Introducing Grid Finder | An Essential Sim Racing League Finding Tool

We recently sat down with www.grid-finder.com founder Tom Bunten to discuss his exceptionally popular new website, and find out just why this is exactly what sim racers have been looking for.

Grid-finder.com has only been in the world for a few weeks, and already the excellent website has attracted a lot of attention from sim racing drivers and league owners throughout the world.

If you are someone looking to promote your league to potential drivers, or indeed if you are a driver in search of somewhere to ply your racing skills in the future, no longer do you need to search the many deep and dark corners of the internet in the hope of stumbling across a suitable location - visit grid-finder.com, punch in the relevant information around your preferences and availability, then sit back and view the results.

We love the idea of this website, and decided to sit down with owner and founder Tom Bunten to chat through how the website came to be, what it is all about, and what the future holds.

Find Out More | Visit Grid Finder to find your future league today! Click HERE.

Charity Calendar

Not only is Grid Finder a very, very useful tool for aspiring league races, it also has a nice community heart that you may wish to get involved with. Working to support the charity CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably), a men's mental health charity, the website are currently running an initiative to design and develop a sim racing themed calendar with the aid of community picture submissions.

The idea is to pick the very best sim racing images to put into a very special calendar, that will be sold and all profits going to the CALM charity. This is such a wonderful idea, as many men suffer from mental health issues, it would be amazing if some of you could get involved.

If you fancy yourself as a budding sim photographer, head over to the Calendar Competition page HERE. Even if you don't feel able to submit a design, worry not, you can still get involved by donating as much (or as little) as you like on the Just Giving page HERE.

An excellent website, and excellent charity initiative.

www.grid-finder.com

Grid finder.jpg

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.
Nov 18, 2020
Well that phrase ‘necessity is the mother of invention’ can be seen here!
Great idea, really user friendly and love the charity calendar idea - may treat myself to a T-shirt!

Reactions: MattGTX

Dsb94

1RPM
Nov 18, 2020
Brilliant website, easy to navigate and great up-to-date info for enthusiastic sim racers

G_B

100RPM
Dec 29, 2018
That's a really good question. We have a few Spanish speaking leagues but I suppose there's no easy way to find them. I'll work on adding "Primary Language" as a filter. Thanks for the suggestion!
Primary and more,

I've done Esport on other types of games, a primary language can be interesting but if you have the possibility to add several languages to a group with a primary language, that would be great. This allows you to avoid only gatherings of players of one language and share cultures.

Humorous or truthful. Either way, car games are ruthless, certainly more so than FPS. Already that there are fewer players, the level of Gentleman has to be even higher. It's like playing tennis with Federer^^.

TSBunty | Grid Finder

Creator of Grid Finder
Premium
Nov 11, 2020
Primary and more,

I've done Esport on other types of games, a primary language can be interesting but if you have the possibility to add several languages to a group with a primary language, that would be great. This allows you to avoid only gatherings of players of one language and share cultures.

Humorous or truthful. Either way, car games are ruthless, certainly more so than FPS. Already that there are fewer players, the level of Gentleman has to be even higher. It's like playing tennis with Federer^^.
You're absolutely right mate, I'll work on incorporating language into the options. Sim racing is international so Grid Finder needs to be international too!

Reactions: Adyl

Medilloni

Temporary
Staff
Premium
Mar 18, 2018
"Working to support the charity CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably), a men's mental health charity, the website are currently running an initiative to design and develop a sim racing themed calendar with the aid of community picture submissions."

Other than the calendar work, are there other initiatives to give a leg-up to those with mental health issues? For example, https://www.teambrit.co.uk/ work to help those with a huge number of ppl that might not 'fit' (for want of a better word) into the sim racing community, both physical and mental. My apologies if I've missed something! :) ...And the website is awesome, congrats!

Last edited:

TSBunty | Grid Finder

Creator of Grid Finder
Premium
Nov 11, 2020
lol another system that doesn't acknowledge APAC/Australia exists
Hi mate, have I used the wrong terminology for Australia/APAC? We have 24 leagues from "Oceania", if you have any advice on how I should be referring to this region, I'd be keen to hear it. Thanks for the feedback!

Enerjex

75RPM
Oct 5, 2016
Hi mate, have I used the wrong terminology for Australia/APAC? We have 24 leagues from "Oceania", if you have any advice on how I should be referring to this region, I'd be keen to hear it. Thanks for the feedback!
Doesn't seem to be anything for Oceania on ACC PC, correct me if I'm wrong.

ACC PC.jpg

Last edited: