Interview with Stefano Casillo

I remember peoples problems with right configure of steering wheel - most of those guys just give up at the start, their loss...

Shame that Stefano doesnt close on main aim - hardcore single-seater's sim. In my point of view, 500, Osella and Vintage are just some kind of mistake

Good job Jon, you are the man!

Again? I explained everything in my post

You don't explain anything, you just state your opinion.

It was netKar's main aim when it was released; extreme realism and a lot of attention on the physics, so they only had limited time to work on the cars. Stefano never stated the aim was single seaters only. I'd say that is just something you happen to like.

We all have our preferences, but we can't expect the sim to be the perfect sim for just your or my needs and wishes. The sim needs to be succesfull in order to grow and to have a sustainable development. If you read closely, you can see the sim became more and more succesful when it got less and less hardcore. There are just very few truly hardcore simracers out there. Unfortunately there are not enough of us around to make enough money for a developer.

Back on topic; Thanks for the interview Jon & Stefano! It brought back a lot of good memories. Testing for 1.03 long long ago... Stefano was releasing a new built almost every couple of days back then with bugfixes.. so many things had to be fixed, it was crazy. Some builts were horrible, but in the end it really worked out for 1.03.

I had the best simracing times of my life back then. Who else was racing in the Gpchampionship bij Jaap Wagenvoort? It were the days were you had a whole week of pre qualifying, trying to be fast enough to get yourself in to group A... and if you finally managed, you had the race on sunday or saturday evening, with Full mode on. In qualiying, that meant, that if you crashed, the repairs might took longer too long to get your car fixed before the race. If you wanted to change a setup, you had to wait a few minutes to get the changes done... it gave the races a really big sense of realism and tension, all the way through. When exiting your pit stall, you were so carefull already, awesome!

A short movie of 'back in the day':

It were the days were you had a whole week of pre qualifying, trying to be fast enough to get yourself in to group A... and if you finally managed, you had the race on sunday or saturday evening, with Full mode on. In qualiying, that meant, that if you crashed, the repairs might took longer too long to get your car fixed before the race. If you wanted to change a setup, you had to wait a few minutes to get the changes done... it gave the races a really big sense of realism and tension, all the way through. When exiting your pit stall, you were so carefull already, awesome!

That is true hardcore sim :thumbsup:

You don't explain anything, you just state your opinion.

It was netKar's main aim when it was released; extreme realism and a lot of attention on the physics, so they only had limited time to work on the cars. Stefano never stated the aim was single seaters only. I'd say that is just something you happen to like.

Precisely! :thumbsup:

What is more, you have a proto, several single seaters, a small but fast car, and 2 vintage GTs. Interesting choice of cars, with some preponderance of single seaters. Rather good for most people's choices.

I read all the interviews by Stefano, there is no mention of non-single seaters being what you stated: "In my point of view, 500, Osella and Vintage are just some kind of mistake".

They are not. Actually, Stefano admits that once he introduced non-single seaters, sales took off.

"[...]if you're doing a new sim, don't rely on minor single seaters.[...] I love single-seaters, but many don't."
- Stefano C.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing