iRacing | Check Out The Awesome NASCAR '87 iRacing Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing surprised many of us when they announced their intentions to bring some historic NASCAR racing to the simulation - and now we get our first opportunity to see these epic looking cars in action out on the circuit.

Of course, iRacing enjoys the unique position of having a very close relationship with the governing body of NASCAR competition, already featuring several modern day models from the various official NASCAR sanctioned racing series.

Having recently recreated the now near derelict North Wilkesboro Raceway for the simulation (host to the former Winston Cup Series), the online racing service have gone one better as they have not one, but two historic NASCAR machines heading to the simulation.

Bringing to life the iconic 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo and Ford Thunderbird, both expected to release this coming June, you can grab your first opportunity to see the cars in action on the new trailer below:

Original Source: iRacing

iRacing is available now on PC.

Want to know how to get the most from your simulation? Ask our awesome community at the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

iRacing NASCAR 1.jpg

iRacing NASCAR 2.jpg

Last edited:
2008 iRacing gives you a fraction of other sims (ACC or AMS2 continuous improvements as a contrast example).

As someone who plays and owns every sim I struggle to understand your opinion?
AMS2 is in beta...updating the game daily is part of the process ;)
ACC is also very new and was quite a mess at launch, tho Kunos have done an excellent job getting it to where it is now and I have no doubt Reiza will do the same.

For the past 2 yrs iracing has been releasing pretty big updates quarterly and weekly hotfixes.

Outside of updating the engine have either titles had any major features added that weren't in the original engine?
Ex. Loose surface physics, dynamic track, temp, sky, AI audio, VR etc. etc...
I'll admit until proven wrong....I have more faith in Reiza than Kunos based off previous titles that they will continue to build on the engine and add features down the road like they did in AMS.

The main reason I play iracing is for it's multiple racing deciplines in one title...RX, trucks, dirt oval and ovals....AMS2/ACC don't offer that.

MP.....let me know when any title catches up in this department.

In the last 8 yrs I've bought 2 rfactor titles, 2 project cars, 2 assetto corsas, 2 Simbin/S3E titles, 2 Dirt Rallies, 2 AMS and multiple F1 titles.
1 iracing title in that time.

ya I've let my subscription lapse several times as I couldn't justify the cost for what I was getting but the last 3 yrs I've renewed my subscription every black Friday at a discounted prices and have no problem paying due to the amount of stuff they have added to the game in the past 3 yrs.

They have tons of stuff in the pipeline and I know I will receive a big update every 3 months.

In most titles you have to wait for a steam sale to get anything cheaper. Iracing gives you several options to reduce costs all the time, up to $40 a year for running 2 series a season, $10 for Evey friend you refer and discounts on ALL content if purchased in bundles.

The other thing I enjoy is that I don't need a $5k super PC to play in VR so I can spend more on my other hobbies.

Hell if any of those titles can bring all those racing disciplines to one title and have a mp format with iracings user base at a cheaper price I'll switch in a heartbeat, but until then......
Play the games you like.

Last edited:
There are tons of alcohol logos in iRacing...any trackside banner that had an alcohol logo when it was scanned, is in the game (lots of Budweiser banners, for example). I don't know how they swing it, but it's so prevalent that I didn't even notice the Coors logo that you mentioned.

I don't know if it's the case in US, but here, in France, if it's for a historical prupose and that include, Alcohol branding is allowed, not really tobacco but at least alcohol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%