Invalid Configuration Error

D

DavidBG

• DavidBG

Hello all:

I am getting a very strange error. I have searched all over for an answer and couldn't find one, so I try here.

First of all I have a new (actually old, but I just bought it) laptop PC. It is a Toshiba Satellite with a 1.8 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce 4 420 GO video card.

It doesn't work on it. The error I get is "Invalid Configuration: Reinstalling this application again may fix this problem." I get it on every program from configuration utilities to the actual app. I have DirectX 9c and the latest drivers for my card. I also have a fresh installation of Windows XP Home SP2. Are there any other requirements I am unaware of?

It works on a 2.6 GHz desktop, 526MB RAM, integrated video card with Windows XP Media Center SP3.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
David

• DavidBG

Welcome to the racer community!

I think the graphics is what is the culprit so use the desktop.

Thanks for the response but I do not think that is the problem. Remember not even the config utility works.

As an update the latest stable version: 0.5.0 actually works. At least the game does, but the config utility still gives the same Invalid Configuration error.

I do not think it is the graphics card as the game runs in the 1280x780 screenres (highest my monitor supports) quite well.

I have no idea why the config utility doesn't work, and neither of the later versions work either.

David

In the latest versions the config utility shouldn't be used because it's out of date and will probably set some options you don't want. 0.5.0 is a final and does have a working one. If you need to adjust the Racer settings you need to go into racer.ini and do it manually.

• RJARRRPCGP

Get the Visual C++ 2005 runtime and let us know if that error goes away.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%