iRacing | New Hotfix Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have deployed a new hotfix build to the simulation following the recent Season 1 Update build release.

The big new AI introducing, Australian Supercar updating, fresh track releasing, swanky paint job creating 'Season 1 2020 Update' build of iRacing dropped back on 4th December, like usual it was massive - three posts worth of text massive, and unsurprisingly a few little gremlins crept in as part of the new build - hence hotfix update 1 is now in the wild. Sit back and prepare to spend some time waiting for downloads to complete next time you try and load up the sim..!

Hilariously sizeable for a hotfix (man, I love iRacing updates - this is how you update a sim racing game!) - check out the change log notes below:

Hotfix 1 Notes:

BETA Interface

• The iRacing BETA Interface may now be used to download updates while iRacing is down for maintenance, similar to how https://members.iracing.com/download works for the classic member site.
AI Races
  • AI drivers no longer sharply turn to the left when the green flag flies when using rolling starts.
  • AI drivers have received some new pace lap training which should make them less aggressive on the throttle in slow corners.
  • Official iRacing AI Seasons will now be generated when the iRacing BETA Interface is first launched.
V7 Tires
  • Tire parameters have been adjusted to reduce the likelihood of roll-overs.
  • – All V7 Tires now have simulated tire warmers to mimic warm-up laps.
    – – This adjustment should improve performance at standing starts and on out laps.
Cautions
  • The new caution mode, Caution Laps Do Not Count (DNC Cautions), where full-course caution laps do not count as race laps, remains disabled with this release.
    – – Currently, this feature is in the final stages of testing, and we will have this feature ready for you as soon as we can!
  • Fixed an issue so that restarts correctly go Single File N laps from the finish.
Lighting
  • Fixed an issue where some terrain, trees, and shrubs were not receiving headlights at night.
Flagman
  • Adjusted the Level of Detail settings (LoDs) to prevent early visual popping as the camera changes distances from the flagman.
CARS:

Dallara F3

• Fixed an issue in the garage where 3rd through 6th gear ratios appeared blank.
  • Season setups have been updated.
Dallara IR18
Formula Renault 2.0
Formula Renault 3.5
Global Mazda MX-5 Cup
  • Tires’ heat generation has been increased slightly.
  • ND2 power curve and engine parameters have been updated.
NASCAR Gander Outdoors Chevrolet Silverado
  • Tire wear rate and cooling have been adjusted.
NASCAR Gander Outdoors Toyota Tundra
NASCAR K&N Pro Chevrolet Impala
NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 – 2018
NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Ford Mustang
NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Toyota Camry
NASCAR Truck Series Chevrolet Silverado – 2013
Nissan GTP ZXT
  • Cockpit control for engine fuel mapping has been removed.
    – – This car does not have cockpit adjustable fuel mapping.
Ruf RT 12R
  • Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya and Nürburgring Nordschleife Season setups have been updated.
Silver Crown
  • Setup for Concord Speedway has been updated.
Supercars Ford Mustang GT
  • Blowoff dampers have been added to absorb curb impacts better and reduce the likelihood of being launched up onto two wheels (and then rolling over).
  • – Tire grip has been moderately reduced, and tire degradation has been moderately increased.
  • – Season setups have been updated.
Supercars Holden ZB Commodore
  • Blowoff dampers have been added to absorb curb impacts better and reduce the likelihood of being launched up onto two wheels (and then rolling over).
  • Tire grip has been moderately reduced, and tire degradation has been moderately increased.
[Archive] Ford Falcon FG V8
  • Tire grip has been moderately reduced, and tire degradation has been moderately increased.
[Archive] Holden VF Commodore V8
[Archive] Mazda MX-5 Cup – 2015
[Archive] Mazda MX-5 Roadster – 2015
[Archive] NASCAR Cup Chevrolet SS
[Archive] NASCAR Cup Ford Fusion
[Archive] NASCAR Nationwide Chevrolet Impala – 2011
[Archive] NASCAR Sprint Cup Chevrolet Impala COT – 2013
[Archive] NASCAR Xfinity Chevrolet Camaro
  • USA International Speedway setup has been updated.
[Archive] NASCAR Xfinity Ford Mustang
[Archive] NASCAR Xfinity Toyota Camry
[Archive] V8 Supercar Ford Falcon – 2012
  • Minimum cold tire pressures have been increased.

TRACKS:

Atlanta Motor Speedway

• (Rallycross Long) – Tightened up some gain-time checkpoints.
  • (Rallycross Short) – Tightened up some gain-time checkpoints.
Daytona International Speedway – 2007
  • (Rallycross Long) – Tightened up some gain-time checkpoints.
  • (Rallycross Short) – Tightened up some gain-time checkpoints.
  • (Road Course) – camera set has been adjusted.
Lernerville Speedway
  • Fixed an issue where the trees at this track would not sway properly in the wind.
  • Several environment fixes, including:
    – – Unburied some buses near Turn 3.
    – – Fixed some misspelled ads on the scoreboard.
    – – Removed the appearance of floating people at “Low” detail setting.
Lime Rock Park
  • (Chicanes) – Race lines have been updated.
    – – This track configuration is now enabled for use!
  • Fixed an issue with sound properties for rumble strips and curbs.
  • Fixed an issue where the trees at this track would not sway properly in the wind.
  • Adjusted the Level of Detail settings (LoDs) on the chalet building to prevent visual popping as the camera changes distances from it.
Phoenix International Raceway – 2008
  • (Rallycross) – Tightened up some gain-time checkpoints.
Sonoma Raceway
  • (Rallycross) – Tightened up some gain-time checkpoints.
Texas Motor Speedway
  • Lightpoles no longer cast shadows from underground.

iRacing is available exclusively on PC now.

Want to spread some love and ask or answer community questions? Plonk yourself down in the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment - start a thread and get basing that keyboard with insightful thoughts / questions!

iRacing Update 1.jpg

Last edited:
I'll say it before, but I'll say it again...iRacing is expensive...the iRenting model gets on my nerves...the sim has fundamental flaws (like FFB that never quite feels "yes!" to me)... people still find their way to driving like morons despite the carrot/stick provided by iRating/safety rating.

BUT...

iRacing clearly does NOT just send your money to some offshore bank account. As these release/hotfix changelogs show, they make major R&D investments back into the sim itself which, over time, has created what I think in many ways is the greatest sim ever.

I'll say it before, but I'll say it again...iRacing is expensive...the iRenting model gets on my nerves...the sim has fundamental flaws (like FFB that never quite feels "yes!" to me)... people still find their way to driving like morons despite the carrot/stick provided by iRating/safety rating.

BUT...

iRacing clearly does NOT just send your money to some offshore bank account. As these release/hotfix changelogs show, they make major R&D investments back into the sim itself which, over time, has created what I think in many ways is the greatest sim ever.

Yes, it's very expensive to me., but they never stop to improve the sim, I'm back to iR after 3 years off, and when saw the news I was scared, with so much news.

Yes, this was a big Update...and it got me all excited thinking there may be some more AI additions such as Cars and Tracks....sadly no not as yet.
Re-subbed after 2 years off just waiting for the AI and was very impressed with the overall visual quality especially the simple things like racing on a cloudy day...suns out and bright track light, then sun goes behind the clouds and light dims as it would....this to me looked very good:thumbsup:.
More than happy with the cost, now that the AI has finally shown up...and the AI is fantastic:thumbsup::geek: (only my opinion)...and looking forward to some Oval action with the AI at some stage:)....but most of all the new V8 Supercars and Bathurst with AI:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
Donington Sun out...racing with AI
2 iRACING AI at DONINGTON copy.jpg

Donington Sun behind clouds...racing with AI
4 iRACING AI at DONINGTON copy.jpg

Barcelona in Afternoon....racing with AI
1 iRACING AI at BARCELONA copy.jpg
:inlove::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Slightly OT, but I see iRacing are scanning North Wilkesboro Speedway and will be recreating the oval in the sim circa 1987 as I understand the track is in a state of disrepair and no longer a current venue.

They have asked the community for video or pics of the track from years back so they can use them as reference to get the look and feel of the track. Be interesting to see how this pans out as could open up potential other 'dead' circuits for being recreated in the sim.

• Deleted member 205301

...ok, I have to say it once, and never mention it again in the future : Now I got a child (7 month) and no time for training, I use IR with AI....and barely only with AI .... I'm a bit ashamed to say it cause i was clearly against this at first anouncement (years ago), that was not the reason I was here, but it's so good (ok, not perfect, on every track there is always 2-3 corners where AI is too slow ...For now Nurb is the best AI pace in my opinion...and I hope it'll be again bettr and better with time)...
This morning I ran a free practice with "real people" (in FR2.0), and was frightened by so many nuts on tracks (and so slow...mamamiaaaa) I was happy to re-use AI^^
@++

This morning I ran a free practice with "real people" (in FR2.0), and was frightened by so many nuts on tracks (and so slow...mamamiaaaa) I was happy to re-use AI^^
Hahaha good one @Brice:thumbsup:
Thats exactly how I remember Practice (and often Races too) from my iRacing days.
I even still have some replays showing how some nutcake does hunt me over more laps to finally being able to take me out.:roflmao::roflmao:

Hahaha good one @Brice:thumbsup:
Thats exactly how I remember Practice (and often Races too) from my iRacing days.
I even still have some replays showing how some nutcake does hunt me over more laps to finally being able to take me out.:roflmao::roflmao:

He needed to plan that carefully throughout several laps it seems. :D

People who intentionally wrecs you are allways pretty lousy drivers.:roflmao:
Hehe but if you have got some kind of suspicion that the guy behind you are really trying to hit you it can be pretty stressfull (in the good way:sneaky:) to try to tease him by not drive far away from his desperate attempts.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Another one I still have a replay of was a nutcase who "hided" his car under the bridge in Laguna Seca and then when I or others tried to practice a good lap he suddenly jumped out from the shadow in the wrong direction and crashed us.
OK I admit I did actually report this idiot:p

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Another one I still have a replay of was a nutcase who "hided" his car under the bridge in Laguna Seca and then when I or others tried to practice a good lap he suddenly jumped out from the shadow in the wrong direction and crashed us.
OK I admit I did actually report this idiot
LOLOL...that trick is used in the Wreckfest lobbies as well:roflmao::roflmao:....but they can get away with it as it's allowed and a challenge to try and avoid:D:rolleyes:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%