iRacing: Lucas Oil Off-Road Series Coming This June

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Lucas Oil Trucks 1.jpg

iRacing have confirmed the rather cool news that the Lucas Oil Off-Road Series will be coming to the simulation this June.

Initially set to feature the Pro-4 and Pro-2 category of these awesome and spectacular racing machines, iRacing hope to have the new content ready and available to use as early as the June build update to the simulation.

Not only will the two categories be represented in iRacing, the Wild West Motorsports Park and Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park are also expected to be included in the first build of the series - with further locations to be added in the "coming months and years".

“I had the opportunity to drive a Pro-2 truck several years ago and was immediately hooked – I knew we had to add this to iRacing,” said Steve Myers, executive vice-president and executive producer, iRacing. “This is the right time for us to add off-road racing as we have spent years perfecting our dirt model which is featured in both oval and rallycross racing. Our dirt surfaces are dynamic, and change based on how the cars are interacting with them, which is a big part of a Lucas Oil Off-Road race. Plus, this form of racing is just plain exciting – our members are going to love it.”
The off-road series has long been a spectacular and fiercely contested form of motorsport in the United States, and following the considerable investment in both time and resources employed in the development of loose surface simulation within iRacing, the timing to bring this series to the title couldn't be better.

I know I'm very excited to see how these pan out in the title, especially in VR...

iRacing Lucas Oil Trucks 2.jpg

iRacing is an online only racing game available exclusively for PC.

Check out the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion about the simulation.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Prove it! Follow us on Social Media!

Damn thought it was a new off road sim for a moment, love these things, iracing anygood? heard it was rather expensive
Oops you gonna open up a can of you-dont-wanna-go-there. :D Like with everything value is rather subjective. Im sure those who sub to iRacing Think they get value for their Money.

I never tested iRacing but i do love the details that sim have. The only thing holding me from testing it is the price (quite poor atm) and the tire model which i hear conflicting things about. If i heard the tire model was awesome from most people then i would prolly squeeze my wallet to test it (im also not on DD wheel). Im a sucker for physics and FFB, but also the details. Flashy graphics is not so important to me but details like dirt building up on the windscreen, Little stones flying around, good sounds etc is something i really love. It kinda makes it exciting to drive longer stints. If nothing happens detail wise then driving for hours feels a little lame. I want to see things building up and changing during races. Getting the windscreen dirtier as you go on and have it cleaned when you pit is awesome. It adds Another dimension to the racing. To me anyway. :)

Hey, if you got the cash to test it - do it. You might love it.

• Deleted member 205301

....Well, honestly, I don't really understand these things : rallyX, and now pro2/pro4.... really not my taste. Glad if some guys are waiting for it, it's nice to bring some different thing in this sim...
but not my thing, tried the RallyX when it gone out, did 4/5 races, funny, but not what i'm here for.
So ok, why not ...Will be a new thing in my "not owned" list (in wich there is only the subaru and the focus, plus 2-3 dirt tracks)
@++

I never tested iRacing but i do love the details that sim have. The only thing holding me from testing it is the price (quite poor atm) and the tire model which i hear conflicting things about. If i heard the tire model was awesome from most people then i would prolly squeeze my wallet to test it...
Pretty reasonable attitude.
I "tested" it for about 5 years and left exactly because of the tire model.:poop:
But lets see when they have refined the v7 and destributed it on all cars;)

I've personally been waiting for these beasts for a long time. Cannot wait to give iRacing some more of my money and spend countless hours sliding these things around! I've got a feeling these are going to bring a great experience in VR!
Oh good point.:thumbsup: I didn't even think about the VR until you brought it up. iRacing does VR quite well. I always thought the AMS Stadium Super Trucks would be awesome in VR. So I might have to give iRacing a go again. Well for at least a month.:D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 149 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 408 39.9%