iRacing - hosted GT3 Club Races - Sundays @ 9:00am EST

OP has been edited - sessions are now two hours:). Sessions require password which I will post the day of the race.

These RD club races are casual events I am hosting for the purpose of providing the opportunity to race using the iRacing service but without the pressure of worrying about iRating and Safety Rating. The majority of the tracks will be base content but there will be some of the more popular paid tracks mixed in as well. All skill levels are welcome to join in and race. Please race respectfully and have fun.

Two Hour Sessions: 1 hour practice, 15 minute quali (single car, 4 laps), 45 minute race. Race fuel limited to 46 percent. You will have to pit so use the time in practice sessions to find your stall. There are also 2 fast repairs available.

Session requires password which I will post up here on the morning of the race.
Password = Senna

The cars:
BMW Z4 GT3
McLaren MP4 12C GT3
RUF RT12R Track
Ford GT3 GT3

Sunday December 27th, 2015 @ 9:00 am EST - Okayama International (base content)

Sunday January 3rd, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Daytona circa 2007 (base content)

Sunday January 10th, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Spa (paid content)

Sunday January 17th, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Laguna Seca (base content)

Sunday January 31st, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Summit Point (base content)

Sunday February 7th, 2016 @ 9:00 am EST - Interlagos (paid content)

Last edited:
I just joined iRacing today so I hope to join you as soon as I figure out how everything works.

Cheers!

Gerbuho, I just got out of Rookie class so if you have questions, feel free to PM. My advice, run time trials till you're sick of them, then run some more. If you run races, never qualify and always start from the back, that way you can avoid incidents. The oval side is far worse than the road side (not sure if you're going to do both). Upping that safety rating is far more important than wins and passes. If you start in 10th on either road or oval, chances are if you run clean, you'll finish top 5. That many people ahead of you will wreck in the first corner or lose it in the sand.

Gerbuho, I just got out of Rookie class so if you have questions, feel free to PM. My advice, run time trials till you're sick of them, then run some more. If you run races, never qualify and always start from the back, that way you can avoid incidents. The oval side is far worse than the road side (not sure if you're going to do both). Upping that safety rating is far more important than wins and passes. If you start in 10th on either road or oval, chances are if you run clean, you'll finish top 5. That many people ahead of you will wreck in the first corner or lose it in the sand.

iRacing will allow anyone to host their own events on iRacing servers.
Gerbuho is referring to the content of this thread which is joining a hosted race on iRacing. Mr. SnappyDEe is nice enough to spend his own money to host a private race for all Race Department members to join. Safety Rating and iRating do not apply to hosted events on iRacing.

You should jump into these hosted events, too! check the original post in this thread for info.
:)

iRacing will allow anyone to host their own events on iRacing servers.
Gerbuho is referring to the content of this thread which is joining a hosted race on iRacing. Mr. SnappyDEe is nice enough to spend his own money to host a private race for all Race Department members to join. Safety Rating and iRating do not apply to hosted events on iRacing.

You should jump into these hosted events, too! check the original post in this thread for info.
:)

I know that. I even bought a gt3 car so I could participate. I was just offering some tips but I'll keep my mouth shut from now on.

Thanks a lot Dave, maybe I will. I'm not interested at all on oval (for the moment) and don't like hotlapping so maybe I'll take the risky way, following your advices of course.

Actually Patrick, I was in deed referring to the iR system, altough I know the theory I still have to dive into it to really be able to join even a hosted race without doing something stupid. I still have to decide what content to buy, I guess a GT3 is a must and probably 5 tracks to get the discount.

Sorry for the offtopic, hope to see you on track soon.

Thanks a lot Dave, maybe I will. I'm not interested at all on oval (for the moment) and don't like hotlapping so maybe I'll take the risky way, following your advices of course.

Actually Patrick, I was in deed referring to the iR system, altough I know the theory I still have to dive into it to really be able to join even a hosted race without doing something stupid. I still have to decide what content to buy, I guess a GT3 is a must and probably 5 tracks to get the discount.

The beauty of the hosted system is you can learn tracks and tips without affecting your own iRating or iRating of other pilots.

Gerbuho, you are definitely welcomed to join these sessions. We can talk a bit during the practice and I'm willing to answer any of your questions. Assuming I know the answer. LOL

You will notice that most of the content in these events is base content. That is intentional because I want it to be inviting to both new and veteran iRacers. The tracks on the schedule that are paid content (Spa and Interlagos) are ones that are used extensively in many of the official road racing series in iRacing. They are also some of the fan favorites (Spa definitely is). So please do join us. As far as GT3 cars go..well, that is up to you and your tastes. Read up on each of them before committing to one. I'd hate to see pay good money for a car you end up disliking. iRacing is expensive at first so I suggest that you look at the schedule for series that you may want to participate in and make your purchases (especially tracks) based on how much use you will get out of them in the official series. You should aim to eventually run in 8 of the series races. I highly recommend the MX-5 series. It can be a frustrating car to race but you will learn a lot and the community within iRacing for the MX-5 is very good. Best of luck and see you on Sunday!

Thanks a lot Snappy. It'll be a life changing experience to be up on sundays before noon but WTH... it's racing. :D

I enjoyed the MX-5, it gave me my D and my first victory in only three races :) I still find the series thing a little confusing (got the season shedule PDF though) but I think I'll have it all figured out today to go shopping right away. Yeah, Spa was in for sure and I had Interlagos considered but not sure, your message helped with that ;)

Thanks again and see you on track I guess.

Cheers

I think I might be ready for season one. Got the Ford GT, Vette GT1 and the Skippy (not to much into open wheelers but I've heard they're good to start and have many races). I bought 9 tracks, including Spa and Interlagos. :D

Daytona - draws mixed feelings from iRacers but there can be no doubt: the racing on this roval can be plenty exciting. The draft plays a huge part and can be used to keep racers dicing back and forth. Join in, with enough drivers we could have a very fun race. Especially since pit stop strategy will be a factor. Will you take tires or not?

Generally in these races tire wear isn't significant enough to take tires, again its a sprint with this allotted time. This version of Daytona is the "old" one, so very bumpy on the oval sections, not sure how the GT3 will react to that, I remember in the old days with the Daytona Prototypes they would bottom out like crazy.

Thanks guys for a fun race. I overslept so I had to jump in and figure out how pit stop works in the way. My fuel wasn't limited so I had to make a quick guess at start. That T1 got me at L2 but it was a good race. Thank you very much Snappy.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back