iRacing for me too?

Hi guys,

Years of reading good things about this game and so: well, maybe I can have a go at it.
The only thing is; I always drive offline. And so; is this (properly) doable in this game or is it all build for online?

Then the real struggle will begin; I once took a look at it and have no idea what to purchase or whatever :)

Anyway; is it for "guys like me" too?

I haven't tried the AI, I see some say it is getting better.

However, you have to consider if it is worth buying every single car and track you want, and paying a fee each month/year to be allowed to use the content you have bought, to just race single events with an AI.

AFAIK there isn't AI on all cars/tracks yet either.

Hi Navigator,

iRacing is first and foremost an online multiplayer platform. Saying that, they are starting to roll out AI on the content that is in the sim, although not all cars and tracks are enabled yet. The times I have used the AI I have been quite impressed with the results. As Ole mentioned above, if you only want to drive AI you will still need to pay the membership to have access to the AI functionality.

Saying that, you can always try iRacing with a three month promo code to see how it suits you. It doesn't cost that much. Be aware though that if you sign up for the three month promo code with your real name/mail address and you find out that you like it, you will not be able to take advantage of the 50% discount they offer for first time members. Some people sign up with fictitious names to try the sim out and if they like it they use the 50% discount code to sign up for a yearly membership with their correct name/mailing details. I don't know how legal this is but I've heard of others doing it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back