iRacing Most Realistic Physics

Been driving iRacing for about a week now and I can't get enough. They really have made some great improvements all around since the first time I tried it 5 years ago. But it's the physics that has me hooked most. Brakes, for one thing, don't lock up easy the way rF2 and especially AC does.
This doesn't make it easier to drive. The Lotus 49 for instance is much more challenging then AC's because the tires are more grabby making the physics more responsive all round.

Good point. And that's exactly how I felt the first time I tried it. Ripped off! But now I feel that I'm paying good money for the best on the market. They are obviously reinvesting some of the monthly fees into development.

As a former member I can remember that iRacing postponed the launch of the L49 several times over about 1 year.
It sounded as they could not make the car to react in a reasonable way on their highly hyped NTM.:whistling:
So looking forward to hear what happens if/when the L49 get "upgraded" to the V7 incarnation of this socalled NTM.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: My payment for renting the L49 was one of my bigger mistakes while I was a member.:poop:

I'm an Iracing user myself and like it but the Lotus 49 in Iracing is a bad joke compared to the one in AC. It's a totally different car.
Oh sure the 49 is much easier to drive in AC but its nowhere near realistic. Most of us would either not have the balls to drive a real 67 F1 or would die trying. A lot of the Pro drivers did, in fact die back in the day.
AC is missing a lot of physics detail.

Since none of us will (probably) ever have the chance of getting anywhere close to sitting in a vintage racer and being allowed to drive it at max speed/risk, we will have to make do with what feels good to each individual, and - being individuals - we will never agree. That said, to me iRacing feels the best in the way the weight shifts in the car as you brake or turn in or accelerate. Beats them all.

Oh sure the 49 is much easier to drive in AC but its nowhere near realistic. Most of us would either not have the balls to drive a real 67 F1 or would die trying. A lot of the Pro drivers did, in fact die back in the day.
AC is missing a lot of physics detail.

Well of course I just can tell you how I think the car would probably feel and imo it feels more real in AC since I also prefer AC in terms of car feel. But of course that is just a personal feeling.

I don't think AC is completely wrong just mostly incomplete, which felt a lot like I remember iRacing did five years ago. iRacing today feels like tire mod twenty something compared to AC. You hit the brakes or a corner too hard in AC and the wheel just goes dead, which is not what happens in real life. There's a whole soap load of physics reacting to all kinds conditions that are simply missing in AC and I really wish Kunos would continue developing AC1. They have the best interiors, reflections, moding and FFB. There is something so magical about the FFB but falls short in physics.
If Kunos would announce a monthly fee for continued support I would be in.

Last edited:
Try to get the Holden Commodore around Bathurst without it sliding into a wall,really frustrating.

I am hopeless with that combo,the car is soooo twitchy,I get anxiety driving it especially on that track which I adore in real life since I am an Aussie,remember Moffat and his co driver in those big hearse Falcons going 1,2.

In the 70’s,every family used to sit around the tv and watch Bathurst,not so much now.

Anyway,regretting subscribing again to ice racing,I see Chad Mostert hound his car and bully it around the track,totally opposite to the tippy toeing,driving on ice feel of iracing.

Back to practising something I am half decent at,playing the drums,useless at sim racing lol.

Try to get the Holden Commodore around Bathurst without it sliding into a wall,really frustrating.

I am hopeless with that combo,the car is soooo twitchy,I get anxiety driving it especially on that track which I adore in real life since I am an Aussie,remember Moffat and his co driver in those big hearse Falcons going 1,2.

In the 70’s,every family used to sit around the tv and watch Bathurst,not so much now.

Anyway,regretting subscribing again to ice racing,I see Chad Mostert hound his car and bully it around the track,totally opposite to the tippy toeing,driving on ice feel of iracing.

Back to practising something I am half decent at,playing the drums,useless at sim racing lol.

I’m waiting for Iracing implementing AI so that I can drive the V8 Supercars in a race. And yes…they’re more work to keep on the track than for example in Automobilista (where I love them). Perhaps just a matter of setup, I don’t know. However the times of Iceracing are over imo, I can feel as much grip as in AC, rfactor 2 etc. (Wheelbase 2.5 user).

Now try drumming this :D

I reckon the Holden Commodore in Iracing is the hardest car to drive in simracing and I have enormous respect for real drivers who race it especially on Bathurst.

These cars are technically a huuge handful,going back to a gt3 is like going back to an arcade racer,our Aussie drivers sure are talented.

I’m waiting for Iracing implementing AI so that I can drive the V8 Supercars in a race. And yes…they’re more work to keep on the track than for example in Automobilista (where I love them). Perhaps just a matter of setup, I don’t know. However the times of Iceracing are over imo, I can feel as much grip as in AC, rfactor 2 etc. (Wheelbase 2.5 user).

Now try drumming this :D

I though you were going to put up a tube of an 8 year old drumming,that’s the Facebook ,millenial thing to do. ;-)

My hero is Virgil Donati,he is from 20 mins up the road from where I live in Melbourne,Australia,lives in the usa now.

I used to watch him play every Tuesday in his jazz fusion band,Aussie legend,best drummer in the World imho.

Recently caught him playing here with some great Brazilian musicians,I played in a band for little while with a singer who used to sing with Virgil,fantastic drummer.

Now to try and sim race lmao.

P.S. I practice those 16th note ostinatos on my double pedals every day,I do double stroke rolls on my pedals at 190 bpm,not bad for an old bugger,been drumming since 7 years old though,love drumming,really stops depression,then I go and sim race sobs.

Last edited:
I just saw your post on the Iracing forums. Have you tried the tip? Also there are some guys who will probably share their setups, perhaps someone has a good drivable baseline setup.

Nah, that’s not an 8 year old drumming. :D
Don’t know Virgil Donati but will have a look, thanks. :thumbsup:

I just saw your post on the Iracing forums. Have you tried the tip? Also there are some guys who will probably share their setups, perhaps someone has a good drivable baseline setup.

Nah, that’s not an 8 year old drumming. :D
Don’t know Virgil Donati but will have a look, thanks. :thumbsup:

No,I suck at Bathurst with the Holden,like driving a piece of soap around,I have to baby it around the track otherwise it spins ,my best a 2.23.

Look at Murphy or Mosfert drive these cars and they bully them,no pussy footing or tyres made of ice in the real life cars.

Some Donati,great stuff. All Aussie band.

P.S. love that Meshuggah track.

Last edited:
Reactions: F_B
Interesting!
I haven't tried Bathurst in iRacing yet. But I did burn my V2 Fanatec wheel out dirt racing!:whistling:
Fanatec just got it fixed and hopefully it's on its way back?
I was really enjoying Triple M Digital out of Perth, I think it was? But now it gone to some annoying talk show.

I think iRacing has come a very long way in the past few years.

I dropped out of iRacing for a few years and now that I'm back I can't believe some of the changes.

The AI is a lot of fun and I can't wait to see it for all car and track combos

AI is a really good learning tool to get you up to speed before a real race.

Some of the cars feel very different to last time in a good way. I think it's all down to your favorite cars and tracks, admittedly some cars need a little more love/updates than others.

I would agree the V8 Supercars at Bathurst is probably one of the most challenging of all combos to race in iRacing. I always struggle at that track regardless of the car, the level of concentration you need to post competitive times and not bin it in the wall is my biggest challenge.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years