iRacing | Lernerville Speedway (First Look Video)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have today dropped a new preview video from the upcoming Lernerville Speedway - due to arrive for the simulation in the very near future.

A new race track is coming to the iRacing simulation next month. Lernerville Speedway is a 4/10 mile dirt racing track located in Sarver, Pennsylvania, USA and currently plays host to a round of the well known World of Outlaws series as well as such categories as 410 Sprint Cars, Late Models, Big Block Modifieds and Stock Cars.

Having been in existence for more than 50 years, the track remains under the ownership of original investor Don Martin, and continues to host regular weekly events in a variety of national level dirt oval racing series.

Under development for a little while by the iRacing track team, the new circuit is pretty much ready to release and should be made available to purchase alongside the upcoming December build update for the title - expected in the early days of the coming month.

Not sure what to expect from the latest addition to the online racing sim? Check out this nicely put together new preview video below;

iRacing is available exclusively for PC.

Got something you want to say or ask about the simulation? Post a new thread in the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment and engage with our awesome community today!

Sim Racing is Awesome

Last edited:
I really don't get what people like about this type of racing... I suppose that in Europe this is not played a lot ?!

I hope iracing will keep a big part of it's focus on road racing...
Have you tried it out? if anything for anyone who truly likes racing each discipline has something to offer. a new challenge etc. I think from a fan standpoint Dirt racing has a lot to offer. the racing typically stays decently close and there's a lot of moves being made as a track changes throughout a night. I know iracing offers some free dirt content i'm just saying give it a whirl it may even help out in a different style of racing that you may prefer.

Yes I tried the dirt content. The Beetle mainly. Even bought some content (the huge cars jumping). I find the beetle style of cars behaviour quite unrealistic. And the jumping cars really boring. Never play either anymore. I'm not a 'dirt' man it seems....

Yes I tried the dirt content. The Beetle mainly. Even bought some content (the huge cars jumping). I find the beetle style of cars behaviour quite unrealistic. And the jumping cars really boring. Never play either anymore. I'm not a 'dirt' man it seems....
At least you gave it a shot. Sounds like more rally cross. I think all of it can be fun once you get the cars handled and a certain level of comfortability.

I really don't get what people like about this type of racing... I suppose that in Europe this is not played a lot ?!

I hope iracing will keep a big part of it's focus on road racing...

In terms of watching in person, I prefer dirt racing because it's accessible to me. I live within 30 minutes of a dirt track, where racing is available most weekends in the summer. I would guess most Americans live within an hour drive of a track where they race frequently. They typically run three series a night with heats as well as qualifiers. The races are typically fairly short (10 minutes) with tons of actions and you can actually follow the entire race since the tracks are small ovals; rather than just seeing 2 or 3 turns in road racing. I always thought it was redneck racing (and it is); but if you live in the US you should make a point of going to see it.

In terms of watching on TV, I'd far rather watch road racing.

In terms of iRacing, I don't race as much anymore in any series, but when I did, I did try out dirt ovals for a while. It required far less time to learn the track and not be a rolling chicane compared to road courses (and I don't really like paved ovals).

Reactions: F_B

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years