy] Texas Motor Speedway – 2009

Loading Screen

– Fixed a gap in the text spacing that appeared on the right side when loading into the Simulator.

Teams

– Fixed an issue where a multi-car Team Session would incorrectly show a green Register button when a user owned at least one of the cars used by the session, but not the car selected for use by their Team.
– – Now, a yellow Purchase button correctly displays. If the user purchases the needed car, then the button changes to the green Register button.

Declare Drivers

– Fixed an issue where a previously Declared Driver was seeing a “Watch” button to join the Team Session in progress instead of a “Register as Driver” button.

Documents and Tools

– A link to our Membersite Documents and Tools page has been added.

MEMBERSITE:

Purchasing

– The user preference for applying your iRacing Dollars and Credits to your subscription has been expanded to include car and track purchases.
– – When enabled (checked), transactions for subscription renewals, car purchases, and track purchases will all utilize your available iRacing Dollars and Credits first. This is the default behavior, and is not a change.
– – When disabled (not checked), transactions for subscription renewals, car purchases, and track purchases will NOT utilize your available iRacing Dollars and Credits. This is an expanded behavior, as it now includes car and track purchases.
– – – You can find this option under: Account –> Preferences.

SIMULATION:

Race Control

– The code that computes the pit exit delay at the start of a race has been updated to allow for a variety of new cases, including the Crandon International Raceway land-rush.
– – Crandon’s pit exit delay should now work as one would expect using either configuration.

Visual Effects

– Adjusted dirt racing particles for improved frame-rates.

CARS:

ARCA Menards Chevrolet Impala

– For the New Damage Model, collision parameters have been adjusted to prevent front-end damage to the fenders, hood, and bumper from rubbing on the wheels and giving an unintended speed boost.

TRACKS:

Autódromo José Carlos Pace

– Track check points have been updated slightly.

Five Flags Speedway

– Additional merge check points have been added for pit exit.

Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park

– A Jersey barrier has been added to prevent cutting the tabletop jump.

iRacing is available now, exclusive to PC.

The iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for chat, tips, tricks and advice - head over, start up a thread and get engaged!

iRacing Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know what "[Legacy]" denotes when pretended to a car/track? I understand what the word means and it's obviously applied to older content but, in real terms as it relates to the sim, what does it actually mean? I'm not sure about the "legacy" cars, but many of the legacy tracks are still in active rotation.

Does anyone know what "[Legacy]" denotes when pretended to a car/track? I understand what the word means and it's obviously applied to older content but, in real terms as it relates to the sim, what does it actually mean? I'm not sure about the "legacy" cars, but many of the legacy tracks are still in active rotation.
To answer your last question, very few. Every season, maybe 1 week or 2 will run on a Legacy track, and it's usually on the D class series. It's really for the people who spend very little on the sim. The free series (Pickup Cup, etc.) also use them. Legacy cars are not used in an official capacity at all.

it basically means the car / track has been retired or substituted by a more recent version, e.g. the Indycar, where there are I think three legacy versions and the one currently used or the Phoenix track, where we have a current versuon and one dating back to the first scan in 2008. As Caleb said, these items are hardly ever used in any series beyond D level but I have heard there are some leagues organized around these legacy items, which would make sense.

Visual Effects

As dirt racing is my main racing in iracing, I look forward to seeing how this improves frame rates in VR.

Edit: ran a few dirt practices and seems it has improved performance quite a bit as I didn't experience any spikes in the spots I usually do.

After reading the comments in the latest AMS 2 article and this one, it's no wonder I visit RD less these days.

Last edited:
Visual Effects

As dirt racing is my main racing in iracing, I look forward to seeing how this improves frame rates in VR.

Edit: ran a few dirt practices and seems it has improved performance quite a bit as I didn't experience any spikes in the spots I usually do.

That's great. I noticed performance lags on the dirt Rally Cross tracks too, but I hadn't used them in a while.

It might be enough for me to put my Sequential shifter back on my rig.

There's this really cool browser feature if you use Google Chrome. You just type in what you want to ask and like 60% of the time it gives a good answer!

Here's what it told me when I typed in "iRacing Legacy Content"

Legacy and Other Free Content: These are cars and tracks that are not typically used in an official series and typically were replaced by a more current version of the content. They are often noted as “Legacy” in their title as a differentiator from the current version, but not always, if the original name itself is still unique. Under the new model, these Cars will be $2.95 and Tracks will be $4.95. Legacy content that is used in our Rookie series will remain free. Legacy content is not eligible for our standard volume discounts.

Last edited:
legacy tracks mean that they're the older laser scanned version of the tracks, and are only used in rotation in lower levels due to the cheaper price, as D class and Rookies tend to be where the more casual players are.
legacy cars are cars that are retired due to them being superseded by a more modern version, such as the older gen 5 NASCAR's being replaced with gen 6's.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.3%