iRacing | 2019 Content and Features Review Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing recently released a rather cool video - looking back on the many achievements by the simulation over the course of the last 12 months.

Reviewing in video form the changes within iRacing that have happened since last December, the American racing simulation has certainly undergone some significant development this past year - adding many new features and pieces of content as they bid to grow and advance within the sim racing genre.

Literally too many changes and content releases have occurred since December 2018 to write down here in list form, but I'm sure many of you will agree that the improvement to weather and time of day changes have been welcomed, as has the addition of AI and a brand new damage model... but to get the full flavour of the changes, check out this awesome new video from the developers:

Got questions about the sim? Ask our community and start a thread at the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum!

iRacing 2019 Trailer 2.png
iRacing 2019 Trailer 3.png

Last edited:
Just renewed for £4.50 - 3 month membership, crappy UI, Crappy graphics, Crappy FFB imo £4.50 is overcharging for the whole thing, yea I get it its the bets for onli..... Yade ya but I don't want to race a last gen game just because they have organised racing, had an amazing race on ACC Last night and its only a matter of time before something game changing happens, I won't be renewing and paying more for a couple of cars and a track thank I can spend on a whole game..

One more small thing, I load up the game have 2 different crappy UI's to choose and cannot find any graphics options (I may be wrong here) only after googling do I fined that I need to edit files to get VR to work I mean even the new UI 'NEW' Has no graphical option other than select your screen res.

It all feels so old and I can't forgive so many inferior aspects all to get a schedule and a damn expensive one at that.

Congratulations you have your B licence fancy sending us a few hundred to enjoy it?

Just renewed for £4.50 - 3 month membership, crappy UI, Crappy graphics, Crappy FFB imo £4.50 is overcharging for the whole thing, yea I get it its the bets for onli..... Yade ya but I don't want to race a last gen game just because they have organised racing, had an amazing race on ACC Last night and its only a matter of time before something game changing happens, I won't be renewing and paying more for a couple of cars and a track thank I can spend on a whole game..

One more small thing, I load up the game have 2 different crappy UI's to choose and cannot find any graphics options (I may be wrong here) only after googling do I fined that I need to edit files to get VR to work I mean even the new UI 'NEW' Has no graphical option other than select your screen res.

It all feels so old and I can't forgive so many inferior aspects all to get a schedule and a damn expensive one at that.

Congratulations you have your B licence fancy sending us a few hundred to enjoy it?
Anyone force you to renew? Yes or No will be fine.

Thank you for sharing your IRacing experience , have had the opportunity to race against the AI? How are they performing?

• Deleted member 205301

Ridiculous comment....
Have a nice day kid
@++

Iracing has come a long way with their updates. I wish I had the extra money and the time to do online racing. Have fun guys with all the new features, probably more to come in the future. Nice Video.

Edited, looking at other comments here, If I have to race against drivers like RCHeliguy (Great Racing Rig) and his shown picture of his Racing Rig, I dont have a chance on Iracing with my simple Thrustmaster TMX. Take care.

Last edited:
Exactly, I really love iRacing but I don't like v7 tires. I checked mx5 and 911 Feels like snow tires with a very high profile on a hot tarmac. Tires have some advantages but overall is a step backwards.

Edit: Sorry but I have not played ir for a long time and now after 2 hours I change my mind about tires, it's more a problem with FFB plus new tires. Currently I am experimenting with irFFB and it's better. I'm starting to like new tires.

Last edited:
The new damage on the F3 and skippy was really the best part for me this year. New tire model was meh...was hoping for a bit more and the trophy trucks were a disappointment, but otherwise it was an amazing year.

They really stepped up their game, particularly in the graphics department.

Whatever they're doing, it's working. I rarely see less than 5,000 people paying at any given time and most days they're over 10k players.

Anyone force you to renew? Yes or No will be fine.
It's not a yes or no thing, curiosity and a cheap offer price 'tempted me' and reaffirmed why I gave up on it. They charge 10x more than more advanced software because they have a schedule, GT sport has one too and better graphics ok it's handling is a bit wonky but as least they aren't exploiting their customers.
Ridiculous comment....
Have a nice day kid
@++
Why? I'm glad you like it, I'm just not into antiques.
Thank you for sharing your IRacing experience , have had the opportunity to race against the AI? How are they performing?
I haven't, honestly I was only tempted by the lure if the schedule I hear good things but for anyone using iracing as their offline racer must have deep pockets and bad eyesight.

Last edited:
I also resubbed for next to nothing and currently enjoying it, the VR in this sim is the best of the lot. The driving experience I've always found to be a bit different to other Sims but once i get in the groove it becomes very good, the AI are off to a good start which is nice.

They've certainly done a lot this past year since i was last subbed, good to have the choice of all these Sims.

Those emotional iRacing haters.. just skip it and play something else instead of wining & bullying around every time, every game has its own permission to be on the market. An advantage of iracing is not only the license system but also the four different motorsport genres, including oval racing. iRacing is solid for what it is, a raw competitive racing system with a good service, graphics don‘t have to be shiny for what it is. The new tire model is spot on.

As far as how the tires and cars feel, I was blown away by them. Now granted I have a motion, tactile and high end controls and play in VR, but the MX-5 feels like a small car that slides easily, the BMW M8 GTE feels heavy powerful and planted The Porsche 911 991 cup car feels in between, in weight and power. It distinctly feels like a rear engined car it terms of how easy it is to rotate the tail.

The physics feel amazingly realistic. Balancing your trail braking and application of power feels great! The sense of speed, and everything else feels great. I like the new tire model a lot!

I don't know how much of this is my SC2 Pro or having a great tactile feel in my pedal deck and seat when the front or rear wheels start to slip, or how I can run 120 fps in VR, or the motion queues, but I suspect it is the combination of everything.

I'm loving VRS (Virtual Racing School). Having someone walk you through a track turn by turn with video and then being able to test drive against identical track conditions to see how close you can get to a top driver and compare your telemetry values to see frame by frame where your biggest areas to improve are is helping me learn to drive faster. It's like having a coach.

Now I'm learning about car setup and once again VRS supplies known good setups for specific tracks that you can use to learn how to tweak things starting from known good setups and see how the setups are changing from track to track.

The overall experience is more than having races against real people available every half hour. However a couple of the better racers in the Discord group I've been learning from raced 6 races in the morning yesterday. They posted their results that varied by who they were pitted against in each race. Another took a snapshot of his race that included Dale Earnheardt Jr :)

Personally I think the graphics look great in VR. I've never played it on a screen.

iRacing has a lot of strengths that work together to make it a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing