• 23000+ Members! Dear Guest, join the community on the official RD Discord server today.   learn more

iRacing | Five Tracks And Two Cars To Be Added To Free Content Listing In Next Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalnwood

250RPM
Premium
Sep 6, 2018
To be fair to a lot of people that dont see iracings value, I will refer to a poll. One I cant find to back me up :)

It surprised me when I saw it because I thought when you go to a forum you are with people that by and large are the same as you. Maybe too much time in the iracing forums lol?

Anyhow the poll was how many people have an interest in racing online and people that raced online were in the minority. The complete opposite of what I like about racing, having real people around me.

So I understand the minimal value for a lot of people. Just realise it's an online environment that wasn't made for you if your interest lies elsewhere. Yeah, it's not the only place you can go.. I race in leagues as well but they dont compare to the amount of racing you can have whenever you want. I will note that some of the largest leagues I know of run on iracing too.

dd11

10RPM
Oct 18, 2014
..I race in leagues as well but they dont compare to the amount of racing you can have whenever you want.
If they would do a math and would lower yearly subscription 1/2 or 1/4 of current one, there could be not only twice or 4 times more people (returning them same subscription money), but way more digital (free for them) copies of content would be purchased AND there would be MORE people in leagues to race "whenever" you want.
(running costs way cheaper now, plus not all who would buy a yearly sub for 25$ would be online).
I am over optimistic, and it won't be 4 times more people for 24$/year, coz they lost their chance and there there are way too many other options to race? I believe they would win by lowering sub price (copies AND participants). And it isn't about "bashing the price" thought, I think iR deserves more attention, more profit, more money for development.

Reactions: BrettSinclair1

metalnwood

250RPM
Premium
Sep 6, 2018
TBH, I dont think that maximising their profit with a simple price vs number of subscribers graph is what they are going for.

What I want are the cheapest prices while maintaining a really good environment for online racing. I think if they maximise profit by lowering prices and increasing people they will lower the quality because people wont be paying a price whereby they value what they have. This may not factor in to their thinking but I believe it is a side effect, the more invested you are the more likely you are to be a good 'citizen' - or at least attempt to be. race by race results may vary :)

• Wow
Reactions: dd11

F_B

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 27, 2013
Condescending, patronizing, toxic, as Sir David Attenborough said once iRacing fanbase is a sweet compound of humanity´s best features.
I'd be careful to generalize a certain group in that way.
That's one reason why the world is going crazy these days.

Reactions: atomed
Status
Not open for further replies.