iRacing | Corvette and Dallara Onboard Videos

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have been very busy on Social Media lately as they build up to the new season release - this time around, taking the lovely new Corvette C8.R and Dallara LMP2 out for some laps within the sim.
  • Corvette C8R coming as paid DLC in new build.
  • Dallara LMP2 also heading to the sim.
  • New build expected within next couple of weeks.

Everyone likes a good new content video don't they? Well iRacing seem to think so, going as far as knocking up two such videos for gamers to enjoy. So, let's enjoy them shall we?

Exciting times indeed for iRacing fans ahead!

iRacing is available now exclusively to PC.

Join in with your fellow fans over on the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum - fire up a new thread and get yourself in on the action today!

iRacng Dallara.jpg

Last edited:
Several months ago the race shop I get my car prepped at had an LMP3 and an LMP2 there. I was invited to sit in the LMP3 by it's owner when he noticed how interested I was in the car. I'm 6 foot tall and 185 pounds, and climbing in on the seat, then being a contortionist to get my feet way up to the pedal box wasn't easy. It was a very small cockpit, and when the door closed, it was the closest to being claustrophobic than I ever experienced before. With my knees raised about even with my chest, the wheel close to me, and a large button box to my left I felt like I was in a space capsule. Getting out of it was almost as difficult, and comical to the owner.

Sitting next to it was the LMP2, and the cockpit for that machine was 2/3rds the size of the LMP3. The owner wasn't there and it would have been inappropriate of me to climb in without permission. I can't even image how cramped that cockpit would be, and I hope iRacing portrays that tiny cockpit.

Several months ago the race shop I get my car prepped at had an LMP3 and an LMP2 there. I was invited to sit in the LMP3 by it's owner when he noticed how interested I was in the car. I'm 6 foot tall and 185 pounds, and climbing in on the seat, then being a contortionist to get my feet way up to the pedal box wasn't easy. It was a very small cockpit, and when the door closed, it was the closest to being claustrophobic than I ever experienced before. With my knees raised about even with my chest, the wheel close to me, and a large button box to my left I felt like I was in a space capsule. Getting out of it was almost as difficult, and comical to the owner.

Sitting next to it was the LMP2, and the cockpit for that machine was 2/3rds the size of the LMP3. The owner wasn't there and it would have been inappropriate of me to climb in without permission. I can't even image how cramped that cockpit would be, and I hope iRacing portrays that tiny cockpit.
You would notice with a VR setup.

@Paul Jeffrey the build was released today and you can race the new cars in the week 14 series "New shiney Shakedown" now

Great build all round!
2 cars, 3 new tracks...can't wait to try Crandon in the trucks
New ambient sounds
Enhanced viewing distance in VR
5 more tracks added with AI
Custom driver
3 new series etc. etc

iRacing Presents - Crandon International Raceway:

Last edited:
released 2008 and keeps on selling DLC until 2020. Some call it continious cash grab.
I was starting to wonder what happened to you, as you didnt post your usual "2008" comment in the last two iracing articles lol

Personally, I'd much rather pay for a service that continues to build on its engine and adds new content than hearing devs say "we can't do that with the current engine" and be forced to wait for the next edition and pay $50+ for it.

So for me, in no way do I see it as a cash grab just selling dlc as they have added multiple features to the service.

If you don't like it....fair enough!
But please stop with the repetitive jibberish....at least entertain me and come up with something new ;) :)

What do you propose free cars and free DLC ?
not sure the people developing the game could live long eating fresh air!
Maybe an alternate "Offline" subscription (reduced$) for those of us that don't race online so we can still access the content we paid for and just race against AI. I'm fine with paying for the content and updates, just not the online service that I don't use. My schedule simply doesn't allow for online racing, as good as it may be in iRacing.

Maybe an alternate "Offline" subscription (reduced$) for those of us that don't race online so we can still access the content we paid for and just race against AI. I'm fine with paying for the content and updates, just not the online service that I don't use. My schedule simply doesn't allow for online racing, as good as it may be in iRacing.
I mean it was allways online they just only added the AI lol now you want to reverse engineer the principle of the game to suit your own liking correct ?

Last edited:
The new corvette drives really nice... sound is not a visceral as the old one (different engine) but I like it a lot... Just wish there was a way to increase the feeling of small road details in iracing...

I mean it was allways online they just only added the AI lol now you want to reverse engineer the principle of the game to suit your own liking correct ?

LOL. Is such a "principle" really that hard to adapt in order to accommodate more players? I guess it's more important to maintain a certain level of exclusivity or elitism or something . . . whatever floats your boat.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 433 39.6%