iOS dashboard app

Hi, I have made a sim racing dashboard app for iOS. It is called "DashPi".

https://joyqi.com/DashPi

Here are some screenshots

IMG_1932.PNG IMG_1933.PNG IMG_1934.PNG

It is now compatible with Dirt Rally, Dirt 3, F1 2015, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, Live For Speed, and I plan to support more and more games. I will also make a Android version.

Now the app is under open beta. Are there some guys want to join the beta list?

Please email me your apple account. You will receive the invitation from apple a few days ago.

My email address is magike.net[at]gmail.com

Anyone know how to get the curved RPM gauge in the customised design page (like the RPM in the Motec dashboards that come default with the app)?

This app is pretty solid so far, fast refresh rate and hasn't crashed yet (used a similar app before this and it would crash to home screen quite often in the middle of a race).

Upvote 0
Just in case anyone was interested, I made this dashboard for DashPi as an attempt to make a "timed" shift light: The 80's themed colors in the back are actually RPM lights that illuminate from the bottom go up. They're set for the last 10% of power before the shift point (not to be confused with the final 10% of the engine's power), where there's a final white bar at the top and the gear indicator flashes white. I find the timing of it scrolling up the screen gives a great visual cue to time the shift just right (I know pretty much every LED system does this essentially, but I only wanted the highest RPM band to be visible). Check it out, I'd like some feedback.

Screenshot%202017-03-08%2000.44.09.png

Upvote 0
Just in case anyone was interested, I made this dashboard for DashPi as an attempt to make a "timed" shift light: The 80's themed colors in the back are actually RPM lights that illuminate from the bottom go up. They're set for the last 10% of power before the shift point (not to be confused with the final 10% of the engine's power), where there's a final white bar at the top and the gear indicator flashes white. I find the timing of it scrolling up the screen gives a great visual cue to time the shift just right (I know pretty much every LED system does this essentially, but I only wanted the highest RPM band to be visible). Check it out, I'd like some feedback.

Screenshot%202017-03-08%2000.44.09.png
nice one mate!!

Upvote 0
Hey guys! Sorry to necro this thread, sadly I can't find a better place. I'm very new here, so I'm not sure if this is the best place to post it, but I have downloaded DashPi for both the Android and iOS, but I noticed that my RPM LED and my Tire temp/wear is not functioning; I am playing both F1 2015 and F1 2016 and followed the instructions given in the home page... Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance! And do direct me to the proper thread if I posted in the wrong area.

Upvote 0
Hey guys! Sorry to necro this thread, sadly I can't find a better place. I'm very new here, so I'm not sure if this is the best place to post it, but I have downloaded DashPi for both the Android and iOS, but I noticed that my RPM LED and my Tire temp/wear is not functioning; I am playing both F1 2015 and F1 2016 and followed the instructions given in the home page... Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance! And do direct me to the proper thread if I posted in the wrong area.

Not sure how well it works for the F1 series, but sometimes the app loses connection for me when using Automobilista, but I find that happens only when there's a lot of internet traffic.

Beyond that, are you saying that other features work (example: lap timer) and only the RPM LED and Tire Temp/Wear don't work, or are you saying everything isn't working?

Upvote 0
Not sure how well it works for the F1 series, but sometimes the app loses connection for me when using Automobilista, but I find that happens only when there's a lot of internet traffic.

Beyond that, are you saying that other features work (example: lap timer) and only the RPM LED and Tire Temp/Wear don't work, or are you saying everything isn't working?
try to check wifi is not on 5ghz also fail with that ... only 2.4

Upvote 0
Came up with 2 more dashboards inspired by the 'Data' preset:
Screenshot%202017-05-31%2000.16.19.png

Tire/Brake Data on the preset was too small on my older iphone so I made a full screen version of it (with a few visual mods of course). Unlike the data preset, only the tire and brake icons change color; the numbers do not (I find it's easier to read text/numbers when you expect a certain color and they remain that way)...I do however wish that tire pressure could change color when it's abnormally low...aww well.

Screenshot%202017-05-30%2015.03.19.png

I also have a dirty clutch pedal (sometimes it shows up to 40% clutch when I'm not pressing it) so I wanted to monitor that in-game just in case. The numbers look off-center in this pic, but since the highest number is 100, it lines up properly in game.

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing. Is there a way you can view other custom layouts that people have created?

Not that I can tell...the creator of the layout has to share the PIN, there is no 'browser' for user designs.

It's a really great app, the only feature I wish for is wired connections; wifi drops the connection occasionally...my other tablet uses dashmeterpro and its USB connection is rock solid.

Upvote 0

hi! thanks for the reply!

The RPM, Speed, Timers, and Break Temps are showing properly, but the RPM Limiter, Tire Temps, Tire Pressure, are not working; I got around the tire temp and the RPM limiter by using DashMeter Pro for those (Had to edit the settings in DashMeter Pro for the RPM upper limit at 2500 RPM; strangely, the game is not sending out the full 15k RPM info). With that said, is there any way to edit DashPi RPM Limiter? I can't find any settings anywhere hehehe

I believe it was lack of foresight in my part, as not all telemetry or info in F1 20xx games are being sent out, such as tire wear and the like. All other games are working properly with this.

Upvote 0
Yeah it's great but I don't have the patience to design one. Maybe need to try a bit. Is there a YouTube guide video on how to edit a design?

Not sure about any tutorial videos, figured it out through trial and error. I can give you a few tips:

1) you cannot edit a factory preset (i.e. all the original designs that came with the app), you must design one from scratch.

2) each element is positioned using X,Y coordinates...but what the app doesn't tell you is how big the design area is. I eventually figured out it's 1280 x 800. Knowing this and using simple math will help with positioning things uniformly.

3) each element is layered one on top the other. What this means is the last element on your list will appear above all previous elements if they occupy the same space. Example: in my dashboard, the tire wear percentages appear above my tyres because it is positioned lower on the element list than the tyre shapes. Knowing this, plan accordingly or you'll have to move elements up or down the list to get the effects you want (time consuming).

4) you can't save multiple versions of a design; if you change something, you must either commit to it and publish it, or cancel it and close it. The only way to save versions are to download them to your phone/tablet, but once you modify the design, that copy on your phone/tablet (and anyone who downloaded it before your revision) are the only ones left.

5) some design elements present in the factory presets don't seem to exist in the custom design page (like the carbon fiber skins for example).

Let me know if you have more questions.

Upvote 0
Not sure about any tutorial videos, figured it out through trial and error. I can give you a few tips:

1) you cannot edit a factory preset (i.e. all the original designs that came with the app), you must design one from scratch.

2) each element is positioned using X,Y coordinates...but what the app doesn't tell you is how big the design area is. I eventually figured out it's 1280 x 800. Knowing this and using simple math will help with positioning things uniformly.

3) each element is layered one on top the other. What this means is the last element on your list will appear above all previous elements if they occupy the same space. Example: in my dashboard, the tire wear percentages appear above my tyres because it is positioned lower on the element list than the tyre shapes. Knowing this, plan accordingly or you'll have to move elements up or down the list to get the effects you want (time consuming).

4) you can't save multiple versions of a design; if you change something, you must either commit to it and publish it, or cancel it and close it. The only way to save versions are to download them to your phone/tablet, but once you modify the design, that copy on your phone/tablet (and anyone who downloaded it before your revision) are the only ones left.

5) some design elements present in the factory presets don't seem to exist in the custom design page (like the carbon fiber skins for example).

Let me know if you have more questions.
Great tips, thanks

Upvote 0
Work in progress:
Screen%20Shot%202017-07-13%20at%202.51.01%20AM.png

Screenshot from the phone:
IMG_0586.jpeg

Trying to get that glowing "bloom" effect seen on those old digital orange/red gauges, albeit in the most 8-bit looking way possible; limited options given the program, but when it's on the rig about 2 - 3 feet away, it blends together well.

Definitely a labour of love (and too much vacation time), going for functional yet fun to look at. Will finish the rear wheels by Friday hopefully.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 409 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 279 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 275 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.6%
  • < 5 years