iRacing | Dallara LMP 2 Prototype Is Coming

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have revealed the first render images of their upcoming Dallara LMP 2 Prototype that's in development - bringing more modern endurance prototypes to the simulation.
  • Dallara P217 LMP2 car in development.
  • No release date yet confirmed.

Apparently in recent days I've been searching for news with my eyes closed, so along with the AMS 2 Hockenheim DLC I completely missed this one... better late than never as they say, as we bring you the slightly old news that iRacing are developing the beautiful Dallara P217 LMP2 prototype to the online racing simulation.

Having made its racing debut in 2017, the Dallara is very much the car of choice for relatively cost effective endurance racing, and has a prominent presence in such events as the Le Mans 24 Hours, the World Endurance Championship, IMSA, ELMS and various other categories around the world - and now its coming to iRacing!

Great news for fans of the service, and another inclusion into the growing endurance racing roster of machinery currently available within the simulation - the Dallara P217 LMP2 car is still very much in the development stages. No know release date outside of "soon" has been revealed by the development team at this stage.

Stay tuned for more information when it becomes available (and probably presented in a timely fashion next time too.. which would be helpful).

Original Source; iRacing Twitter

iRacing is available now, and is exclusive to PC.

Want to know how to get the most from your simulation? Ask our awesome community at the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

iRacing Dallara LMP2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I love the car, IMHO it's the best looking LMP2, but it's aerodynamically flowed. It's the basis for the Cadillac, which is probably the best DPi, but the aero on the LMP2 is very unpredictable. Dallara knows how to fix the issue, they've done it on the Cadillac, but the ACO doesn't allow them to implement the fix.

Hence it's not a very popular car, in fact, it is the least popular LMP2 after the all-conquering Oreca and then the Ligier.

I love the car, IMHO it's the best looking LMP2, but it's aerodynamically flowed. It's the basis for the Cadillac, which is probably the best DPi, but the aero on the LMP2 is very unpredictable. Dallara knows how to fix the issue, they've done it on the Cadillac, but the ACO doesn't allow them to implement the fix.

Hence it's not a very popular car, in fact, it is the least popular LMP2 after the all-conquering Oreca and then the Ligier.

The Riley/ Multimatic still exist, no one runs them before it was just that bad. It was a looker tho.

• Deleted member 205301

, I love the new Ligier JS P320

unfortunately, fuel consumption a bit too much, way more than the previous p3 (late regulation), it's a non-sense in 2020 :( (and do I have to talk about the prices ? these new lmp3 are not the best choices for team and/or gentlemen...I highly doubt about having the same succes as the previous'ones...)
@++

Toxic sim racing fan as in trashing the most used sim, as well as its fanbase... but I see you brought the video of pros complaining about the tires.... you do realize the only reason that video exists is because the pros actually use iRacing enough to critique it, as opposed to AC or others which aren't exactly known for their professional user base? If 99% of pros use a sim, ofc there are going to be more gripes about that sim than the other one which a mere fraction use.
ACC has a lot of Pros saying its quite good and the most accurate depiction of GT3 cars in a simulation

Toxic sim racing fan as in trashing the most used sim, as well as its fanbase... but I see you brought the video of pros complaining about the tires.... you do realize the only reason that video exists is because the pros actually use iRacing enough to critique it, as opposed to AC or others which aren't exactly known for their professional user base? If 99% of pros use a sim, ofc there are going to be more gripes about that sim than the other one which a mere fraction use.
A lot of pros used rF2 , especially during pandemic and I AFAIK they didn’t criticize tires behavior, which is the weakest point of iRacing physics since the beginning(which makes driving on the limit unforgiving) and NTM v7 still haven’t fixed this unfortunately.
If anything , I heard rF2 is little bit more realistic than iRacing overall.
It doesn’t mean rf2 tire model is always accurate, but at least allows driving at and over the limit more like in real life.
And as others have said, according to pros, GT3 cars in ACC are most realistic.

• Deleted member 205301

blablabla

for sure, you're here to talk about iracing, wich you know well, and in which you're abble to drive (as you said) " on the limits" hahaha :

lol
you made my day

So we're glad you found some others title better (to your taste), that's why there are so numerous sims...
Concerning what pros said about ACC, I could sorts you about a hundred of pros saying the opposite, once again, it(s a matter of taste...and ffb settings. (if you come on iracing with acc'ffb setting, you'll be a bit lost, same for the opposite) none sim is "realistic", they could be close, but in everyone there are things not correct, I use iracing, rf2, ams (the 1, i dont like the 2), and acc, i'm happy with this diversity, and takes every one differently (acc is for "fun", iracing is for competition, rf2 and ams is for offline driving)
have fun guy, you're welcome here every time you want to tell us how bad is iracing, and why we 'd better stops it ;)
@++

Last edited by a moderator:
for sure, you're here to talk about iracing, wich you know well, and in which you're abble to drive (as you said) " on the limits" hahaha :

lol
you made my day

So we're glad you found some others title better (to your taste), that's why there are so numerous sims...
Concerning what pros said about ACC, I could sorts you about a hundred of pros saying the opposite, once again, it(s a matter of taste...and ffb settings. (if you come on iracing with acc'ffb setting, you'll be a bit lost, same for the opposite) none sim is "realistic", they could be close, but in everyone there are things not correct, I use iracing, rf2, ams (the 1, i dont like the 2), and acc, i'm happy with this diversity, and takes every one differently (acc is for "fun", iracing is for competition, rf2 and ams is for offline driving)
have fun guy, you're welcome here every time you want to tell us how bad is iracing, and why we 'd better stops it ;)
@++
Relax...it’s only a game and play what you like. I agree all sims have major flaws. Some iRacing members take it way to seriously.
And where did I say iRacing is bad? I only said tire model is unrealistic and makes driving at the limit unforgiving. I’m first to admit it has best multiplayer, especially if you want serious competition. When they fix the tires I’ll probably re-sub , but I’m not holding my breath.
BTW: I can’t follow the link, so I’m not sure what you mean , but I can assure you that I, like most people, can drive at and over the limit in other sims. To some extent even in MX-5 in iRacing, which is unforgiving over the limit , but not bad.

as far "fixing" it, not sure if that is ever going to happen, it has been like this for long time - I imagine , since my sub has passed long time ago .,

so what we/you have is their idea of what it should be, therefore there's nothing to fix

only time they would be pressured into some major changes is if they start losing massive numbers of subscriptions, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so I think they are fine as is, .. make new content for extra$$$

can't really see any other sim title threatening their position

A lot of pros used rF2 , especially during pandemic and I AFAIK they didn’t criticize tires behavior, which is the weakest point of iRacing physics since the beginning(which makes driving on the limit unforgiving) and NTM v7 still haven’t fixed this unfortunately.
If anything , I heard rF2 is little bit more realistic than iRacing overall.
It doesn’t mean rf2 tire model is always accurate, but at least allows driving at and over the limit more like in real life.
And as others have said, according to pros, GT3 cars in ACC are most realistic.

iRacing is certainly not the peak sim, and I use rF2 more, but the high concentration of pros using iRacing (which despite the influx of GT3 guys using ACC is still not competing) is of course going to lead to more criticism across the board.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%