iRacing | Mazda MX5 Cup Car: New Damage Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing are on a role of late, with their latest and greatest preview video showcasing a rather tasty looking damage model implementation for the popular MX5 Cup car within the game.
  • The Mazda MX5 Cup to receive damage model update soon.
  • More damage model updates to be added in the coming months.
  • New patch expected to be included within the upcoming build release.

The work over at iRacing HQ continues at an impressive pace it seems, with the American development team dropping another surprising new preview video onto the internet - this time showcasing a fully reworked and updated damage model coming to the small and mighty Mazda MX5 Cup car within the title.

Anyone even half familiar with the iRacing simulation will have plenty of experience behind the virtual wheel of the MX5 Cup, as the little open cockpit touring car has formed part of the staple rookie content selection within the simulation since pretty much the beginning of recorded time.

With the rookie classes often producing pretty... interesting driving standards, it should be fun having to dodge the many flying wheels and body panels laying round the circuit when you fire up the title post release. Interesting being a generous way of putting it..!

No exact release date for the new build has been shared with the community yet, however the betting money is on a deployment sometime within the next couple of weeks - stay tuned!

iRacing is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

Want to join in with the discussion about this popular online racing title? Worry not, head over to the iRacing Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the action today!

iRacing Header.jpg

Attachments

• iRacing Footer.jpg
    iRacing Footer.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Chipping away at the big picture and I would have to say it looks promising, quite natural deformation to my eyes anyway by the video. :thumbsup::thumbsup:...great work.
....hmmm, will it provoke more contact or wrecking during a race I wonder? :O_o:

Last edited:
Excellent! Best sim on the market as far as I'm concerned. With that said I am a "Newbie" so to speak with only 20+ years of sim racing. I also drive a Miata on the track, and the race shop 'Sicksideways' who are National Champions in the USA is where my Miata gets tuned and fixed. I see plenty of damaged and/ or wrecked MX-5 Cup cars and the iRacing damage model isn't that far off! :)

Now let them fix the horrific ice gravel. So you don't need to crash that hard.

I have a feeling the grass has been tuned a bit. If you watch Jimmy Broadbent's preview of the new content you see him go off on the grass at T1 at Lime Rock in the reworked McLaren F1. He seems to be able to stop/turn the car before hitting the tyre barriers. At the moment going off there equals instant death in the tyre barrier.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%