iRacing | Ford F-150 To Complete NASCAR Truck Series June 4th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have confirmed their intention to finally complete the NASCAR Trucks roster within the sim - with the Ford F-150 set to join the service this June 4th.

Yup, that's right, with the addition of the fierce looking Ford F-150 to the current iRacing NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Serie,s iRacing players will soon have available to them the entire range of the current field - adding to the already available Toyota Tundra and Chevrolet Silverado within the simulation.

The Ford has proven competitive so far in the two races that NASCAR managed to hold before the Coronavirus pandemic hit, with Johnny Sauter and Ben Rhodes currently sitting second and third in the 2020 drivers standings.

The new car (truck) is set to be made available on June 4th as part of the ongoing iRacing update deployments. While you wait, check out the new trailer below:

Original Source: iRacing

iRacing is available now on PC.

Want to know how to get the most from your simulation? Ask our awesome community at the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

NASCAR Trucks - Ford - Coming to iRacing.jpeg

only "career" available is in MP, AI you have access to each piece that has been made available to date to AI if you are willing to pay for the items (car/track) you want (some content is covered by yearly subscription, also in AI).

I don't mind paying for some content, I rather dont pay for the sub that I wont use.

I would want to access the unique content that this game has.

I thought they are building some sort of campaign style career mode for the game with AI?

I don't mind paying for some content, I rather dont pay for the sub that I wont use.

I thought they are building some sort of campaign style career mode for the game with AI?
no the ia is for racing where the series are empty of players, or for training but no career.

• Deleted member 205301

Honestly I totally dont care about that :( But oval'guys will be happy, so it's great for them.
Honestly, I will be all over this game if I do not have to pay for a subscription to race with the AI. Couldn't care much with MP racing and I am very intrigued with their career system and AI.
...pffffff
....as in any iracing thread, we have a guy talkin' about prize ... man, if you have money enough to buy a pc'gamer and a nice GC, you certainly have enough money to pay a sub for iracing : end of discussion :)
The carreer mode is very interesting in iracing, cause it's MP !!! so take it as a "real" carreer mode ;)
@++
PS : anybody knows if the usf2000 will be in this build ? (I suppose if the M4GT4 would be they' d say it)

with their business modell centred on the sub, this is not going to happen in the foreseeable future, sorry
I'm totally with you, the NASCAR oval races against AI are beyond par, hugely entertaining
nope, never planned to do it either, as far as I know. People are building their own seasons to play against AI, just like in other games and this is supported by how the AI part is set up, but as far as I know, noone at iRacing ever mentioned any AI career mode in the making. They developed AI for use at conventions and trackside events, at least that is the official version.

AI works very well indeed, but the real gem is the MP service and I guess that is what 80% of subscribers pay for. With the huge influx during lockdown, there are now grids of 300+ players every hour in some series, broken down into 15 grids of 20, so you really get gridded with chaps pretty much on par, it's just better than ever. In my Skip barber race yesterday evening, our lap times in race were all within 1.8 secs if I remember correctly. close close close. Here's hoping most of the new subs stay beyond lockdown.

Imagine the mega NASCAR game they could release for offline racers, and they got nice pit animations, that would be epic
Oh, for sure. iRacing's certainly has it's quirks and flaws but, make no mistake, if they made a run at creating a package like "NASCAR Racing 2020", it would make the legendary "NASCAR Racing 2003" look like a soiled baby diaper by comparison. For starters: overall graphic fidelity, quality of the track scans, career ladder (if they chose to include it), and dynamic track conditions.

But, as others have said, this seems highly unlikely. Even if iRacing built/packaged/sold such a thing, it's totally counter to their business model (pay per car/track AND membership). Perhaps one day you might see some offline content within iRacing itself that resembles a packaged NASCAR sim, but who knows.

it would make the legendary "NASCAR Racing 2003" look like a soiled baby diaper by comparison.
Come on. This is pure blasphemy against one of the greatest sim legends. :speechless:
Dont go further that way - my good man :x3:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Reading the posts above I become unsure if iRacing has now made it possible to include AI bots in MP races!
Because as I did read Meyers babbling before launching the bots it would never be possible to meet them in MP races between human drivers.
Is this still a fact?
Or is it now an alternative fact? :roflmao:

...pffffff
....as in any iracing thread, we have a guy talkin' about prize ... man, if you have money enough to buy a pc'gamer and a nice GC, you certainly have enough money to pay a sub for iracing : end of discussion :)
The carreer mode is very interesting in iracing, cause it's MP !!! so take it as a "real" carreer mode ;)
@++
PS : anybody knows if the usf2000 will be in this build ? (I suppose if the M4GT4 would be they' d say it)

I do not have a nice GC that is a power house. Meanwhile, I do play other games which I actively buy their content where if I add iracing the mix, essentially I am paying double for little gain. The amount of content and games I am paying for now is likely less than what iracing will cost me on it's own.

I am not interested in MP at all, just want to race on my own which I would prefer not to pay for the sub. Just want to drive official NASCAR, Supercars, Indy and so on, without relying on mods in other games.

Particularly supercars and NASCARs, it is hard to get good mods for that.

Honestly I totally dont care about that :( But oval'guys will be happy, so it's great for them.

...pffffff
@++
And as on every thread on rF2 the same happens with the rage on the ui or the graphics over and over again...

• Deleted member 205301

I am not interested in MP at all, just want to race on my own which I would prefer not to pay for the sub. Just want to drive official NASCAR, Supercars, Indy and so on, without relying on mods in other games.

yeah...hard choice indeed...
Knowing iracing is really made for MP (and barely ONLY for that), I could understand your frustration about that....
You'd have to wait again for an entire year to have a proper AI system :(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing