iRacing | Lime Rock Park - Then and Now Comparison Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have released an interesting comparison video featuring the newly rebuilt Lime Rock Park - 2004 to 2019

Ok, it looks like the developers have maybe used a pretty low graphic setting on the original images, but regardless of any little tricks of the trade that may or may not have been applied, I'm sure you can agree that the improvements are immediately obvious with the newly built version of this iRacing favourite circuit.

Lime Rock Park (v2) will be made available as part of the upcoming December build update for the title, due early next month.

iRacing - Lime Rock Park 'Then and Now' Video:

iRacing is available exclusively for PC.

Ask our awesome community anything about the sim! Start a thread at the iRacing sub forum !

iRacing Lime Rock Park 2.jpg

Mates, let's be honest and admit that we, the sim racing community folks, are one of the most annoying when it comes to criticize our games. No, I'm not asking to anyone be less annoying (on contraire)... just to admit it and keep on rockin' in our favorite developers ears.

most of the time i race in assetto corsa and with all shaders mods build by the comunity look really impresive, but others old sims denied the fact they need a new engine with dx 12 to match the level of detail in games like fh4 or better cuz without doubt its possible and for the kind of money they ask, dont know why they just are so lazy and show that mini tweak graphics, just ridiculous
Just upgrading to DX12 wont make your games look better, might just shave a few FPS off.
It's a question how much CPU/GPU cycles you are willing to loose rendering the image.
All almost all eyecandy shaders routines can be done in DX9 even, but a huge performance cost.

most of the time i race in assetto corsa and with all shaders mods build by the comunity look really impresive, but others old sims denied the fact they need a new engine with dx 12 to match the level of detail in games like fh4 or better cuz without doubt its possible and for the kind of money they ask, dont know why they just are so lazy and show that mini tweak graphics, just ridiculous
iRacing lives today on small touches on old makeup, but always making money. How many years ago was the Lime Rock track renovated?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.6%