iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • shenken

Attila, I think iRacing has said that it is looking into permitting private leagues. :)

They are. Well it will not be available at release but in the near distant future i´m sure. Because if iRacing is only offering Pickup Racing Modes, then there isn´t really a big challenge after a few weeks :)

Nice informative review indeed..

But still don't know what i should do...
On this moments i've my hands full of RACE07 and GTR2... and what wil EVO bring...

At this moment.. i'm not thinking of buying, maybe when a very large group of Racedepartment peeps is going to drive there as well.

anyway looks like a very nice game.
maik.

• Roman Liebich

As I wrote earlier at VirtualR site:
Preview? You gotta be kiddin me.. This is just pure PR stuff, “great”, “best” etc, etc.. No arguments at all, just pure statements, that iRacing is by far the best.. Maybe it is true, but to be honest I’ve never ever seen something so great and cool as is iR described in mentioned article..

• shenken

As I wrote earlier at VirtualR site:
Preview? You gotta be kiddin me.. This is just pure PR stuff, “great”, “best” etc, etc.. No arguments at all, just pure statements, that iRacing is by far the best.. Maybe it is true, but to be honest I’ve never ever seen something so great and cool as is iR described in mentioned article..

We do hear this with every new racing game that is beeing announced by a company. So in the end only the customer base will let the rest know if its good or not. As for myself i´ll hook up with iRacing even it is only for one 1 month to figure out if it is a fake or not. But I also can wait and let others do the work and then judge myself if I will use it or not!

Fact is: League Support will NOT be available from the beginning so for Leagues or bigger communities I don´t see anything there yet.

• Roman Liebich

Oh that's for sure, only this article is presented as "preview"... On the other hand it's up the customer to believe/not believe.. ;-)
To make myself clear - no negative feeling against iR and I 'm quite curious how it will develop, although I'm sceptical to be honest..

Yes, I agree previews are tricky --- but so are game reviews in general as we've seen during the past year with some review sites. At least we are getting some clues and sometimes what's not mentioned is as important as what is. After four years of development it seems a bit light to me in some areas, but then again it's new... Anyway, it will be interesting to watch and we will know all in the "fullness of time". :)

the pre-set times of races and no possibility to organize your own events can be a big road block in my eyes for communities to really own this game.

I agree with that point. A unpersonal game, even with the best graphics in the world will not be that good, but if they are really thinking in let comunitys create their own private leagues, it will be a must.

Also, that would be a good thing to see more world circuits and not only north american tracks.

I'll watch how things develop, but at this stage is doesn't look my cup of tea. The cost looks beyond what I will be prepared to continue paying, especially if it is only to join pick up racing.
I can easily satisfy my hobby needs with current games as long as they are supported by RaceDept. I enjoy the community here, and would prefer racing with my friends here, even if the games get a little outdated. GTL is considered outdated now, but I love it anyway. Race 07 gets a new upgrade soon, and I have just put my toe in the water of rFactor, so plenty to keep me interested at the moment.

It might be extremely interesting, but it might also get to bore you at some point. I'm curious to see what kind of concepts they will release adn whether there automated races are a blast or your general public server nightmare.

I never liked the idea of paying monthly for a game, but if it is the only thing you play then it might reward. $20 for a one month trial isn't that bad. I actually expect they'll offer free trials as well, but let's stay with the facts.

The big plus is that the game will be updated regularly, which I translate into a lot of debugging. I like that idea, especially since it is not done that often in racing games.

I'll be waitin patiently ;)

Thats exactly the point for lots of drivers; $20 is not much if you only play iRacing. But I am sure most of the gamers will also like to play rF or maybe a SimBin based game. Of another genre of games (shooters/etc). Then $20 is a lot of money for a game only played 4-10x each month.

I am still waiting for iRacing to open it to the beta/registered invitations. If everything goes well I hope to race it within a month.

Thats exactly the point for lots of drivers; $20 is not much if you only play iRacing. But I am sure most of the gamers will also like to play rF or maybe a SimBin based game. Of another genre of games (shooters/etc). Then $20 is a lot of money for a game only played 4-10x each month.

I am still waiting for iRacing to open it to the beta/registered invitations. If everything goes well I hope to race it within a month.
Did you mention my name as well? :D

• shenken

For all those who were invited by official Beta Members of the iRacing product, it is highly likely that those invited people will get information via email in the next few weeks.

• Jacek Kozlowski

I might give it a try.Maybe just the simplest license just for 1month to see how it works.im very interested in trying the physic (Greger Huttu said that its awsome) and graphic side of the iracing.I think i will just try it beacouse regular licens and paying for cars and tracks might be to much for me- still weve got other sims.
I think that simbin or any other developer should create a new simracing game not basing on old engins with new high end physics and graphic with regular way of distribution(not gtr evo. since it will be bassed on old ,race07,engine)

Waiting is a major turn off

I'd like to give it a try, have signed up for a subscription but haven't received any promotion code so I can't join. I think it's a stupid system that you can sign up (or purchase) when you want to. The long wait to get in is a major turn off....

Kind regards,
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%