iRacing 10-Year Celebration: David Kaemmer Interview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing 10 year Celebration interview 1.jpg iRacing 10 year Celebration interview 2.jpg iRacing 10 year Celebration interview 5.jpg iRacing 10 year Celebration interview 3.jpg iRacing 10 year Celebration interview 4.jpg iRacing 10 year Celebration interview 6.jpg
iRacing very recently celebrated 10 years of the online simulation, and to mark the occasion we get to watch an interview with the man behind the magic, David Kaemmer…

Kaemmer speaks to gamers to celebrate an incredible 10 years of active service, a time where the simulation has progressed a long way from what were ambitious but humble beginnings. In the short 6+ minute interview, video iRacing CEO David Kaemmer speaks about the journey so far, and gives some more insights into both the upcoming damage model and day to night transitions, two very eagerly awaited feature improvements that are expected to form part of new build releases for the simulation in the coming months ahead.

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

10 years eh? Share your iRacing memories below!

Last edited:
Ahhh Papy, how I miss you. You were there for me when I got my first wheel and when I joined on-line league play for the first time. If only iRacing could be a bit more affordable or at least have a sale once in awhile. Still they have raised the bar just as Simbin did with GTR.

Been there since the beginning, but had been playing less and less, and finally a month or so ago I cancelled my sub. If I was super serious into e-sports and racing on a competitive level, then I'd still be all in. However, with the uncertainties of a real life work schedule, it just isn't feasible to pay all that money for as little time I do get to race on it. These days, if I want to grab a quick race, there are so many other offerings that are much less expensive. Someday I'm sure I will dive back in, but for now, I'm going to admire from afar.

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

I don't know how you can edit this out and maybe not your fault. Copy paste?

This is misleading because although you can start a new subscription via steam. You cannot renew it there. They only accept paypal, CC and some other forms of payment, but never through steam to renew your plan.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%