F1 2011 Invisible Wall crashes?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Playing a co-op season with a friend, on one of the early tracks his car just exploded for no reason on a track during practise.

We put this down as a one off, but now it's becoming quite frequent. On the final bend of Monza my car exploded as if it had hit an invisible wall, I put it down to a possible track glitch as I was near the outside of the bend going in when it happened. It did it again during qualifying on the same bend (but I was in the middle this time) but thankfully I'd put in a decent enough time already.

Now on Suzuki it goes and does it three times during Practise for Qualification between the two of us!!! All in different places.

The only thing I can think this might be is some sort of Ride Height bug? Where running with a very low height (we both use 1 or 2) is resulting in a collision with the ground, that instead of producing sparks is producing a full blown impact with a solid invisible brick wall.

Anyone else getting this?

(We play with no assists, full damage, tyre wear/fuel off)

I had a similar thing to that in Sepang practicing for the race where I my race was ended by an invisible wall. It wasn't as violent as yours but as I was coming out of turn 6 my car just launched, it happened in the middle of the track as well. Strange how these things happen like that and then are not repeated... I have gone over the same bit of track plenty of times before and since but never had it happen again. So it's not like there's a permanent bunp in the track or anything just some random happening and who knows why!!

Clearly there has been a bug introduced post patch.

Myself & a friend have both had EXACTLY the same bug happen during completely separate (i.e.; we were not racing each other) online races at Korea in-between turns 13 & 14 in the middle of the track. Both of us were leading at the time & on the last lap. The car seems to hit an invisible wall, destroying the front wing completely, spinning the car 180 degrees & bringing you to a complete stop in a split second.

This part of the track has no kerbs, walls or anything else that could possibly cause any damage at all, so is clearly a bug in the game. Because of this neither of us race Korea online now.

I wonder whether in their attempts to cure some of the corner cutting problems they have managed to interfere with other parts of some tracks. The thing that confuses me is why it is a permanent issue and happens sometimes but not others.

I had driven this corner exactly the same way lap after lap after lap, maybe 40 laps...and then this out of the blue...and it never happened for the following 20 laps of practise i did...
Ride height was 2/2.
P.S. i drive in cockpit view and when it happened my eyeballs hit the screen. :p

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%