iRacing | Cedar Lake Speedway Announced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
American development studio iRacing have announced the Cedar Lake Speedway will be the next dirt oval venue to come to the iRacing simulation.

Fans of dirt racing have further reasons to be excited in iRacing land recently, as the American development team have confirmed yet another new dirt oval will be joining the simulation in the not too distant future.

According to Wikipedia Cedar Lake Speedway is "a 3/8 mile dirt clay oval race track located near New Richmond / Somerset, Wisconsin. Named after the nearby Cedar Lake, it hosts a weekly NASCAR racing program consisting of Late Models, Modified, Super Stocks, and Midwest Modifieds. It also hosts multi day events such as "The Masters," "The USA Nationals," "The Legendary 100," and the "Triple Crown." There is an Indoor Motocross facility and 1/5 mile dirt oval, Cedar Lake Arena, located directly behind the track".

iRacing Cedar Lake Middle.jpg

iRacing have confirmed the track should be heading to the simulation for the next season build update, expected to land within the coming weeks.

Original Source: iRacing Twitter

iRacing is a PC exclusive racing simulation.

Got questions? We got answers! Start a new thread in the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment today.

iRacing Cedar Lake footer.jpg

Last edited:
This is so cool, I love seeing iRacing enabling people to enjoy this kind of racing in a sim. I grew up in the midwest and can tell you, in that part of the country, the countryside is absolutely dotted with tracks like these. This particular example looks a bit more established and elaborate than many (ok, most) of the ones I used to frequent growing up, but that didn't stop them from being absolutely packed on a Saturday night. Unless you grew up in the region or are super into oval racing, you may have gone your whole life as a motorsports fan and never knew this type of racing existed but, I assure you, taken in aggregate, it's an extremely popular form of racing in the US. It's just highly regionalized and doesn't get much publicity.

Looking forward to this...not gonna lie, last yr I was starting to get tired of the road racing in iracing and decided to test the ovals and dirt ovals with the free content included in the subscription and was absolutely hooked!
Bit of learning curve at first but didn't take long to adjust as I have spent alot time in the rallyx cars.

I rarely watch ovals on tv and understand the boringness of watching it on tv....but racing it in the sim is insanely intense from start to finish.
Going 2 and 3 wide in a pack lap after lap bumper to bumper is nerve racking and drifting side by side on dirt is so rewarding and fun :)

Hoping they plan to update the dirt tire to a newer model in the near future.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this...not gonna lie, last yr I was starting to get tired of the road racing in iracing and decided to test the ovals and dirt ovals with the free content included in the subscription and was absolutely hooked!
Bit of learning curve at first but didn't take long to adjust as I have spent alot time in the rallyx cars.

I rarely watch ovals on tv and understand the boringness of watching it on tv....but racing it in the sim is insanely intense from start to finish.
Going 2 and 3 wide in a pack lap after lap bumper to bumper is nerve racking and drifting side by side on dirt is so rewarding and fun :)

Hoping they plan to update the dirt tire to a newer model in the near future.

Same! I've never ventured over to play in the dirt, but I love being able to switch between oval and road. It's a great way to fight burnout and I am convinced it's made me a better racer.

I did not think I would enjoy the oval content in iRacing as much as I did until I tried it. I mainly race road, but I really like getting in occasional dirt and asphalt stock car oval races. Surprisingly it has helped me be more calm when racing in close proximity to cars on the road side, since you get much more practice doing it while racing oval.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000