iRacing | Dallara LMP 2 Prototype Is Coming

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have revealed the first render images of their upcoming Dallara LMP 2 Prototype that's in development - bringing more modern endurance prototypes to the simulation.
  • Dallara P217 LMP2 car in development.
  • No release date yet confirmed.

Apparently in recent days I've been searching for news with my eyes closed, so along with the AMS 2 Hockenheim DLC I completely missed this one... better late than never as they say, as we bring you the slightly old news that iRacing are developing the beautiful Dallara P217 LMP2 prototype to the online racing simulation.

Having made its racing debut in 2017, the Dallara is very much the car of choice for relatively cost effective endurance racing, and has a prominent presence in such events as the Le Mans 24 Hours, the World Endurance Championship, IMSA, ELMS and various other categories around the world - and now its coming to iRacing!

Great news for fans of the service, and another inclusion into the growing endurance racing roster of machinery currently available within the simulation - the Dallara P217 LMP2 car is still very much in the development stages. No know release date outside of "soon" has been revealed by the development team at this stage.

Stay tuned for more information when it becomes available (and probably presented in a timely fashion next time too.. which would be helpful).

Original Source; iRacing Twitter

iRacing is available now, and is exclusive to PC.

Want to know how to get the most from your simulation? Ask our awesome community at the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

iRacing Dallara LMP2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
as far "fixing" it, not sure if that is ever going to happen, it has been like this for long time - I imagine , since my sub has passed long time ago .,

so what we/you have is their idea of what it should be, therefore there's nothing to fix

only time they would be pressured into some major changes is if they start losing massive numbers of subscriptions, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so I think they are fine as is, .. make new content for extra$$$

can't really see any other sim title threatening their position

If you haven't been on iRacing for a while you might want to try it again. Tires in classes like GT3 are very good on the limit now. The only complaints I see about tires any more are from people who believe everything they see on social media...

• Deleted member 205301

Official : hockenheim is coming very-very soon !!!!! (they already said they focus all their ressources on it, and we could hope it before the end of summer^^)
Nice addition, glad for german people, this one could be a very popular track in the service (easy, fast, and some easy spots for overtaking)
The bad point is this one will use a third party scan datas (and not the iracing'one), due to the covid travel's restriction...but that could also accelerate the work .
team is also still working on finishing long Beach...
@++

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 205301

iRacing 2 won't exist. iRacing is a service, not a game, which means if they completely change the game it'll still called iRacing.com.
In one way you're right, in another you're wrong : iracing 2.0 has already existed, it was in 2012, they communicate a lot with that, and we still could see lots of "sponsors" written "iracing2.0" ...
@++

In regards to pros commenting on sims.

I use to rely on alot of there feedback back in the day than two things arised that changed all that.

Beta testing for Raceroom when testing the GT3 cars the one of the devs said.

" It's hard to find a balance when taking feedback from pro drivers. You can put two pros in the exact same setup, in the same rig and they will give you two completely different feedbacks"

Reason two.
A lot of these pros if not all are under contract to not say anything negative regarding the car brand they are driving.

Many have forgotten when a Mercedes gt3 driver responded to a SMS Twitter saying it was unrealistic, bad sounds etc. etc.
Ian Bell quickly reminded him of his contract with Mercedes and the comment was quickly deleted.

You can also probably add a 3rd reason but I haven't looked into it too much but I am sure racing is no different than other sports involved in gaming and if your Name, brand or Professional sport league has an official branded video game people are getting some piece of the pie.

I play all of them and enjoy all them. Some handle better, some have better ffb, better audio, content, ai, single player etc, etc.
But not one is even close to perfect or realistic, enjoy them for what they are.....games, to let you pretend your a race driver.

In regards to pros commenting on sims.

I use to rely on alot of there feedback back in the day than two things arised that changed all that.

Beta testing for Raceroom when testing the GT3 cars the one of the devs said.

" It's hard to find a balance when taking feedback from pro drivers. You can put two pros in the exact same setup, in the same rig and they will give you two completely different feedbacks"

Reason two.
A lot of these pros if not all are under contract to not say anything negative regarding the car brand they are driving.

Many have forgotten when a Mercedes gt3 driver responded to a SMS Twitter saying it was unrealistic, bad sounds etc. etc.
Ian Bell quickly reminded him of his contract with Mercedes and the comment was quickly deleted.

You can also probably add a 3rd reason but I haven't looked into it too much but I am sure racing is no different than other sports involved in gaming and if your Name, brand or Professional sport league has an official branded video game people are getting some piece of the pie.

I play all of them and enjoy all them. Some handle better, some have better ffb, better audio, content, ai, single player etc, etc.
But not one is even close to perfect or realistic, enjoy them for what they are.....games, to let you pretend your a race driver.
One of the physics guys from Kunos said that he preferred feedback from the engineers as numbers don't lie

One of the physics guys from Kunos said that he preferred feedback from the engineers as numbers don't lie

True...I've also been informed by developers that those numbers don't always carry over to the digital world correctly and that many fields have to be altered/ball parked due to the fact that most of the consumer available engines are not that sophisticated nor are common PC's that powerful to compute that data.

Every developer uses as much data from teams as possible, they than use driver feedback to fill in those missing gaps and attempt to dial things in.

If the numbers didn't lie, wouldn't that make every title using RL data right?
Why do we spend time arguing who does what better and what's more realistic than?

Last edited:
If you haven't been on iRacing for a while you might want to try it again. Tires in classes like GT3 are very good on the limit now. The only complaints I see about tires any more are from people who believe everything they see on social media...
good to hear,
I'd be certainly interested in trying some of the GT3/GT4

and the end of the day though, iRacing is probably not for me, as I simply dont' have as much time to commit to somewhat regular MP racing, although this is another big advantage of iRacing vs rest, you don't have to do official leagues to get good racing, so the time commitment is somewhat lesser than it would be in other MP racings sims

I'd be sure to give it another trial, if I get one of those $5/month bonus codes.
Not that I couldnt' afford to pay full amount of course, but seing how things are in my free time, it's not something I prusue - "fulltime" MP racing, threfore If I can spent less $ to see updates, that's why I do

this is by far the biggest reasons why I'm more into SP raicng, becasue I can race once a month, or do a full week , anytime I want.
But I hate to be in situation where I pay monthly fee for something I used 10 minutes that month.

Same reason I stopped playign all the subscription based MMOs, .. although have to be said that at least in one case where the MMO went from subscrption model to free to play, I found out that I had almost zero motivation to keep playing. Before - paying the fee did in a way forced me to play at least, so that I can get something out of it, but once that was gone, I only launched the game 2 or 3 times in a yeah so yeah, it's funny

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back