Invitation: F3000 @ Nordschleife on 23rd and 30th July

Reik Major

Premium
To all racers who like to challenge the Nordschleife in a F3000, the PrestoGP league is running two great fun events in the summer break there.

Every licensed RD-racer, who likes clean and fair racing is very welcome to sign up for one or both races in this thread:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...july-nordschleife-non-prestogp-welcome.90082/

Password:
At the moment the two PrestoGP Nordschleife servers aren't password protected to attract new drivers. Once it uses a password, it will be the common RD-password you can find here.

Time schedule (the sign up thread only shows UK-times as we're used to it):

GMT - UK - GMT+2 (for example Germany)
18:00 - 19:00 - 20:00 Free Practise
19:00 - 20:00 - 21:00 3 Practise Starts
19:07 - 20:07 - 21:07 Qualifying - 15 mins Superpole
19:22 - 20:22 - 21:22 Warmup (Duration: 5 minutes)
19:27 - 20:27 - 21:27 Race 1 - 4 Laps
19:50 - 20:50 - 21:50 Race 2 - 4 Laps (Reversed Grid)

Important notes:
It is allowed to drive backwards in pits on the practise servers (allready open) and in free practise to start a timed lap immediately as long as you can ensure you don't desturbe incoming traffic (use track map!). However this won't cut off the warm up lap in Super Pole, so make sure to take fuel for 2 laps there. ;)

There's no forced pit stop but if you want or have to make one be sure there's no speed limit in pits. Nevertheless the limiter will engage automatically when crossing the entry line. So make sure to disable it manually afterwards again.

Recording lap times:
Every lap time driven on the servers get recorded, so even when preparing you get a nice hot lap challenge and are able to compare your best lap time to other ones. If you like to make use of this free service, just sign up at www.prestogp.com with your exact player name used in Race07 (should be your real name).

To display the best lap times of all drivers (even if you're not registered) go to www.prestogp.com, and click on lap times -> Nordschleife -> update

Please don't feel discouraged by the best lap times. The time gaps at this long track will be big and everyone should find a few counterparts to match in speed and to have fun with. ;)

Sharing Setups:
It's a very special tradition of PrestoGP to share setups, tips and videos to help each other preparing and reach a great level of skill, fun and gentle atmosphere. It also helps every new comer to improve quickly. However no one is forced to do so.

If you like to see the so far posted setups and lap videos you may want to have a look in this thread. Continuing posting questions, suggestions, setups and other stuff should take place in the sign up thread (or here).

Let's enjoy the (Green) Hell now! :p :devilish: :cool: :)

PS: Even if you're uncertain if you should sign up or not, you're very welcome to show up on the practise servers and have some fun there and maybe get some tips from the guys around...

Last edited:
"300 laps" as in "you likely need about 300 laps in practice sessions until you somewhat know the track" ;)
Though less will likely be enough to at least memorize all turns ;)

I'm waaaay, waaaaaaay below said 300 lap mark (in my defense, I've only really started simracing about a year ago, even less in terms of MP) ;) Though I've actually been to you guys' server for a lap or two last week. Still had most of the track memorized, but I'm not exactly trained in the F3000, either.
Still, I might just do a few laps if training on the Rad for tomorrow starts to bore me ;)

@JoeNathan26 , I think a "normal" track can be learned very quickly as far as layout and turns go. Some tracks are trickier than others but for most of us I think 50 laps and all the racing is over already. Just saying I think we have to learn tracks quicker than that.

Nord's, Machwork and other long tracks need much more attention paid to, Nord's especially as it's a fav of so many drivers and held in such high esteem.

In my opinion, most tracks can be learned fairly quickly. A few fine details might take a few more laps but a driver can be up to speed on a track in a very short time. Yes, if it takes you 50 laps to learn a track and you started practicing 30 minutes before the practice goes to P2 the race would be near the end at 50 laps. If you do need 50 to get up to speed do plenty of laps prior to an event.

Everyone is different! Maybe I learn the basics of a track faster and don't worry about the fine points? We all take sim racing to our own levels, just have fun.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 60 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.7%