iRacing | 2020 Season 3 Patch 1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new patch has recently been deployed to iRacing following their 2020 Season 3 build update - and as usual, it's a rather large one...

Yes, iRacing don't really know how to make small updates to their online racing simulation platform, and despite 'only' being a small post update release, this first 2020 Season 3 patch is again of the long read variety.

While not as long as the two-page main build notes from a few days previously, the update is still packed full of some very nice features and improves, full details of which you can read below:

iRACING BETA UI:

• Some new video clips have been added to the splash screen when the iRacing BETA UI is loading – collect them all!
  • Loading progress for the iRacing BETA UI is now displayed in the Windows Taskbar.
Results
  • Resolved an issue where some users were not able to view Recent Results data due to a bad data reference.
Leagues
  • Pagination has been added for the League Roster list.
Loading Screen
  • Fixed an issue where using the loading screen could cause the Simulator to load into the wrong full-screen resolution when the Windows desktop is in HDR color space.
SIMULATION:

AI Racing

• AI Drivers have received additional training with the Audi RS3 LMS.
Heat Racing
  • Fixed an issue that was causing User-Created Heat Racing Sessions to have an incorrect limit on the max number of drivers in the Session.
  • Fixed an issue where Heat Racing Events were not using the “Score Average Lap” setting correctly for Qualify Sessions.
Tire Sets
  • Fixed an exploit where a driver could get a free set of tires during a pit stop if they exited the vehicle.
Auto-Exposure Camera System
  • Adjusted the rates and limits of this system to help minimize issues while we improve it.
  • Fixed several bugs related to locating the cockpit window in VR.
Visual Effects
  • Adjusted the camera shake effect for camera transitions.
Particle Effects
  • Adjusted particle settings for when a players’ tires make contact with the ground.
Audio
  • Volume of sawtooth curbs has been adjusted to prevent audio clipping.
XAudio2
  • A Master Volume slider has been added to the Sound Options menu. Now you do not have to fiddle with the “app.ini” file to adjust it.
  • The slider ranges from -40 dB to 0 dB, so users can easily tune the volume of the entire Simulation.
  • The volume adjustment range of Engine, Tires, Crash, and Wind sounds have been increased from -10 dB to -20 dB.
  • Fixed the issue where XAudio2 was not correctly muting the Simulator when the window loses focus, if requested.
  • Users can set this through the variable, “mute_WhenFocusLost”, in the “app.ini” file. A value of “1” will mute the Simulator when window focus is lost, and a value of “0” will not.
  • Fixed an issue where microphone volume gain was not being applied to XAudio2 stereo sounds.
  • This was causing the cockpit view’s engine and wind sounds to be too loud at times, particularly if the Master Volume was reduced from maximum.
  • Fixed an issue with crackling noises during car startup sequences when using xAudio2.
CARS:

Aston Martin DBR9 GT1

• Baseline setup has been updated.
Audi R18
  • Full manual control for deployment of the MGU-K has been restored.
Audi R8 LMS
  • Fixed an issue where this car failed to start at tracks with a high altitude.
  • The starter cranking RPM has been increased slightly.
Audi RS3 LMS
  • Friction coefficients of side skirts and middle chassis have been reduced to prevent excessive speed loss when scraping.
  • Tire compound has been reverted to the latest 2020 Season 2 version.
BMW M4 GT4
  • Some decals for a fixed paint scheme have been updated.
  • Brake light brightness has been adjusted.
Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT1
  • Baseline setup has been updated.
Dallara IR18
  • Season setups have been updated.
Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Various vehicle audio has been remixed for XAudio2, including; idles, in-car engine, transmission, and backfires.
Ferrari 488 GTE
  • Various vehicle audio has been remixed for XAudio2, including; idles, in-car engine, transmission, and backfires.
Ford Mustang FR500S
  • Power steering assist has been adjusted.
Global Mazda MX-5 Cup
  • Fanatec has been added as a sponsor to this vehicle.
Indy Pro 2000 PM-18
  • Visor tear-offs have been added for the drivers of this car.
  • Fixed an issue with the order of options in the Anti-Roll Bar adjustment dropdown menu.
NASCAR Chevrolet Monte Carlo – 1987
  • Clutch torque capacity has been increased.
  • Tire wear rate has been reduced slightly.
  • Driver animations have been updated to reduce leaning while turning.
  • Fixed a crashing issue that could occur when loading this vehicle at Dirt tracks.
  • Fixed an issuer with the oil pressure gauge needle.
NASCAR Cup Series Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
  • The New Damage Model has been disabled for this vehicle.
  • This has been done out of an abundance of caution in preparation for the start of the Official Series’ for 2020 Season 3. We intend to re-enable the New Damage Model on this vehicle when testing concludes that racing will only be affected positively.
NASCAR Cup Series Ford Mustang
  • This has been done out of an abundance of caution in preparation for the start of the Official Series’ for 2020 Season 3. We intend to re-enable the New Damage Model on this vehicle when testing concludes that racing will only be affected positively.
  • Fixed an issue where the aero vents could disappear even when undamaged.
NASCAR Cup Series Toyota Camry
  • Fixed an issue where the nose grills could disappear.
NASCAR Ford Thunderbird – 1987
  • Clutch torque capacity has been increased.
  • ire wear rate has been reduced slightly.
  • Driver animations have been updated to reduce leaning while turning.
  • Roof antenna has been adjusted.
  • Fixed a crashing issue that could occur when loading this vehicle at Dirt tracks.
  • Fixed an issuer with the oil pressure gauge needle.
NASCAR Gander Outdoors Ford F150
  • For the Paint Shop, rollbar colors are now customizable.
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR
  • Power steering assist has been adjusted.
Porsche 919
  • Full manual control for deployment of the MGU-K has been restored.
Radical SR8
USF 2000
  • Visor tear-offs have been added for the drivers of this car.
  • n the garage, the front and rear wing flap adjustment controls have been moved to Chassis tab.
  • Fixed an issue with the order of options in the Anti-Roll Bar adjustment dropdown menu.
  • Rear wing flap adjustment tooltip has been updated with additional information.
TRACKS:

Atlanta Motor Speedway
  • (Oval) – Track checkpoints have been updated.
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
  • Speed bumps have been updated to interact more smoothly with the New Damage Model.
Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans
  • Curbs and speed bumps have been updated to interact more smoothly with the New Damage Model.
Daytona International Speedway
  • Speed bumps have been updated to interact more smoothly with the New Damage Model.
Eldora Speedway
  • An errant floating lightpole has been planted in the correct position in the infield.
Road America
  • Fixed an issue where the surface type for part of pit lane was incorrect, and could trigger pit speed limit warnings and reset pit options.
  • Fixed an issue where some treelines were visually popping as the camera changed distances from them.
  • Some advertisements have been updated.
Tsukuba Circuit
  • Wind now causes trees and reeds to sway at this track.
[Legacy] Daytona International Speedway – 2008

iRacing is available now on PC.

Want to know how to get the most from your simulation? Ask our awesome community at the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

iRacing Footer.jpg

I know iRacing staff tactics. I exposed their accounts and their behavior. Is it pathetic when your every day job mr. SJB is my toilet paper that I use and flush in a second?

Nice real name mr. Sjb. I hope I can meet you IRL. There are a lot of stuff I think I can teach you. Wow, only thinking about that makes me shake of excitement.

I think i'm starting to like this guy!! :roflmao:

LOL, this is hilarious. Good from "iRacing the racing simulator".....

Only the NEW damage model has been disabled. That does not mean that they will have no damage. Only the "old" model...

I'm only curious.

As a non iRacing user (I have nothing against it, I just prefer casual leagues on RF2 at the moment, I can only race once every few weeks).

The new iRacing damage model is simply brilliant and in my view more sims should have it. The YouTube vids show a very realistic break up of the cars.

However, how many races actually use it? The reason why I ask is a lot of racers ask for realistic damage but if you bump a wall or clip another car (say it's not your fault and simply a racing incident) and your 30 lap race is over before it's even begun, I would imagine the frustration would be huge.

I lot of the leagues I do have damage at say 50% so there is an element of risk and you have to behave yourself but damage is not race ending.

Like I say I'm just curious how many people use it. It's one of those things that I can see being switched off, although brilliant.

• Deleted member 205301

I'm only curious.

As a non iRacing user (I have nothing against it, I just prefer casual leagues on RF2 at the moment, I can only race once every few weeks).

The new iRacing damage model is simply brilliant and in my view more sims should have it. The YouTube vids show a very realistic break up of the cars.

However, how many races actually use it? The reason why I ask is a lot of racers ask for realistic damage but if you bump a wall or clip another car (say it's not your fault and simply a racing incident) and your 30 lap race is over before it's even begun, I would imagine the frustration would be huge.

I lot of the leagues I do have damage at say 50% so there is an element of risk and you have to behave yourself but damage is not race ending.

Like I say I'm just curious how many people use it. It's one of those things that I can see being switched off, although brilliant.

Well .... i'd say for now 8 cars (or series) uses the new damage model (many openwheels, usf2000, pro-mazda, skip, f3, porsche cup, GT4, TCR, and GT1 maybe I forgot 1 or 2...dont know about the oval racing, cup series would have a fix soon, so it'll be 9 series/cars)
To be honest, it's still not perfect, but it's ok ..now looking forward to punctures when you drive over debris...hope it'll be implemented one day...
I personnally runned on leagues at that time of GTR2/RFactor (yeah, it's been a while^^), then, discovered iracing and never get back on a league... The reason : when i runned a league, I was always top 3 (we were about 25-30 guys), and when we did endurance races and/or big events (national or international) we were always fighting for podium, so I though I was a very great simracer...and then, when I joined iracing I was 1/2 second slower than the best guys, ranked only 1000th ....wow !
So the difference is not really about "damage model" or "physics" (rf2'ones are great), that more about fighting 2/3000 people, instead of fighting always the same 25/30 ...
@++

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%