iRacing | Brand New Skip Barber and Lime Rock Park Coming December

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have revealed a brand version of two legendary pieces of content are coming to the simulation this December.

You would be right in thinking that both Lime Rock Park and the little Skippy are already available to purchase in iRacing, but the American developers have a little surprise - both pieces have been rebuilt from the group up - breathing fresh life into two of the most popular and long standing pieces of content available within the sim.

Apart from the fact both the track and car are scratch built and not enhancements to existing content, little is known about these two new additions other than they will be made available as part of the December build update.

Of course, bringing new versions of existing content is a pretty bold move by the simulation, and it will be highly curious to see how the pricing strategy is put together for these - will they be free for existing owners? What will happen to the 'old' versions? Not long left to find out... stay tuned!

iRacing is available exclusively for PC.

Got yourself a question? Get a thread started and let the community help you out in the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

Sim Racing AWESOME!

iRacing Lime Rock Park .jpg
iRacing Skip Barber 2.jpg

I love iracing, but... I hate that the FPS of the sim differ greatly depending on cars & track. Maybe they should let you do different graphics settings depending on cars/tracks like they let you do with the controls on cars :)
(and something similar when you use VR or screens)
Just worried that I'm going to get another track that's going to take a hit on the fps...

iRacing is currently offering a deal of 25% off 1 year and 2 year subscriptions for Black Friday (discount ends Dec. 5th). Only works for active subscriptions. So if you're not active, you'd have to renew/activate a month and then renew that subscription with the discount code.

Discount on 2 years renewal and meeting minimum race participation (8 rounds in 2 official series), makes the service fee $2.91/month...

Those that have questions on what they rebuilt with the skippy, its graphical from what they have said. Look at the steering wheel/instruments and wheels. The instrument cluster looks much more realistic and the suspension is much more detailed. The tires are also completely round now instead of having a small chunky appearance at certain angles.

it's all very subtle, but if you drive the car regularly you'll notice it.

• Deleted member 205301

Those aren't the 2008 graphics, it's just the 2008 version of the track. It you search YouTube, iRacing looked way worse in 2008.
...don't reply to these guys, you know, when it's about iracing, people always talks without knowing....when it's not about the $system, it's bleaching about this or this... the truth is they prefears another sim (...let me guess : AC or ACC), glad for them, no need to be a hater...
@++

Those aren't the 2008 graphics, it's just the 2008 version of the track. It you search YouTube, iRacing looked way worse in 2008.
Ohhh OK. I misunderstood the video. I thought they were showing graphics progress since they also showed the 2004 pre-release track so when they went to the 2008 it seemed like that was literally from 2008 going from how the video made it seem.

I just watched the video again. I don't know, the way the video's made really makes it seem like they're showing the track as it was in those years (2004, 2008, 2019).
...don't reply to these guys, you know, when it's about iracing, people always talks without knowing....when it's not about the $system, it's bleaching about this or this... the truth is they prefears another sim (...let me guess : AC or ACC), glad for them, no need to be a hater...
@++
Relax :) You mention other people talking without knowing yet you're doing the same thing. I generally play all sims fyi. I barely care about graphics. For me it's physics 1st, FFB 2nd, audio a close 3rd, and graphics probably in 5th or 6th place. I was just stating an observation, that's all :)

Thought it looked like weird shadows instead of tire marks, lol.
I was going to say the same. They look odd, like some shadow from a big curvy object hovering above the track rather than rubber marks on the pavement. I bet in-game it looks fine though.

Last edited:
Lime Rock was default content, the Skippy was not. From what I saw, everyone that owns the original gets the new Skippy.
haven't read/heard that yet, but then again I never follow the podcasts. What iRacing often does (if I remember correctly): If you bought/rented the content within the last 24 months and it gets updated, you get the update for free, if you bought/rented it before, you have to pay again but only half the price. For me this would mean half price and I'd be willing to pay that if the immersion gets significantly better. Looks like it does from the vid above.

haven't read/heard that yet, but then again I never follow the podcasts. What iRacing often does (if I remember correctly): If you bought/rented the content within the last 24 months and it gets updated, you get the update for free, if you bought/rented it before, you have to pay again but only half the price. For me this would mean half price and I'd be willing to pay that if the immersion gets significantly better. Looks like it does from the vid above.

That is typically what they do when they come out with a newer version of a car model (along with including the older car as default content). When the Dallara IR18 came out, they game everyone who purchased the 2012 model within the X months a credit. But this is the same car, just updated graphics.

From what I read in their forums, the update is free for those that own the content already.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 412 39.9%