• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

iRacing | 2020 Season 3 Patch 1 Now Available

sjb266

500RPM
Feb 13, 2016
I know iRacing staff tactics. I exposed their accounts and their behavior. Is it pathetic when your every day job mr. SJB is my toilet paper that I use and flush in a second?

Nice real name mr. Sjb. I hope I can meet you IRL. There are a lot of stuff I think I can teach you. Wow, only thinking about that makes me shake of excitement.
I think i'm starting to like this guy!! :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: Brice.S. and BrunoB

Rowdy Busch

25RPM
Nov 18, 2009
  • The New Damage Model has been disabled for this vehicle.
  • This has been done out of an abundance of caution in preparation for the start of the Official Series’ for 2020 Season 3. We intend to re-enable the New Damage Model on this vehicle when testing concludes that racing will only be affected positively.
LOL, this is hilarious. Good from "iRacing the racing simulator".....
Only the NEW damage model has been disabled. That does not mean that they will have no damage. Only the "old" model...

Andrew Harper

2000RPM
Dec 1, 2014
I'm only curious.

As a non iRacing user (I have nothing against it, I just prefer casual leagues on RF2 at the moment, I can only race once every few weeks).

The new iRacing damage model is simply brilliant and in my view more sims should have it. The YouTube vids show a very realistic break up of the cars.

However, how many races actually use it? The reason why I ask is a lot of racers ask for realistic damage but if you bump a wall or clip another car (say it's not your fault and simply a racing incident) and your 30 lap race is over before it's even begun, I would imagine the frustration would be huge.

I lot of the leagues I do have damage at say 50% so there is an element of risk and you have to behave yourself but damage is not race ending.

Like I say I'm just curious how many people use it. It's one of those things that I can see being switched off, although brilliant.

Brice.S.

250RPM
Sep 12, 2014
I'm only curious.

As a non iRacing user (I have nothing against it, I just prefer casual leagues on RF2 at the moment, I can only race once every few weeks).

The new iRacing damage model is simply brilliant and in my view more sims should have it. The YouTube vids show a very realistic break up of the cars.

However, how many races actually use it? The reason why I ask is a lot of racers ask for realistic damage but if you bump a wall or clip another car (say it's not your fault and simply a racing incident) and your 30 lap race is over before it's even begun, I would imagine the frustration would be huge.

I lot of the leagues I do have damage at say 50% so there is an element of risk and you have to behave yourself but damage is not race ending.

Like I say I'm just curious how many people use it. It's one of those things that I can see being switched off, although brilliant.
Well .... i'd say for now 8 cars (or series) uses the new damage model (many openwheels, usf2000, pro-mazda, skip, f3, porsche cup, GT4, TCR, and GT1 maybe I forgot 1 or 2...dont know about the oval racing, cup series would have a fix soon, so it'll be 9 series/cars)
To be honest, it's still not perfect, but it's ok ..now looking forward to punctures when you drive over debris...hope it'll be implemented one day...
I personnally runned on leagues at that time of GTR2/RFactor (yeah, it's been a while^^), then, discovered iracing and never get back on a league... The reason : when i runned a league, I was always top 3 (we were about 25-30 guys), and when we did endurance races and/or big events (national or international) we were always fighting for podium, so I though I was a very great simracer...and then, when I joined iracing I was 1/2 second slower than the best guys, ranked only 1000th ....wow !
So the difference is not really about "damage model" or "physics" (rf2'ones are great), that more about fighting 2/3000 people, instead of fighting always the same 25/30 ...
@++

Last edited: