iRacing | Dallara LMP 2 Prototype Is Coming

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have revealed the first render images of their upcoming Dallara LMP 2 Prototype that's in development - bringing more modern endurance prototypes to the simulation.
  • Dallara P217 LMP2 car in development.
  • No release date yet confirmed.

Apparently in recent days I've been searching for news with my eyes closed, so along with the AMS 2 Hockenheim DLC I completely missed this one... better late than never as they say, as we bring you the slightly old news that iRacing are developing the beautiful Dallara P217 LMP2 prototype to the online racing simulation.

Having made its racing debut in 2017, the Dallara is very much the car of choice for relatively cost effective endurance racing, and has a prominent presence in such events as the Le Mans 24 Hours, the World Endurance Championship, IMSA, ELMS and various other categories around the world - and now its coming to iRacing!

Great news for fans of the service, and another inclusion into the growing endurance racing roster of machinery currently available within the simulation - the Dallara P217 LMP2 car is still very much in the development stages. No know release date outside of "soon" has been revealed by the development team at this stage.

Stay tuned for more information when it becomes available (and probably presented in a timely fashion next time too.. which would be helpful).

Original Source; iRacing Twitter

iRacing is available now, and is exclusive to PC.

Want to know how to get the most from your simulation? Ask our awesome community at the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

iRacing Dallara LMP2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
This forum is so toxic towards iracing it's not even funny.
Is it really impossible to let iracing coexist with all the other sims?
Just calm down.
I was playing Le Mans with the BMW M8 a few days back with my DD2,
Tbh I’m not even sure how a simulator could get any better,
Scanned cars, Scanned tracks, insane audio, insane physics, totally stunning visuals graphically oh and the state of the art crash physics,
Easy to understand UI I mean it’s a simracers paradise, it’s just expensive but for sure you get what you pay for.

It's not just iRacing, just look at the 20+ pages of tears and sniffles thread about the 20 dollar/11 car DLC for ACC :roflmao:
Reason why both iR and ACC are the best products on the market.
I have tested F1 2020 last week. Honestly first feeling (physics wise) was rather good. After some training I realized rapidly that the FFB is really years behind and decided to concentrate on ACC only. I should have definitely kept my money for the GT4 DLC...

Cash grab with DLC for the same 2008 simulator isn't the answer.

A modern version of the sim iRacing 2 (It should have been 3 or 4 by now) with this DLC would be a win- win for the dev and the user in my opinion.
It looks like a modern game it makes no difference when they made it,
its been updated maybe 20 times it looks awesome and they are always constantly updating older cars and tracks,
but yet games like Pcars and such people always comment why not just keep expanding the same 1st game adding more tracks and cars ?

so here we have people who want more development and new game titles,
and people who want to see the same game updated, I agree with keeping it updated,
R3E and IR work great this way.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 60 6.6%
  • < 5 years