iRacing Content Pricing

Hi guys,

Thinking of getting into iRacing soon, but I don't really have a lot of money myself (don't have a job because I've found school work really taxing this year - my last year of school - although I'll probably get one in the upcoming summer holidays after I'm finished). I'm thinking of asking for an iRacing voucher for an upcoming birthday to help me get started, but I'm kinda stuck on how much to 'recommend' - I want to ask for enough to get me a ~6 month subscription and all of the paid content that I really want, but not too much so that my parents are put off.

I'm making a list of all the cars/tracks that I really want, followed by those that I would get if I had some spare cash, and then the ones that I'm not really interested in. I know on iRacing's website that they say all cars and tracks are either US$11.95 or $14.95, however I can't find any reference to which specific cars/tracks are more or less expensive. I want to know because I suspect my list is mostly $14.95 content :p

If anyone has a price list or something they could post here (or PM me) that would be great.

Cheers,
FerrariMan96.

Ah I see. Why doesn't it just say "D" then though? Seeing as you get automatically upgraded... seems weird :O_o:
You only get automatically promoted if you've done enough races at your current license level. They call it the minimum participation requirement (MPR).

So you might get a C4.5 because you've never raced a class-C car. However, that allows you to race up one class and drive a class-B series which will count towards your MPR, and that's why all the series are listed the way they are.

Last edited:
I don't see big problem with iR's pricing. After more years and 100% content bought(long time ago) it's actually cheap to keep going and buy those occasional updates(with discount).
Have been in iR from 2/2009.

I don't see big problem with iR's pricing. After more years and 100% content bought(long time ago) it's actually cheap to keep going and buy those occasional updates(with discount).
Have been in iR from 2/2009.

I think it's pretty daunting though when you're just starting. There's a lot of cars and tracks, so to buy all of that content is pretty expensive. Of course the way to do it is work up to it - when I do start I basically see myself buying tracks/cars that I really want and are reasonably popular (tracks/cars like Bathurst, Phillip Island, Mosport, Sebring, Ruf Rt 12R, Skip Barber F2000), then just slowly adding to that as I need too (although still buying a few pieces of content at a time, in order to get those discounts ;) )

Yes, it's absolutely daunting to start. That's a common concern from members, and one we hope isn't holding back the membership numbers overall.

The good thing is that there are more series available now using base road racing content: two rookie series, two series with the Cadillac, and one each with the SRF, Solstice, and Miata. Unless you have a specific car you want to drive beyond those, you can do well with just one 6-pack of tracks to give lots of options.

I have a thread on the official forums that tracks at the beginning of each season the most cost-effective 6-pack of content for new members based on that season's schedule. I'll say that, for instance, Philip Island doesn't get a lot of regular use outside the V8SC (and then you still need to find the scheduled race slots to get something official). If you're willing to buy around the end of October, look for that thread's update for the new schedule.

This season it was Donington, Mid-Ohio, Sebring, Watkins Glen, and Mosport which would give you 8 weeks of content for the SRF, GTC (solstice), and Global Challenge (Cadillac), then add one of three other multi-use tracks, or the Ruf which has three different series. If you're looking for versatility, that's the goal. About $60 on the road side and you'll get a solid selection

I have a thread on the official forums that tracks at the beginning of each season the most cost-effective 6-pack of content for new members based on that season's schedule. I'll say that, for instance, Philip Island doesn't get a lot of regular use outside the V8SC (and then you still need to find the scheduled race slots to get something official). If you're willing to buy around the end of October, look for that thread's update for the new schedule.

This season it was Donington, Mid-Ohio, Sebring, Watkins Glen, and Mosport which would give you 8 weeks of content for the SRF, GTC (solstice), and Global Challenge (Cadillac), then add one of three other multi-use tracks, or the Ruf which has three different series. If you're looking for versatility, that's the goal. About $60 on the road side and you'll get a solid selection

Cool, I'll make sure to check that out when I sign up. Season 4 starts pretty soon after I'll sign up in mid-October, so I'll check out what you say for that :)

Cool, I'll make sure to check that out when I sign up. Season 4 starts pretty soon after I'll sign up in mid-October, so I'll check out what you say for that :)
Yes, if you sign up mid-October, that's a good time. Should give you the opportunity to earn a D license for the first week of season 4, which makes it easier to pick content purchases for the full season and maybe earn some participation credits.

I think the content purchasing falls in to 2 categories.

1. Just buying the content required to run the races for the license level you are at within the sim for official races.

2. Buying content that enables you to run in third party racing leagues outside of iRacing eg. RD, as you are not license restricted to run in league races.

It all depends on what your involvement is.

I think the content purchasing falls in to 2 categories.

1. Just buying the content required to run the races for the license level you are at within the sim for official races.

2. Buying content that enables you to run in third party racing leagues outside of iRacing eg. RD, as you are not license restricted to run in league races.

It all depends on what your involvement is.

yeah #1 suits me best, if I was looking for RD League racing I'd just be doing it in one of the sims I already own ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.7%