iRacing | Dallara LMP 2 Prototype Is Coming

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have revealed the first render images of their upcoming Dallara LMP 2 Prototype that's in development - bringing more modern endurance prototypes to the simulation.
  • Dallara P217 LMP2 car in development.
  • No release date yet confirmed.

Apparently in recent days I've been searching for news with my eyes closed, so along with the AMS 2 Hockenheim DLC I completely missed this one... better late than never as they say, as we bring you the slightly old news that iRacing are developing the beautiful Dallara P217 LMP2 prototype to the online racing simulation.

Having made its racing debut in 2017, the Dallara is very much the car of choice for relatively cost effective endurance racing, and has a prominent presence in such events as the Le Mans 24 Hours, the World Endurance Championship, IMSA, ELMS and various other categories around the world - and now its coming to iRacing!

Great news for fans of the service, and another inclusion into the growing endurance racing roster of machinery currently available within the simulation - the Dallara P217 LMP2 car is still very much in the development stages. No know release date outside of "soon" has been revealed by the development team at this stage.

Stay tuned for more information when it becomes available (and probably presented in a timely fashion next time too.. which would be helpful).

Original Source; iRacing Twitter

iRacing is available now, and is exclusive to PC.

Want to know how to get the most from your simulation? Ask our awesome community at the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

iRacing Dallara LMP2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

I love iracing, i'm in since 2011, spent more than 1500 hours on it (and close to 2000€), but...I'm a bit disapointed here with the lmp2. Dont get me wrong, we asked for a modern lmp2 since long ago, but as often, iracing signs, and release a toy who is out-to-date...(this specific lmp2 regulation will end in 2021), I'm happy to have a new car, specially this one, but i'm confused cause it comes "very-very late", almost "too late"... (dont laugh on me, off course i'll try it, and will certainly be happy to drive it)
BTW, no talks about the "major european track" they were proud to announced, seems like the deal didn't works finally :(
PS : Spent many hours this week on ACC'gt4 (like many of you^^), and today I came back to iracing's GT4, wow ! it was like meeting an old friend lost from years ! much more "alive", more "precise", need more skills, it's funny how this 2 titles could be so similar, and so different in the same way..both are great, but cars handles differently...(dont forget to set your ffb differently from acc to iracing, specially center spring).
@++

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm super excited to finally have an LMP2. I think the only other option was the Oreca but that's started life as a 2007 spec, so I suppose this is the more modern LMP2.

In any case, looking forward to it.

Did iRental, after seeing the success of Virtual Le Mans and thinking "why them, not me - GTR2 have more online than them ATM", suddenly decided they want to steal the thunder off rF2?
I love rF2... but there isn't thunder to be stolen. Its got **** graphics, a **** UI, and a **** online community. They can't hide behind their phenomenal physics forever. On the contrary, jRacing has 15k online at any given time, and tripled its member base since quarantine started... so I would say they have the thunder to be stolen.

I love rF2... but there isn't thunder to be stolen. Its got **** graphics, a **** UI, and a **** online community. They can't hide behind their phenomenal physics forever. On the contrary, jRacing has 15k online at any given time, and tripled its member base since quarantine started... so I would say they have the thunder to be stolen.
I was certain I'll get this spiel practiced by iRental fans coming along, don't get me wrong, i don't consider myself to be a rF2 fan either - I'm sure, with their subscription, they get a booklet on how to argue that iRental is the greatest game ever since the original Gran Turismo - TBH, couldn't really care less about online community nor graphics and know the UI will be sorted out eventually - and why should I fork out x amount on this money pit when I never intended to subscribe to Netflix nor Spotify - I don't have this time to play, I only have sometimes 2-5 hours in a month

LoL have more people playing online, so does that make it the greatest game ever?

My point is, besides that NASCAR event, did iRacing have an event as high profile as VLM

Lets talk about iceRacing's tire models ;)

Ah... one of my favorite simracing argument/quote's, right up there with simracers that say "it's spot on!"

Let's waste time arguing about something none of the developers have right just because you think sim X does it better than sim Y lol

And for the record, the term iceRacing is about 5yrs outdated, it's more like mushy melted rain tire once you've cooked them.
He also never claimed it to be the greatest, he was merely saying, more or less it's the popular choice for online racing.
You by the sounds of it are not a mp person.
You would also be surprised at how many choose to pay...like you and me that have limited time to race in a week soley due to the online population. I live in Western Canada and once the Europeans go to bed at roughly 4pm my time most titles become a ghost town online. Where as iracing has a strong north American fan base and is easy to jump into a race and go due to its hourly races and locked setup classes.

To answer another of your questions.
IRacing had several high profile series during quarantine.
2 Nascar series on national TV
Indy car on national TV
World of outlaws dirt series on national TV
Subaru RX series all featuring pro drivers

Play what you like!
And if you don't play it or like it why jump into a thread and make a comment like you did, other than to get a reaction?

Saw an iracing article and felt the urge to use iceRacing and iRental to insult the player base and title?

Last edited:
I was certain I'll get this spiel practiced by iRental fans coming along, don't get me wrong, i don't consider myself to be a rF2 fan either - I'm sure, with their subscription, they get a booklet on how to argue that iRental is the greatest game ever since the original Gran Turismo - TBH, couldn't really care less about online community nor graphics and know the UI will be sorted out eventually - and why should I fork out x amount on this money pit when I never intended to subscribe to Netflix nor Spotify - I don't have this time to play, I only have sometimes 2-5 hours in a month

LoL have more people playing online, so does that make it the greatest game ever?

My point is, besides that NASCAR event, did iRacing have an event as high profile as VLM

Yeah, I would say the largest online community in sim racing comes with some form of superiority in certain categories. We get it though mate, you're the toxic sim racing fan. Just because you either can't/won't pay for iRacing, means its a bad sim and everyone should hate it. Unfortunately for you, again, its the most used sim in the world by far, and it is showing no signs of stopping.

Ah... one of my favorite simracing argument/quote's, right up there with simracers that say "it's spot on!"

Let's waste time arguing about something none of the developers have right just because you think sim X does it better than sim Y lol

And for the record, the term iceRacing is about 5yrs outdated, it's more like mushy melted rain tire once you've cooked them.
He also never claimed it to be the greatest, he was merely saying, more or less it's the popular choice for online racing.
You would also be surprised at how many choose to pay...like you and me that have limited time to race in a week soley due to the online population. I live in Western Canada and once the Europeans go to bed at roughly 4pm my time most titles become a ghost town online. Where as iracing has a strong north American fan base and is easy to jump into a race and go due to its hourly races and locked setup classes.

Indy car on national TV

Play what you like!
And if you don't play it or like it why jump into a thread and make a comment like you did, other than to get a reaction?

Saw an iracing article and felt the urge to use iceRacing and iRental to insult the player base and title?
THANK YOU! I never even said it was the best for simulation value... I've got more hours on rF2 than "iRental," however I'll support both sims, and the MP base is phenomenal.

I was playing Le Mans with the BMW M8 a few days back with my DD2,
Tbh I’m not even sure how a simulator could get any better,
Scanned cars, Scanned tracks, insane audio, insane physics, totally stunning visuals graphically oh and the state of the art crash physics,
Easy to understand UI I mean it’s a simracers paradise, it’s just expensive but for sure you get what you pay for.

I'm agree with everything except the physics and the relationship they keep with FFB, which in my opinion sucks. For the rest it is amazing

We get it though mate, you're the toxic sim racing fan.
"toxic sim racing fan" - how so?
Just because you either can't/won't pay for iRacing, means its a bad sim and everyone should hate it. Unfortunately for you, again, its the most used sim in the world by far, and it is showing no signs of stopping.
Never said I hate iRacing, my point is because I don't spend enough hours playing rF2 nor AMS, why should I buy iRacing - also never agreed with subscription stuffs plus can't commit enough hours to justify

Not that I'm "not a mp person", I have enjoyed AC but only was limited to pub servers.
Probably not since there isn't much anyway - all I do is AMS1 and rF2 and yes, I don't deny that there isn't much for MP - not done much driving in the last few months - both games crashed plus I'm out of space

Also, I don't have time to practice and prepare for a race

And because I refuse to pay for Netflix and Spotify, why should I pay for iRacing?

Indy car on national TV

Play what you like!

There's no argument that it has but I can't watch the national TV series because I don't live in the US...but the rerun is in par with later editions of the Race rF2 series (except R1) - literally mediocre

Plus as a non-American, none of those on national TV are shown outside the US/North America - and I don't watch re-runs, not even for most motorsports, not even for F1.

I don't have a TV license, so can't legally watch TV anyway and don't think I will - too many **** to be worthy of a license

How about let's call iRacing in the near future the "Andros Trophy" :p

"toxic sim racing fan" - how so?

Never said I hate iRacing, my point is because I don't spend enough hours playing rF2 nor AMS, why should I buy iRacing - also never agreed with subscription stuffs plus can't commit enough hours to justify
Toxic sim racing fan as in trashing the most used sim, as well as its fanbase... but I see you brought the video of pros complaining about the tires.... you do realize the only reason that video exists is because the pros actually use iRacing enough to critique it, as opposed to AC or others which aren't exactly known for their professional user base? If 99% of pros use a sim, ofc there are going to be more gripes about that sim than the other one which a mere fraction use.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 289 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%