iRacing | Check Out The Awesome NASCAR '87 iRacing Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing surprised many of us when they announced their intentions to bring some historic NASCAR racing to the simulation - and now we get our first opportunity to see these epic looking cars in action out on the circuit.

Of course, iRacing enjoys the unique position of having a very close relationship with the governing body of NASCAR competition, already featuring several modern day models from the various official NASCAR sanctioned racing series.

Having recently recreated the now near derelict North Wilkesboro Raceway for the simulation (host to the former Winston Cup Series), the online racing service have gone one better as they have not one, but two historic NASCAR machines heading to the simulation.

Bringing to life the iconic 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo and Ford Thunderbird, both expected to release this coming June, you can grab your first opportunity to see the cars in action on the new trailer below:

Original Source: iRacing

iRacing is available now on PC.

Want to know how to get the most from your simulation? Ask our awesome community at the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

iRacing NASCAR 1.jpg

iRacing NASCAR 2.jpg

Last edited:
Papyrus earned their stars with retro-racing: Grand Prix Legends and NASCAR Legends (I worked on both). I'm delighted to see them (now reconstituted as iRacing) return to their roots. A recent poll showed most sim racers actually prefer historic tracks. Me too. I know they can't laser scan Riverside or Bridgehampton (both venues visited by NASCAR back in the heyday of Grand Nationals) but I know a modder who can recreate tracks like that with about 99.99% accuracy. His initials are KL.

Its funny to see the videos mix of RL Nascar and iRacing sequences.:thumbsup:
But its pretty easy to see which is which.
And its also easy to see that the way iRacings cars get airborne isnt realistic at all.:rolleyes:
But as said it looks fun.

Not sure about not realistic at all..... looks pretty good to me, if you compare to something like this.........
As you can see in my post Im refering to the video.
Check as example the iRacing car running backwards at about 80kmH :) and then suddenly does begin flying.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I was not saying that NO cars in RL Nascar EVER get airborne :whistling:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%