Welcome to the RaceDepartment Community. Use this thread to introduce yourself and receive a warm welcome in return :inlove:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Downloading mods on RD is free but requires an membership account. Have you registered an account and are you logged in?

Q: I still don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Make sure after your register your account you confirm this account first via the email we send after you sign-up. Can't find this confirmation email? Check your spambox if needed as we always send an email. Double check if you have spelled your emailaddress correctly or search in your inbox for "info@racedepartment.com".

Q: How do I race with you guys on RaceDepartment.com?
A: We offer top quality online races for our premium members. You can upgrade your account here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

Follow RaceDepartment on Social Media
Thanks community for your continuous support, you're awesome

Hi

Been doing sim-ish racing on and off, more off really, for over 30 years now - started with this little gem - mind blowing for it's time, but you wouldn't think it now.

Last year I bought a PS4 purely for GTS - I'd been out of the game for quite some time and it seemed like a good re-entry point. However I've since moved on and am mostly on AC and, having installed Windows on my Mac, ACC now.

I'm now thinking of getting a proper setup - gaming PC with triples and VR, cockpit, and a DD wheel with GT, Rally and Formula rims.

So, if you don't mind, I'll carry on perusing the forum for the best ideas of how I can make that happen.

Awesome Slapped, plenty to go at nowadays !! Been through a lot of kit over the years personally, but all roads are leading towards Direct Drive Wheel Setups - depending on the depth of your pockets of course. :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

I just joined yesterday and have been feeling my way around the space. Pleased to meet you all and looking forward to joining in on all the great threads going on here!

A bit of background on myself - I've been developing games for some 20 odd years in various larger studios working on some of the bigger publisher funded IPs, but 10 years ago broke away from the mainstream to form my own studio with my business partner / head of programming Brooke Hodgman. We've been developing a physics-based, ultra high speed RTS-racing game (22 Racing Series) built from the ground up as an esport and designed to be fully moddable. We've also been building our own games engine to go with it, with technical capabilities we couldn't get from other 'off-the-shelf' engines out there.

On a personal note, I'm living in Melbourne, Oz and am a bit of a motor-head in my spare time, when I get it! Before we started our studio, I was right into buying repairable write-off motorbikes and restoring them to their former glory. I'd ride the ones I'd freshly restored, keep another for track and ride days, and sell the rest when it was time to move on. (some of my former bikes that were hard to part with pictured :cry::D) N.B. our national road traffic authority changed the rules a while back to make this exceptionally more expensive and I guess basically try and keep all repairable write-offs out of their hair.

While I don't get the opportunity to do that anymore, I still love watching most motorsport, but mostly V8 Supercars , MotoGP and WSBK. I'm particularly interested in the strategy and business side of motorsports (hence the integration of esports and RTS in our game!) Currently drive a yellow 2000 Honda Integra Type R that used to be a rally car and Indy 500 pace car ... which has meant a bunch of gearbox repairs for me, but hey, I still love it ;)

Anyway it's great to be here, and great to see such a dedicated and sharing community exists for racing games!

Cheers guys

Attachments

• Yamaha_R6 2006 50th Anniversary Yellow.jpg
    Yamaha_R6 2006 50th Anniversary Yellow.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Yamaha_R6 2006 Blue.jpg
    Yamaha_R6 2006 Blue.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Honda CBR 600RR Repsol.jpg
    Honda CBR 600RR Repsol.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Aprilia RS125.jpg
    Aprilia RS125.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Suzuki GSXR750.jpg
    Suzuki GSXR750.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 102
Hi all,

Just decided to burn some rubber with all of you AC racers. I'm Henk from the Netherlands, 35yo male, father of a 5yo boy and about to have a daughter if all goes well. I've been previously active (like 10 years ago) in another simracing community (digital-racing.nl) but that kinda stopped racing.

A couple of weeks ago I brought my rig to work to race during lunch and get some competition started which resulted in infecting two other co-workers with the simrace virus.... time to get rolling again! ;)

Besides work and family time is scarse so having the option to participate in a few select races without having to drive a whole calender seems perfect for me.

Hope to see you on the tracks!

Hi,

Just jumping into the sim racing. Been an avid gamer since commodore 64. So PC is certainly my platform. I'm from the US and grew up in MI around the automotive industry. I remember going to Nascar, Indy, dirt track, and all sorts of motorsports events as a kid. Games have come a long way, and I always loved the racing/driving games, just hated controllers.

So... I've got a G920 and a stand...

Not sure what sim I'll actually end up spending most of my time in. Lots of reviews out there and trying to find what are good active communities for them. Steam Winter Sale runs to Jan 3rd, so hopefully I settle on some good titles.

One question (rather than infect the thread, send a PM), which is more common/active AC or ACC?

Looking forward to racing with some of you.

Davo

Hello all,

My name is Maurice, 31 year old from Netherlands. I have been playing racing games since I was a young boy, started 4D racer on 386, later on moved to GP2, GP3, and since last year I finally bought a T300RS. Last week I have upgraded the wheel and replaced it with an TM Open Wheel Addon. Very happy with this setup for now and looking forward to see you all on track.

Currently racing rFactor 2 and thinking about making the step to iRacing.

Looking to start sim racing after a 20year gaming break! Just built a new PC at Christmas and now starting to review wheels, pedals etc. To be honest it’s rapidly gone past the Logitech point now :)

YouTube has been a great starting point for info and I’m considering a Simagic unit with Famatec Club Sport pedals all attached to a home made aluminium profile rig as I have access to a supplier locally.

I’m a bit of a car guy in real life as well which I can update you one later down the line.

looking for inspiration, advice and a great forum to bounce ideas off.

Andy

Hello. I am John, 51 from England. I used to play Grand Prix Legends ( My GPL Page from 2001) on my Pentium III overclocked to 515 Mhz with a Voodoo 5 graphics card and Logitec force feedback wheel, racing on line (even won a few races!) in a Lotus 49. Initially it took me 2 weeks to even do a lap but once I got the hang of it I was hooked. However I stopped racing to concentrate on finishing my space frame, carbon bodied mid engined Morris Minor, which I then competed in.

Fast forward to 2019, car sold, a young family and browsing You Tube I stumbled on sim racing. I was stunned at the graphics and thought I must do some of that again. It will be an accessible way to "race", experiment with car set ups and have fun.

So the research began. I initially wanted to do GPL again but it certainly isnt plug and play with what appears to be quite a bit of messing around. I prefer older cars more than current and found Assetto Corsa. I love the modding and the variety of cars that are available. I was so excited when I realised that a Morris Minor is available, and even more so when I realised it was actually a 2 litre Minor!

It took me ages to understand modern chips (AMD being easier to understand than Intel) and GPU`s. Fortunately I sit next to a young computer wizz at work so he got lots of questions. I now have a computer spec (Ryzen 5 3600, RX5700XT & 16 GB memory, which seems best bang for the pound) but will probably look at getting some feedback on it before purchasing

I am going to build as much as possible myself, PC, rig and pedals to start with and possible a shifter. I am currently making my own pedals, all on bearing pivots, linear transducer acc, load cell brake and clutch with an actual clutch cover (£14 new from Ebay and easier and cheaper than trying to get linkages and springs to give a realistic feel). Leo Bodnar will cover the electronics. It does seem too easy using his kit and I do wonder if I am not understanding fully what is involved. I will cover the build up when I get them finished.

I will then build my own rig, initially from CLS timber and then possibly welded steel. I have a Logitec wheel £65 from Ebay and will initially run 1 monitor with the ability to go triple and will try VR but I get motion sick really easy so not sure how that will go.

Thank you all for the great forums with lots of useful info.

John

Hello John!

I used to own one of your cars. WOY84G
Welcome to Assetto Corsa. I'm new here myself and was very much drawn to it by the car mod of a 59 minor.
I can't get it working, but like I said, I'm new to all of this.
Very much looking forward to hurtling round a track in the closest thing to the old car as possible.
Happy driving!
Rob.

Attachments

• mog.JPG
    mog.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 56
Hi all!! :)

I’m Ed, huge F1 fan since 1989, into other kinds of motorsport too, and I have an occasional casual interest in the gaming side as well. I just came across this forum and am looking to get back involved with the online community(I’ve been a member of another F1 forum for over 10 years but it’s basically dead now), meet new like-minded people and maybe reconnect with some from years back too - my mind is open to all possibilities. My first impressions of these forums are really positive, they seem great!

Looking forward to meet everyone here! :)

Hi guys,

After some years on- and off checking this site out, but not really participating I thought I could introduce myself, and become more active!

My name is Rick, I'm 28 years and located in the Netherlands. I have a huge passion for both auto- and motorsport, and try to watch as much as possible. Also I'm a frequent visitor to the Zandvoort and Assen circuit.

My simracing consists mostly of hotlapping at the moment. I have done some active online racing with Race07 years ago, but then the working life started en time was disappearing. After a few years my interest was up again, and last month I have upgraded my computer, build myself a rig, and connected my old Logitech G27 to it.

I'm now enjoying some Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione. Much practice is needed, but we will get there eventually.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back