Welcome to the RaceDepartment Community. Use this thread to introduce yourself and receive a warm welcome in return :inlove:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Downloading mods on RD is free but requires an membership account. Have you registered an account and are you logged in?

Q: I still don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Make sure after your register your account you confirm this account first via the email we send after you sign-up. Can't find this confirmation email? Check your spambox if needed as we always send an email. Double check if you have spelled your emailaddress correctly or search in your inbox for "info@racedepartment.com".

Q: How do I race with you guys on RaceDepartment.com?
A: We offer top quality online races for our premium members. You can upgrade your account here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

Q: Can I access the open beta of Simracing.GP?
A: Yes, see here how to join: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rd-club-races-are-back.189354/

Follow RaceDepartment on Social Media
Thanks community for your continuous support, you're awesome

Well, not a Premium member (yet), and also want to get some more practice before coming back to online racing (currently finishing the Assetto Corsa "Career" mode I started some years ago). But thanks for the invitation, I'll surely check out the events in the near future :)

Hi all,

New here too - I've recently made the jump to PC after some years in the wilderness on Xbox.
I don't have a huge amount of time to play as work is busy - so it's been really helpful to come here to see what things other people focus their time on in simracing.

I'm mainly pratting about with Assetto Corsa and am planning to jump into my first race once the next season of iRacing begins.

I'm using mainly Fanatec gear (LC CSL pedals, CSL base, Elite P1 wheel and a McLaren GT3 rim), all bundled onto a playseat set up I have in a converted space in my understairs cupboard so I don't upset the missus.

Looking forward to being an active member of the forum.

This is the ten year anniversary of being with RaceDepartment.

Let me start with some pre-RD info. Speed and racing have been a part of my life for a long time. Coasting bicycles downhill, tucked behind the bars at an early age inflicted a number of bad scrapes and cuts. After joining the USAF I bought a motorcycle! Sneaking into the local dirt track for some excitement created a real interest. In 1970 I bought a Yamaha GP road racer, a TD-1B from a local guy. It was all in a crate, completely taken apart but I had it running for my first race that spring. I continued to put Yamaha's on track until 1977 when I started production and endurance events on Kawasaki's, Honda's, Ducati's and a number of Suzuki's. I did well over those years and I've had to recently toss away a whole pile of trophies. I decided to get physical with speed again and got back to bicycles and rode a number of "centuries".

1976 brought me my first "electronic gaming device", a cute little LED map of the Long Beach GP thingie that amused my friends and I for a bit. In 1990 my job introduced me to computers and the software guys had the latest, greatest 286's and they used them at lunch for fun playing flight sims and "racing". I think I got caught up in that! I picked up a custom 486 and played online using Indy and F1 cars. My first event was on the Compuserve competition "ladder" event, remember those? Modem connections at 9600/14400 and only two people driving the track? "F1rst" came along about the time my machine was getting too old, I needed a change.

I found RD after getting an upgrade to my old and trusty 486/33 which had become pretty useless. I was thrilled to get under the cover of the tin tops and roll with the GT cars of Race 07. I was retired at this point and spent a lot of time driving on RD. In 2010 just on RD, I drove 8093 laps covering 37807 km, now that's just on RD but it's what I was doing back then. After a few years I took on staff duty helping other staff to put up events and help in the forums. When Race 07 and all it's addons died I moved onto RRE, Game Stock Car, GSC Extreme and then Automobilista.

I gave up being staff when I hit seventy years of age so I could relax a bit and pick the races I wanted to enjoy. At this point my Core Duo w/ GTX285 PC was beginning to get old again but it could run Assetto Corsa but not with a full grid, same thing was happening with AMS. Last year my GTX285 died so I dropped in a GTX1050, some help but ummm, just a holdover. My trusty G25 wheel also died! I made a bad mistake and picked up a G920, wouldn't do it again! Last month I moved up to an i7 package with a new monitor.

I think I'm ready for another ten years!

You were the first one that welcomed me to Race Dept many years ago. I'll be back someday, hope you are doing well.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%