iRacing: Audi RS3 LMS TCR Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have revealed a new preview trailer of the upcoming Audi RS3 LMS TCR car set to join the simulation this September.

Having been in the works for a little while, including the odd teaser mention in recent videos and news snippets from the studio, we now finally have some official details about the upcoming RS3 LMS TCR... it's coming to iRacing this September.

Yes, touring car racing is set to take centre stage in iRacing once again next month. The highly competitive TCR specification RS3 LMS is set to be made available to players as part of the 2019 Season 4 update, expected to be deployed to the simulation in the next few weeks.

Touring car racing has taken something of a back seat in iRacing these past few years, so the arrival of a modern TCR specification car is a nice move from the American developers, and is something I'm highly interested to try out for myself when it becomes available in the near future.

Stay up to date with the latest news, check out the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

you don't notice it in race much, it is wild, and they can bump and bang with less penalty than other series. its fun, very tough to master, the TCR
and it is modeled after a real series the IMSA Michelin Pilot Cup or something

This seems to imply that the threshold for receiving an SR penalty has been increased. Is this a feeling, or verified by patch notes etc?
Touring car IRL has always been a bit fuzzy on the non-contact side - If the other driver is still alive, the stewards will turn a blind-eye - and I love it!
I think the SR system works well, and if I want to play Wreckfest I can literally play Wreckfest, but sometimes I feel different series should have different rules of engagement.
A bit of rubbin' doesn't make it an arcade game!

This seems to imply that the threshold for receiving an SR penalty has been increased. Is this a feeling, or verified by patch notes etc?
Touring car IRL has always been a bit fuzzy on the non-contact side - If the other driver is still alive, the stewards will turn a blind-eye - and I love it!
I think the SR system works well, and if I want to play Wreckfest I can literally play Wreckfest, but sometimes I feel different series should have different rules of engagement.
A bit of rubbin' doesn't make it an arcade game!

I know that when they released dirt oval racing that they tailored the SR contact threshold to accommodate for more contact. They could have done the same for the TCR.

I know that when they released dirt oval racing that they tailored the SR contact threshold to accommodate for more contact. They could have done the same for the TCR.

Agree, my majority of time in iracing is spent on the dirt road side.
I really enjoy the eased up SR contact in RX, it would be nice if they could do something similar for the touring cars

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back