iRacing advice please.

Im sure you would have seen loads of these threads before but a very brief bit of adive wanted please:

How does Iracing compare with Rfactor?

Roughly how much does it cost per month?

How often can you enter races?

Can you practise offline / online as much as you like?

Can you only race in IRacing servers or do RD run servers?

Thanks in advance.

Im sure you would have seen loads of these threads before but a very brief bit of adive wanted please:

How does Iracing compare with Rfactor?

Destroys it. FFB is miles ahead, along with the car physics. Tracks are the best around and the service and staff are second to none.

Roughly how much does it cost per month?

Depends really, if you buy a year or two then its cheaper, if you sub every month it'll cost you a bit more. A year is $99 at the moment. Obviously you'll have to buy content on top but once you bought it you've got it forever.

How often can you enter races?

For official series it depends, some are every hour, some are longer. Hosted sessions can be put up at any time.

Can you practise offline / online as much as you like?

Yes, as long as you have an active subscription.

Can you only race in IRacing servers or do RD run servers?

Only iRacing host the server, but using the hosted racing option allows you to put up your own server hosted by iRacing, you can choose everything and password it if you like.

Thanks in advance.

Answers in bold :)

We host private events for RD members in iRacing right now, you can rent a server for just a few dollars for a race session or take part in the numerous official iRacing series. You can try iracing for $12 for three months by using this link to a special promotion.

I used to race rFactor back in the day, but don't anymore.

For me, the only plus side for rFactor over iRacing is that it is moddable and you can probably get access to more tracks and more cars/series than iRacing offer, but that doesn't mean it is necessarily better for this. You still get plenty to go at with iRacing, with 20 plus vehicles and 40 plus tracks (often with multiple layouts) with more to be released in the coming months.

Quite a few rFactor MOD's I tried over the years weren't all that good. At least with iRacing you are getting laser scanned tracks and cars and a racing experience that IMO is second to none. There is no AI to pit your wits against, just you against the world, lol.

Just my personal opinion and not a sales pitch for iRacing, before any rFactor lovers start jumping all over this thread, lol.

Even I am back to iRacing since last week. I am member since 2008 and hardly raced it (my stats are a joke :) ), but I rediscovered it and like it really.

The thing James forgot to mention but is really important;
iRacing evolves ! They are trying to update the game 4 times a year and since the start lots of enhancements and new features are added.
They actually seems to listen to their members, instead of the regular developers only trying to sell and then walk away from the project.

The best way i find is to use the race planner and choose when you are going to race and then build upto that race during the week. Once you are in a series for the season it is best to only do two races in that series a week. e'g' i am racing the V8 this season and i only do the race on Sunday night and Monday lunch time (UK time) the rest of the week is practice and sorting out the setup. I try and jump in a Grand Touring race once a week with no practice and that isn't going so well :) bloody Jettas get in the way :)

So I got IRacing. Have been practising at Lime Rock for a while in the Mazda but cant get the thing round under 1.02. Watched a race tonight where most guys seem to do PB's of less than a minute and if i joined i would be last by a country mile. I dont seem to be so uncompetitive in RFactor, and its probably a daft question, but can anyone give me any tips on how to speed up a bit?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back