iRacing | Further Dallara LMP2 Preview Image Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have released another new image from the in development Dallara P217 LMP2 car set to join the simulation in the near future.

Having first broken cover back at the beginning of August by way of a few low key social media posts, the American development team have again been teasing the community - showing off the striking prototype machine on track at the British Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit in Northamptonshire.

iRacing Dallara.jpg

The new post, released over on the iRacing Twitter channel earlier today comes complete with a 'who's ready' tag line, suggesting the car may very well be in the final stages of preparation ahead of release into the public build of the game.

iRacing features many varied vehicles from road to oval to dirt racing, and further bolstering the content with a reasonably modern prototype machine is sure to be well received by the legion of fans who subscribe to the service - opening up some further multiclass racing opportunities and potentially a new high profile series or two to launch alongside this new content.

Little further information about the car, or when it is expected to be made available in the simulation is available at present - however stay tuned to RaceDepartment.com as we continue to follow the progress of this interesting new piece of content

iRacing is a PC exclusive racing simulation available to purchase from the Steam Store.

Got questions about the sim? No worries, pop over to the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread to get involved with the sim racing community today!

iRacing dallara footer.jpg

This Dallara LMP2 car is very welcome but very overdue.The sight of the old Corvette DPi in an official IMSA Iracing series was embarassing.That & the ancient LMP2 car in the Le Mans series.I think Iracing had been trying hard to have the cars in the game but nobody would play ball with the technical stuff.

The best thing to come out of lockdown is the fact that big series like IMSA & BTCC were caught with their trousers down by the fact that they had no realistic sim version of their own series for real drivers to jump into or for fans to get involved in.The fact is that many young race fans get interested in GT3 racing driving sims & they sit down & watch the real series as well or attend a race.No coincidence the BTCC game is coming & I would bet that the Iracing IMSA & Le Mans series will start to look more like the real thing instead of obsolete cars only being available.

I really want to drive this car.

Is there any reason why LMP2 are so hard to license? rF2 has 2 (Oreca and the slower Metalmoro), AMS2 has 2 (Metalmoro and Ginetta, they are more like inspired), iRacing going to have 1 (Dallara) and Pcars 2 had 2(Oreca and Ligier). Btw, Pcars 3 does not exist, like Dawn of War 3.

Also, there is no war in Ba Sing Se.

I really want to drive this car.

Is there any reason why LMP2 are so hard to license? rF2 has 2 (Oreca and the slower Metalmoro), AMS2 has 2 (Metalmoro and Ginetta, they are more like inspired), iRacing going to have 1 (Dallara) and Pcars 2 had 2(Oreca and Ligier). Btw, Pcars 3 does not exist, like Dawn of War 3.

Also, there is no war in Ba Sing Se.
The Metalmoro (MR18 I presume you are referring to) is LMP3 specs I believe, albeit with some modification for the Brazilian Endurance Series. But that's definitely food for thought because LMP2s are a lot rarer than the gajillion Assetto Corsa mods can make them seem.

The Metalmoro (MR18 I presume you are referring to) is LMP3 specs I believe, albeit with some modification for the Brazilian Endurance Series. But that's definitely food for thought because LMP2s are a lot rarer than the gajillion Assetto Corsa mods can make them seem.

No, I mean Metalmoro AJR. The larger car that they used some LMP2 parts. It is slightly slower than the Oreca 05 in rF2. Faster than Norma LMP3.

Curious question for the Iracing group. Are there more drivers now on Iracing cause of the pandemic?
Or are there possibly less Drivers cause they may need the money for essential items?
I am not a member, but just wondering how the Racing is going on the servers.
take care.

Curious question for the Iracing group. Are there more drivers now on Iracing cause of the pandemic?
Or are there possibly less Drivers cause they may need the money for essential items?
I am not a member, but just wondering how the Racing is going on the servers.
take care.

When the lockdown was in full effect the iRacing concurrent users went through the roof, (I think I saw 18,000 online once) and it was hovering between 12,000 - 16,000 daily, (peak times). I was on last night and it was at around 6500.

Before the pandemic I would consider it a lot of people if there were 4000 online.

When the lockdown was in full effect the iRacing concurrent users went through the roof, (I think I saw 18,000 online once) and it was hovering between 12,000 - 16,000 daily, (peak times). I was on last night and it was at around 6500.

Before the pandemic I would consider it a lot of people if there were 4000 online.
Noticed the same thing myself

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing