1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured iRacing 2018 Season One Update and New Content Released

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +521
    So you were being serious then. You were stating your opinion, not making a joke.

Scott Speed seems to think that iRacing have done a good job with the RX side of things, and I guess he should know.

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Akra

Akra

Ratings:
    +173
    Man I hate when people say "Yeah but X driver said this!". Ant Davidson said Silverstone was 100% realistic in Codemasters original F1 game. Turns out they accidentally modelled the MotoGP circuit, but Ant said it was right eh? Earnhardt Jr swore by how perfect iRacing was on day 1. Nevermind that following cars increased front end grip - JUNIOR SAID SO!

I wish we'd stop hiding behind the marketing that driver put out to defend games and actually have a discussion on whether the game is realistic or not.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  3. snyperal

snyperal
    Premium

Ratings:
    +99
    I think it's damn good fun. I'm just not very good at it. I think more practice is needed. I don't think it'll be too long before a good nudge at the right time will win your race but we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. bogani

bogani

Ratings:
    +154
    Jesus. I wasn't being serious with the racing slicks part, that is pretty easy to figure out, but about the grip levels on dirt, yep, that is my opinion. It becomes fairly obvious when you compare real life onboards and watch RX in general.
    The tires does not seem to be capable of holding on to the gravel at all laterally. It behaves like when you hit the RX tracks in Project Cars 2 with the circuit setup instead of the RX setup.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +108
    I've done a few races and I agree, the grip level seems really low in the dirt. It looks cool for great slides, but it feels like you are in slow motion when you take a dirt corner.

I also wish the audio was better. The VW is not exactly inspiring. I expected a lot more popping and banging.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. FernandoAFM

FernandoAFM
    Fernando Mattos Premium

Ratings:
    +74
    I enjoyed pulling a big slide at Pheonix and rounding the corner just on wide open gas. It feels fun so far!

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Austin Ogonoski

Austin Ogonoski

Ratings:
    +347

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Ville-Samuli Mutanen

Ville-Samuli Mutanen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +166
    I was expecting a bit more from iR. For me as a hc rally fan it's a bit disappointed how the Beetle drives especially on gravel. It shouldn't be possible that Codemasters are doing the best RX cars. World is seriously broken.. :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Leynad777

Leynad777

Ratings:
    +93
    pCars 2 WRX-cars seems better and just got my handbrake to do them justice;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Ville-Samuli Mutanen

Ville-Samuli Mutanen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +166
    Not really. :)

• Love Love x 1
  11. bogani

bogani

Ratings:
    +154
    I haven't played around that much with the PC2 RX.

The D4 ones feels good, even though the gravel grip could be toned down a notch or two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,285
    Yup, DiRT actually got the best RX of the games mentioned.

I think AMS could be a proper contender with some more proper RX cars and tracks though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,396
    And some proper loose surface physics. Hopefully they will enhance that aspect in there next title :)

Ive enjoyed PC2 RX the best and has a great amount on content.
    FFB on my tx is very detailed and informative when sensing bite on dirt, understeer, transition from tarmac to dirt, 4WD, tire flex and getting sideways all feels natural to me.
    Live track, weather and graphics really help the immersion level aswell.
    Really hope SMS bring proper race support to MP for the upcoming dlc. Ex. Practice and heats.

I am sure some updates and more content will improve the RX in iracing. They've got a great base with proper mp and track tech....its got me considering getting back into iracing but ill hold off for the time being to see if more content comes.

Anyways..... I cant believe how much I am enjoying RX in general, so glad to see it more in simracing!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  14. Ryan Robbins

Ryan Robbins

Ratings:
    +70
    After driving both Pcars 2 RX and iRacing today for quite a few laps I feel Pcars 2 is a lot funner and frankly more satisfying to me.

• Like Like x 2
  15. rw3

rw3
    Premium

Ratings:
    +112
    Oh boy iRacing made a bit of a mess of it. The problem is that their 'loose surface' modelling only really seems to deal with hard-packed clay or similar, to which they then apply a layer of oil to keep grip down. Compare what we see at
    with the grannying around because your tyres just won't stop spinning that we see in the current iRacing RX. A poor effort and not something I'll be wasting any more time on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Robin_NL

Robin_NL

Ratings:
    +7
    Or Hell:
    http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/event/69/hell

Cheers
    Robin

• Like Like x 1
  17. billymitchell

billymitchell

Ratings:
    +56
    The problem is that they introduced three new things at once: Car, Track, Surface. Plus new Heat sessions and another Safety License.

But like everything they introduce new to their community, they will use feedback to sort out the kinks, and over the 2018 seasons, it will take it's true form.

Everyone forgets that iRacing is an iterative platform, and while they've forged a rougher product to launch with than usual, I see no reason to doubt they'll get there. I usually don't buy their new content at launch for that very reason.

18. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +805
    and people seem to like it: joined my first ever rallyx session yesterday night and there were 300+ players in one session! don't think i was ever before gridded in grid16 or so, lol.
    the heats work nicely, two heats of 5laps, 1 joker included, best four from two heats go through to finals, a consolation heat of 6 laps incl. 1 joker for best 6 (?) runner ups, best two of these grid in pos. 9/10 in finals, and finals run 10 laps, still one joker. really really fun.
    cars take far less damage than they do in dirt04, one touch to a solid wall and your suspension is rather bent, so one needs to be cautious.

19. Ryan Robbins

Ryan Robbins

Ratings:
    +70
    Yep, tons of people playing. My last race way 5am EST and 200 people...its what makes iRacing shine

• Like Like x 1
  20. snyperal

snyperal
    Premium

Ratings:
    +99
    I've had a couple of races and boy is it fun! Great effort. I think the heat feature will make league events much easier? A great little addition.