iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • shenken

Could I buy a 6 month licence for the sim? If so how much would that be?

I think the billing will be simliar like World of Warcraft. You can decide how much to pay and for what range of months like 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or even 12 months but i´m not sure of that. Better to wait until something official will be said though i´ve read somewhere that a release is planned late spring 2008 or Summer 2008. :thumb:

Unless this sim has a massive following online then there is no way I will be paying the amount of money they require.

IMO they have got there marketing all wrong on this one. Only time will tell but my guess is that alot of racing teams will pay for it which seems to be the market they are aiming at. Also to keep up with the release of new tracks and cars will cost even more.

This sim will have to be at least twice as good as anything we curently have!! As I said only time will tell but in my business experience I definetly think they have got there target audience all wrong.

Good luck to them :D

• Robert Hicks

I have tried this out and the physics and graphics are really impressive. I'm not a huge fan of ovals but even the ovals are fun and quite challenging on this sim. I can see this easily replacing the other sims that I drive.

NDA (Partially) Off

As a result, LOTS of information is being revealed at RSC. Feverish activity there right now.

There's also a video preview 16 minutes long at SRT.

Beta testers are now nominating 10 friends to get access to the service. If anyone here is a beta tester, I'd be thrilled if you'd make me one of your invites. :)

• shenken

Oh ha.... NDA partially off? ;)

Well that sounds the release isn´t that far away anymore if it goes like this. I`m frankly no beta tester and never was one but hopefully I get a chance beeing a beta tester for someone. When I tried to sign up over there, their database system was crashed..... :drunk:

LOL. Looks great but that guy was a bit hectic. He entered each turn IMHO to fast. His tires wouldn´t last that long on a long stint :D
After watching the SRT preview, I dont really like the idea of paying $25 for cars and upto $25 for a track and thats after you have worked your way up to them as you cant just buy the game and cars and jump straight into the late models.

A basic subscription gives you 2 cars and 8 tracks. 4 ovals, 4 road, Thats worse that ARCA and at least we have not got to pay for new tracks!

• shenken

Pay to play has its niche only in MMORPGs and not Racing Platforms. The approach iRacing is doing would be the first step into the way like many MMORPGs are going and I wonder if they will have success. But if i´m correct, their fanbase will not be sim community in general. It should be more treated as a "training tool" :rolleyes:

Whatever. I´m gonna wait at least that long before I do pay for something. What I want to know is if iRacing is gonna care about Leagues or not! As their platform can be raced only online and that there will be no Dedicated Server things, I doubt it will going to happen that Leagues can create rooms with their preferred settings....

But what do I know??? Nothing so far..... So i´m waiting....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 216 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%