Introducing the Audi TT RS (VLN) for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa - Audi TT RS (VLN) 2.jpg

The Audi TT RS VLN will be one of the ten cars coming to Assetto Corsa next week as part of the recently announced 'Ready to Race' DLC pack for the game.

With a mix of some of the most impressive race machines spanning over a number of different generations, from right the way back to the 1990's with the Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo up to modern day times in the form of the impressive 2016 TT RS VLN, the 'Ready to Race' DLC package has been designed to include some of the most requested content for Assetto Corsa by the sim racing community.

Hot on the heals of the recent Audi R8 LMS reveal yesterday, Kunos have been at it again with some new images from the 2016 specification Audi TT RS VLN edition, making it's way to the simulation for the first time and adding yet another performance closed top GT car to the game. Famous in real life for its exploits on the legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife, the TT RS VLN is a potent weapon indeed.

According to Kunos, the "Audi TT RS (VLN) has been developed in response to the high demand from customers wishing to use the TT and other vehicles of the brand in motorsport.

The Audi TT RS (VLN) is based on a five-cylinder TFSI engine and features racing-specific new developments in the body, suspension and aerodynamics areas of the car"

The 'Ready to Race' DLC pack for Assetto Corsa will be available on Thursday 18th May for PC players of the title, with a console release expected "to follow shortly after".

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation built for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The 'Ready to Race' DLC will release for PC on Thursday May 18th, with console versions to follow "in the near future".

Assetto Corsa - Audi TT RS (VLN) 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa - Audi TT RS (VLN).jpg
Assetto Corsa - Audi TT RS (VLN) 3.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Looking forward to trying the TT RS VLN? Which of the 'Ready to Race' DLC cars most excite you? What do you think would be a reasonable price for the DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

that's it... enough forums for this week for me.
Seems you don´t know SRS. The system offers all features that iRacing offers with championship-races, safety rating, global-, national-, class- leaderboards, best lap times, diagrams about race-consistency and so on. It´s feature-complete, full integrated in AC and working like a charm, so definitely less than a week for one person to implement it. I guess one hour.

Last edited:
Seems you don´t know SRS. The system offers all features that iRacing offers with championship-races, safety rating, global-, national-, class- leaderboards, best lap times, diagrams about race-consistency and so on. It´s feature-complete, full integrated in AC and working like a charm, so definitely less than a week for one person to implement it. I guess one hour.
I think you misunderstand the relationship between mods and a developer. Mods are meant to expand upon something its not a beacon to stefano to tell him what to do next.

This car looks good. I am always a bit disappointed when DLC packs are announced and there is no track in it though. 6-8 cars and 1 track is a much better value proposition and would please more people as well I think.

That said, in my humble opinion I have plenty of cars to drive, but not enough official tracks to drive them on, so I'd really like to see multiple tracks in a 'track-pack' DLC next time.

Anyone know if the Push2Pass System from the Audi TT Cup will be implemented in AC? I presume it will, as has the Hybrid System for the 2015 Ferrari, but I haven't read anything about it yet.

Anyone know if the Push2Pass System from the Audi TT Cup will be implemented in AC? I presume it will, as has the Hybrid System for the 2015 Ferrari, but I haven't read anything about it yet.
Interesting question ,
Would have been nice to ask @kunos this ,
Sure these are the questions they enjoy answering , not the million wish list constantly ,

I am interested in this too , to what new features and settings this exciting new DLC ,
Has to offer the community :)

I think you misunderstand the relationship between mods and a developer. Mods are meant to expand upon something its not a beacon to stefano to tell him what to do next.
And i think you don´t know that AC-content like Zandvoort, AC Cobra, Mazda 787B, Corvette C7R and more were mods in the beginning and the "new" tyre-app looks a lot like the tyre-app i used before.

Mods are nice for some people to expand missing content, but it´s even better to make them available for all users. Online-server-systems like SRS are nice today, but would be a huge game-changer if implemented by Kunos. And lets face it: iRacings online-monopoly will fall soon and seems it will not be AC for unknown reasons.

And i think you don´t know that AC-content like Zandvoort, AC Cobra, Mazda 787B, Corvette C7R and more were mods in the beginning and the "new" tyre-app looks a lot like the tyre-app i used before.

Mods are nice for some people to expand missing content, but it´s even better to make them available for all users. Online-server-systems like SRS are nice today, but would be a huge game-changer if implemented by Kunos. And lets face it: iRacings online-monopoly will fall soon and seems it will not be AC for unknown reasons.
If you sit down at someones table for dinner ,
And there is only cornflakes at the table , You will eat the cornflakes and simply smile ,
If people want to race they will simply just race ,
No matter what system is in place currently , makes no difference at all ,
Maybe a few % of people who get frustrated by the current online implementation of the servers might not come back again and again , but this % is minimal at best ,
If its under 5% why bother ,

And again its off topic .

If you sit down at someones table for dinner ,
And there is only cornflakes at the table , You will eat the cornflakes and simply smile ,
If people want to race they will simply just race ,
No matter what system is in place currently , makes no difference at all ,
Maybe a few % of people who get frustrated by the current online implementation of the servers might not come back again and again , but this % is minimal at best ,
If its under 5% why bother.

Thank God not all people are like you. We would still live on trees and in caves with this attitude.
And the chances to find a decent online-race without RD, SRS and MR is like getting hit by a lightening.

Raceroom have a ranking-system running in the background they say, which could be available any time. Online-racing is far better there just because many people are aware of. Than there´s pCars 2 and GT Sport offering a ranking- and safety-rating this year. Mr. Hurnbuckle should take a look outside his echo-chamber.

Actually, no I don't, it's FWD with flappy paddles and some kind of gimmicky push to pass system.
The TT Cup car has the push to pass system, not this one. Also, try to be a bit more open-minded and/or do a little research.

https://store.034motorsport.com/blo...-tt-rs-wins-the-25-hours-of-thunderhill-2013/

This car smoked the RWD competition at 25 Hours of Thunderhill outright against GT3 and Prototype-spec cars, and got a class victory at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring.

In R3E, it's actually a blast to drive. They have it setup to be very oversteery via suspension setup, but the aero stabilizes that at higher speeds. So you get a car that's very eager to rotate, but also manages to be stable when you need it. Very enjoyable.

If you are into FWD, and I know that many are, then I'm sure it will be an amazing car. I don't like FWD, and I spent too much money on a nice H-pattern shifter and 3 pedal set to spend too much of my time driving paddle shift cars.
I incorrectly thought it had the push2pass system, but that is only for the little Cup car.

All that being said, I'm sure I will still jump into an online room or two and try it out within the first few days of release.

I'm looking most forward to the previews of the little AWD Celica that is in the DLC, hoping it will become my go-to car on the rally tracks that SIM TRAX is working on.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC
Thank God not all people are like you. We would still live on trees and in caves with this attitude.
And the chances to find a decent online-race without RD, SRS and MR is like getting hit by a lightening.

Raceroom have a ranking-system running in the background they say, which could be available any time. Online-racing is far better there just because many people are aware of. Than there´s pCars 2 and GT Sport offering a ranking- and safety-rating this year. Mr. Hurnbuckle should take a look outside his echo-chamber.
Thats why RD has a great racing community and probably the best ,
Again is not really on topic and about anything at all in the thread ,

Its like rain , its been discussed and discussed and discussed ,
Yeah its cool and looks awesome ,
But if its less than 5% of people actually using it , why bother .
The simple fact of a small team of coders have way too much work on there hands already ,
What you are asking is most likely the last problem on there minds ,
Lets just enjoy what they are giving us , stop complaining about what they are not giving us ,

If you want to discuss unrelated topics I suggest you go start a new server srs thread or something that will keep you happy to complain about ;)

If you are into FWD, and I know that many are, then I'm sure it will be an amazing car. I don't like FWD, and I spent too much money on a nice H-pattern shifter and 3 pedal set to spend too much of my time driving paddle shift cars.
I incorrectly thought it had the push2pass system, but that is only for the little Cup car.

I'm looking forward to the previews of the little AWD Celica that is in the DLC, hoping it will become my go-to car on the rally tracks that SIM TRAX is working on.
This pushtopass , questions was new to me too ,
That is why I was curious regarding it and the comments previously :)

Interesting question ,
Would have been nice to ask @kunos this ,
Sure these are the questions they enjoy answering , not the million wish list constantly ,

I am interested in this too , to what new features and settings this exciting new DLC ,
Has to offer the community :)

It's there. But don't expect great things about that. The boost is minimal.

I'm looking forward to the previews of the little AWD Celica that is in the DLC, hoping it will become my go-to car on the rally tracks that SIM TRAX is working on.
Most iconic cars from my memory ,
What I enjoyed the most playing , from when I was younger ,
Was the Toyota Celica from Sega Rally , in like 94/95 time ,
That car is sooo iconic car for a lot of racing fans ,
That car is welcomed so much to AC and specially this new DLC release ,
This new car pack to me , As probably some of the best cars in AC to date :D:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back