iRacing Indy 500 Race Edit Idea

Hey guys, I proposed this idea to Yoeri earlier and wanted to know what you guys would think about this. As some may know I'm a decent video editor and know my way around Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects pretty well and wanted to put my skills to work by doing a race edit of the upcoming Indy 500 race hosted by RaceDeparetment. If you don't know exactly what I meant by that then go to the Formula 1 website and take a look at their race edits.

Tonight I spent roughly 2 hours developing a soundtrack which I think is pretty good, but of course still a work in progress. Here's a link so that you can listen to what I have so far, and please feel free to post any creative criticism you may have, but realize I'm only human and I only have the .mp3 files of the songs so I'm limited with what I can do with them.

Link - http://www.mediafire.com/?tfs2zrauw95cuna
If you want the song names look at the picture in the project media for the names. The song by Feint wasn't used.

Also just to show you I know what I'm doing for the most part here's a picture of Sony Vegas with the edited music :) P.S. It's 2:15 A.M as you can tell by my picture... I need sleep, getting up at 8 AM for the Spanish GP.

sonyvegasu.png

Thanks Bram, I worked on the intro since I can't do more than that until the race is done and I'm pretty happy with my results.

This is just a quick picture on part of the intro, the white glow is a custom effect just for that particular spot, I just thought it looked cool to take a picture of :)

image0wv.jpg

I'm waiting on Yoeri to send the beginning of the race to me because iRacing wouldn't let me save the race, but I don't really want to nag him everyday for it =\ If either of you have it and could send me just the first couple laps that would be great.

I have a good chunk of it done, but I've had no time on the weekends in the last few weeks because of school so it may have to wait until exams are done which isn't really ideal cause it will be done weeks after the race was finished, but better finished looking nice than rushed and finished early I guess.

I must have missed it then >_> The iRacing chat was messed up for me when I was talking to you last so if you sent it through there maybe it didn't get through.

Thanks Yoeri, google docs is downloading I think 10x faster than rapidshare lol. I'm actually free of homework tonight since I spent ALL weekend on my physics final project so I'll record some stuff tonight and hopefully get a good chunk of it done :)

I've gotten some good footage over the last couple of days and edited it. The ending I think I'm going to have to re-record because Fraps lagged on me a bit and I didn't start recording early enough for my liking. I've got an updated picture of what the work space looks like though :)

raceedit.png

4 video tracks and 4 audio tracks, not bad ;) In case you're wondering the orange lines throughout the video are markers so I can write ideas down at certain spots or sync them to the beat of the song to add at that specific time. I can honestly say I don't remember using these many before (60 total). I'll work my hardest to get this out by Monday but that's kind of unlikely because exams start next Wednesday :thumbsdown: If that's the case it will be done for sure at the end of the month :thumbsup:

Hey guys, I know it's been a while, but I finished it tonight :D Sorry it took so long, last week I finished my exams and had graduation and this week my parents made me take Drivers Ed. (helps me get cheaper insurance for those who think it's dumb)

Since it's over 5 minutes and at uncompressed quality @ 59.94 fps it will take a while to render on Sony Vegas approx. 10 hours so I'll let it do it's thing over night and then I still have to compress it which takes another 8 hours roughly so tomorrow night I'll see if everything is the way I want it and I'll put it up on Youtube.

Hey guys, I know it's been a while, but I finished it tonight :D Sorry it took so long, last week I finished my exams and had graduation and this week my parents made me take Drivers Ed. (helps me get cheaper insurance for those who think it's dumb)

Since it's over 5 minutes and at uncompressed quality @ 59.94 fps it will take a while to render on Sony Vegas approx. 10 hours so I'll let it do it's thing over night and then I still have to compress it which takes another 8 hours roughly so tomorrow night I'll see if everything is the way I want it and I'll put it up on Youtube.

hey :) any news for the YT link? :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back