iRacing General Discussion

Decenten

Driver of the #73 Team OGMRZ Holden V8SC
Here guys share your latest achievements, news and race results. This keeps it all nice and tidy. I will start us off by saying I made it to B class. Woot Woot!!! Finally did and entered my first B class event, WSCS only for it to not go official. Anyways share away :thumbsup:

I've just bought a 3 month sub. I have decided to give this a go again. Them YouTubers have a lot to answer for :D

I'm quite tight on money (kids, eh?)... my ultimate goal is V8 Supercars and GT's.
Is it feasible to get my iRating to a level where i can compete in those series by racing the MX-5's and Spec Ford and buying the odd track once a month?

I've just bought a 3 month sub. I have decided to give this a go again. Them YouTubers have a lot to answer for :D

I'm quite tight on money (kids, eh?)... my ultimate goal is V8 Supercars and GT's.
Is it feasible to get my iRating to a level where i can compete in those series by racing the MX-5's and Spec Ford and buying the odd track once a month?
You need to get safety rating and MPR in Rookie and D class first. Racing the Mazda and Spec ford can get you up to C class which will allow you to race the V8s and then with the V8s get up to B class and race the GTs. The tracks for V8s and GTs are very similiar.

Add 12 to 13 toe in on the rear and don't completely lift off the throttle when turning in or it will switch ends on ya :)
I would recommend 3mm to rear and -3mm toe front as a good setup to start with regarding toe, and then to learn good brake and throttle control. You can increase rear rebound to make it even more docile on turn in, but that might make it to uncompliant over curbs. Check the SRF forums for shared setups for the week's track.

the majority of tunes ive gotten off the form which are posted each week from the aliens, for the most part use 12-13 toe on the rear.....from what i understand its to prevent the the bug in the car from swaying back and forth on straights and to tame the lift off oversteer.....more or less a stable tune not necessarily the fastest for beginner drivers till they come to terms with the car :)

Edit: tho lowering it to 4 did take a sec off my pb at zandvoort :)

Last edited:
12-13mm, is that even possible? Seem way wacky to have that extreme toe settings, must wreak havoc with slip angles during cornering?! The baseline setup is pretty stable and also fast and that has -3/3 toe. I ran that at zandvvort and was doing high 1:36es and don't have any straight line wobbly problems once the tires are up to pressure.

Here's a good duscussion regarding this issue: http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3291602.page

Last edited:
I'll throw my hat in ring - just made my class D license! Won my first race three days ago too. And threw a few away today as well... :( Did my first race on a different track - Jefferson at Summit. Qualified 4th on the grid and hung in the top 5 with a full field, till I got a bit of a push on the back stretch which knocked me out, finishing 8th. There was a few whacky moves out there, but all in all a very intense racing on such a short and narrow track. Good times.

I played a bit back in September and turned a lot of laps and was consistently finishing in the top 5... Stopped until today, and the Miata seems to stick like glue now... Did the tire model change again since September or did I just retain my experience from before?

I did upgrade from a CSRE to a CSW v2, it feels great but I'm not so sure it has anything to do with how "stable" things felt tonight...?

Waiting now for season end/promotions - have the MPR/Safety rating for a class C license but have to keep it there and wait for mid march. In the meantime, need to save my pennies and decide which series to invest. Jeez, its pricey - but can't beat this service, really.

Did two races today, one in the MX-5 Roadster at Summit full. Did well there, grid P8 finished P6 with some good racing and only 1x incident (dropped a wheel) so almost a perfectly clean race.

Then I did another Global race in the Caddy. Shouldn't have. Didn't get a proper warm up and spun twice, then was lapped before the white flag. Grrr... The high's and lows racing.

Waiting now for season end/promotions - have the MPR/Safety rating for a class C license but have to keep it there and wait for mid march. In the meantime, need to save my pennies and decide which series to invest. Jeez, its pricey - but can't beat this service, really.

Did two races today, one in the MX-5 Roadster at Summit full. Did well there, grid P8 finished P6 with some good racing and only 1x incident (dropped a wheel) so almost a perfectly clean race.

Then I did another Global race in the Caddy. Shouldn't have. Didn't get a proper warm up and spun twice, then was lapped before the white flag. Grrr... The high's and lows racing.

You should look into the Advanced MX-5 series.

Fritz, did you check into the Advanced MX5 series yet? its a great community of racers that are super helpful but race veey cleanly. Aggressive, but clean. They keep the schedule to a mix of free content and paid content. If you join in you will be in some high SOF races that will boost your iRating.
Let me know if you need any info. Send me a friend invite in iRacing as well.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%