• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

iRacing | Dallara LMP 2 Prototype Is Coming

LilBrick

25RPM
Feb 22, 2018
I'm super excited to finally have an LMP2. I think the only other option was the Oreca but that's started life as a 2007 spec, so I suppose this is the more modern LMP2.

In any case, looking forward to it.
What???? The 07 in the name is not the year it was created.

ivanalesi

25RPM
Feb 15, 2013
I love the car, IMHO it's the best looking LMP2, but it's aerodynamically flowed. It's the basis for the Cadillac, which is probably the best DPi, but the aero on the LMP2 is very unpredictable. Dallara knows how to fix the issue, they've done it on the Cadillac, but the ACO doesn't allow them to implement the fix.

Hence it's not a very popular car, in fact, it is the least popular LMP2 after the all-conquering Oreca and then the Ligier.

LilBrick

25RPM
Feb 22, 2018
I love the car, IMHO it's the best looking LMP2, but it's aerodynamically flowed. It's the basis for the Cadillac, which is probably the best DPi, but the aero on the LMP2 is very unpredictable. Dallara knows how to fix the issue, they've done it on the Cadillac, but the ACO doesn't allow them to implement the fix.

Hence it's not a very popular car, in fact, it is the least popular LMP2 after the all-conquering Oreca and then the Ligier.

The Riley/ Multimatic still exist, no one runs them before it was just that bad. It was a looker tho.

Reactions: ivanalesi

Brice.S.

250RPM
Sep 12, 2014
, I love the new Ligier JS P320
unfortunately, fuel consumption a bit too much, way more than the previous p3 (late regulation), it's a non-sense in 2020 :( (and do I have to talk about the prices ? these new lmp3 are not the best choices for team and/or gentlemen...I highly doubt about having the same succes as the previous'ones...)
@++

tr1v1um

100RPM
May 19, 2013
What was the increase in rF2 participation in the weeks since the virtual LeMans 24? Take a look - the change was negative...
As for any sim since for many people the situation has stabilized. Next to the fact that I don't understand what you are trying to tell me with that comment and how it relates to my comment :)

ivanalesi

25RPM
Feb 15, 2013
The Riley/ Multimatic still exist, no one runs them before it was just that bad. It was a looker tho.
Ah yeah, I forgot about that one! It's actually the Mazda DPi :) It's strange how all the chassis are so competitive in IMSA, but the ACO being the ACO allowed LMP2 to be basically a one-car show...

ltcars

1000RPM
Sep 12, 2016
Toxic sim racing fan as in trashing the most used sim, as well as its fanbase... but I see you brought the video of pros complaining about the tires.... you do realize the only reason that video exists is because the pros actually use iRacing enough to critique it, as opposed to AC or others which aren't exactly known for their professional user base? If 99% of pros use a sim, ofc there are going to be more gripes about that sim than the other one which a mere fraction use.
ACC has a lot of Pros saying its quite good and the most accurate depiction of GT3 cars in a simulation

Reactions: ivanalesi

avenger82

Krzysztof Maj
Nov 5, 2011
Toxic sim racing fan as in trashing the most used sim, as well as its fanbase... but I see you brought the video of pros complaining about the tires.... you do realize the only reason that video exists is because the pros actually use iRacing enough to critique it, as opposed to AC or others which aren't exactly known for their professional user base? If 99% of pros use a sim, ofc there are going to be more gripes about that sim than the other one which a mere fraction use.
A lot of pros used rF2 , especially during pandemic and I AFAIK they didn’t criticize tires behavior, which is the weakest point of iRacing physics since the beginning(which makes driving on the limit unforgiving) and NTM v7 still haven’t fixed this unfortunately.
If anything , I heard rF2 is little bit more realistic than iRacing overall.
It doesn’t mean rf2 tire model is always accurate, but at least allows driving at and over the limit more like in real life.
And as others have said, according to pros, GT3 cars in ACC are most realistic.

Brice.S.

250RPM
Sep 12, 2014
blablabla
for sure, you're here to talk about iracing, wich you know well, and in which you're abble to drive (as you said) " on the limits" hahaha :

lol
you made my day

So we're glad you found some others title better (to your taste), that's why there are so numerous sims...
Concerning what pros said about ACC, I could sorts you about a hundred of pros saying the opposite, once again, it(s a matter of taste...and ffb settings. (if you come on iracing with acc'ffb setting, you'll be a bit lost, same for the opposite) none sim is "realistic", they could be close, but in everyone there are things not correct, I use iracing, rf2, ams (the 1, i dont like the 2), and acc, i'm happy with this diversity, and takes every one differently (acc is for "fun", iracing is for competition, rf2 and ams is for offline driving)
have fun guy, you're welcome here every time you want to tell us how bad is iracing, and why we 'd better stops it ;)
@++

Last edited:

avenger82

Krzysztof Maj
Nov 5, 2011
for sure, you're here to talk about iracing, wich you know well, and in which you're abble to drive (as you said) " on the limits" hahaha :

lol
you made my day

So we're glad you found some others title better (to your taste), that's why there are so numerous sims...
Concerning what pros said about ACC, I could sorts you about a hundred of pros saying the opposite, once again, it(s a matter of taste...and ffb settings. (if you come on iracing with acc'ffb setting, you'll be a bit lost, same for the opposite) none sim is "realistic", they could be close, but in everyone there are things not correct, I use iracing, rf2, ams (the 1, i dont like the 2), and acc, i'm happy with this diversity, and takes every one differently (acc is for "fun", iracing is for competition, rf2 and ams is for offline driving)
have fun guy, you're welcome here every time you want to tell us how bad is iracing, and why we 'd better stops it ;)
@++
Relax...it’s only a game and play what you like. I agree all sims have major flaws. Some iRacing members take it way to seriously.
And where did I say iRacing is bad? I only said tire model is unrealistic and makes driving at the limit unforgiving. I’m first to admit it has best multiplayer, especially if you want serious competition. When they fix the tires I’ll probably re-sub , but I’m not holding my breath.
BTW: I can’t follow the link, so I’m not sure what you mean , but I can assure you that I, like most people, can drive at and over the limit in other sims. To some extent even in MX-5 in iRacing, which is unforgiving over the limit , but not bad.

Patrik Marek

1000RPM
Oct 25, 2014
as far "fixing" it, not sure if that is ever going to happen, it has been like this for long time - I imagine , since my sub has passed long time ago .,

so what we/you have is their idea of what it should be, therefore there's nothing to fix

only time they would be pressured into some major changes is if they start losing massive numbers of subscriptions, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so I think they are fine as is, .. make new content for extra$$$

can't really see any other sim title threatening their position

Reactions: ltcars

Caleb Lee

50RPM
Apr 16, 2018
A lot of pros used rF2 , especially during pandemic and I AFAIK they didn’t criticize tires behavior, which is the weakest point of iRacing physics since the beginning(which makes driving on the limit unforgiving) and NTM v7 still haven’t fixed this unfortunately.
If anything , I heard rF2 is little bit more realistic than iRacing overall.
It doesn’t mean rf2 tire model is always accurate, but at least allows driving at and over the limit more like in real life.
And as others have said, according to pros, GT3 cars in ACC are most realistic.
iRacing is certainly not the peak sim, and I use rF2 more, but the high concentration of pros using iRacing (which despite the influx of GT3 guys using ACC is still not competing) is of course going to lead to more criticism across the board.

Caleb Lee

50RPM
Apr 16, 2018
ACC has a lot of Pros saying its quite good and the most accurate depiction of GT3 cars in a simulation
ACC is definitely one of the best sims on the market, physics wise better than iRacing no doubt... but iRacing still has tons more pros using it, so of course it will be criticized in higher volumes.

Reactions: ltcars and wroobel