iRacing: Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series and New Track Coming Soon

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have confirmed the awesome looking Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series will arrive in the simulation this June.. and a new track too..

Having confirmed the series has been in development for some time, iRacing is set release their latest addition to the off road racing content within the sim as early as next month - confirming the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series will be added to the premium online only racing simulation this June.

iRacing: Lucas Oil Off Road Series Announcement HERE

Set to contain the Pro 2 and Pro 4 Trucks plus the exceptionally cool sounding Wild West Motorsports Park, this is a very interesting direction for the simulation to take - and something that I am personally very much looking forward to trying out within the title once it hits the public build of the software.

Happy days for fans of big trucks, big jumps and close racing!

iRacing Lucas Oil Off Road Series.jpg

iRacing is an online only racing game available exclusively for PC.

Check out the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion about the simulation.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Prove it! Follow us on Social Media!

Fully agree.
My personal oppinion is that the "historic" layout is the most fun to drive.
Its a pity that the modern GP version have destroyed this layout in RL.
So hopefully iRacing keep (and use) their "historic" layout - because no other racing game has this (laserscanned).
If you want to see 2 laps on the historic Silverstone with a likewise historic car lotus 79 then :
Hehe the blue Van Doorne Test car doesnt actually make the start :)

I have bought that old silverstone track exactly 22 month ago, it seems that will qualify my account for receiving the 14.95$ refund to my account be able to buy the new version of the Silverstone, so i'm happy about it, but still having to pay for the new version of it for the ones who have bought it more than 24 months ago is...

• Deleted member 205301

...pretty sure i was on that race (runned L79 all season in 2014&2015)

btw, I'll test these cars with pleasure, not interested by dirt (genrally speaking) and RallyX (even if i got all cars, and tested it), but these things are so fifferent from what we got, I'll probably love it, wait and see
@++

Last edited by a moderator:
...pretty sure i was on that race (runned L79 all season in 2014&2015)
Hehe glad to hear - because those were the days where I still believed that Kaemmers comming NnnnTM would solve everything :roflmao::roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I hope you wasnt the one who overtook me on the starting grid - because then Im still ready with a horsehead to your bed :sneaky:
Late revenge:thumbsup:

EDIT: Checking the video out I suddenly remember that I pretty smart outbraked him in the fast corner after the bridge complex.
Oh those were the days:D:D

Personally, i'm hoping they still use the old version from time to time. Did an F3 race at "Historic" Silverstone this week and honestly it's the first time i've enjoyed driving Silverstone since they butchered it.

It will now be a free track... so I imagine it will be run in the free content series at least..

I really like both layouts... It's a great track..

I still hope they do Brno in the future..!

The historic layout will hopefully still be used from time to time in iRacings Classic Lotus(79) Series.
And then Im sure that if there still exist some iRacing league using the Lotus 79 they will mandatory include this track layout.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The name of one of the pics is "bridge-corner-silverstone-lost-corners".:thumbsdown:

L79 iRacing.jpg bridge-corner-silverstone-lost-corners-klip.jpg

Completely off topic. Thought of renewing my membership today. Found they are running 25% discounts for lapsed members which brought down the price from 110$ to ~82$. However, on the final checkout page, a vat of ~16$ was added. What's with that? Likely not going to renew now..

This VAT thing was something iRacing suddenly introduced in 2015 because the EU changed the VAT rules for electronic services and stuff.
Hehe I was member at the time and can remember that one of their owners(name?) implied VERY vaguely that until this moment in history iRacing themselves had "covered" this tax - but had decided that they wasnt able to do it anymore.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
And Im probably not telling a secret by saying that a lot of members actually believed this goofy cover story.
iRacing did pay for us - but is economically unable to do it anymore.:(:(:(
https://www.avalara.com/vatlive/en/...u-vat-changes-to-electronic-b2c-services.html

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%