Interview with Brendon in Autosimsport Vol5 Iss2

Just a heads up for all of you BTB users to say that there will be an interview with Brendon regarding BTB's past, present and future in the upcoming issue of Autosimsport magazine.

Brendon very kindly agreed to do an interview with me a month or two back, and over the course of a week or so we exchanged emails back and forth covering some of the many facets of BTB.

The magazine was originally meant to go live today, but due to people having lives, families etc., it will now (hopefully!) be released tomorrow. I'm posting this now since I'll be busy tomorrow and haven't slept since Friday afternoon, so I might not get a chance to post when it's finally uploaded!

The magazine will be available from the main page: http://www.autosimsport.net/index2/index.php
An announcement will also be made on our new Twitter feed when the issue is available: http://twitter.com/autosimsport

It will possibly not contain too much that is news to many of the veteran BTB users here, but either way I saw it as a good opportunity to spread the word of this great program. I hope you all enjoy it.

Cheers,
Simon

New issue is now up. Apologies for the delay (camping trips, tornados, etc...).

Here is the table of contents:

SUPERCAR CHALLENGE PREVIEW
......Jon Denton finds a sim on the console … and it’s really all that …
......PLUS - YOUR CHANCE TO WIN 10 BETA-CODE PREVIEWS OF SUPERCAR CHALLENGE!

A YEAR WITH IRACING
......Jon Denton sits with Dave Kaemmer as iRacing celebrate their first year …

RFACTOR 2 & SUPERLEAGUE WITH GJON CAMAJ

AUTOSIMSPORT sits down with ISI’s Gjon Camaj—and lands up doing most of the talking!

IOPENER’S FIRST FORAY INTO SIM-RACING IS IN SIGHT

AUTOSIMSPORT sits with Andy Lurling to discover precisely what iOpener-enabled will mean for ......SimBin’s new sim …

EDWARD GRABOWSKI
......Ivan Askew speaks to the man who coded Grand Prix World

REVIEWS—HARDware

PROFESSIONAL FORCE FOR THE G25: G25-E MOD
......Lou Magyar on ARC_Team’s G25 Force-Feedback Clean-up Mod …

FOOTING THE BILL: G25 PAD
......Lou Magyar mods his pedals with Niels Heusinkveld’s nifty invention

FROM SIMSOX TO REDSOX & BACK: SIMBOOTS
......Bob Simmerman dons a pair of pro sim-racing socks and finds comfort and speed …

‘AUF WIEDERSEHEN’ OSCHERSLEBEN
......Marco La Mura and Uwe Schürkamp sit with Wendlinger and co.

LIME ROCK PARK
......Ivan Askew takes a walk on a rainy day in June

FANTASY FORMULA FOR VGP3 SUCCESS
......Andrew Tyler finds a lot to love, and tussles with KERS and J-Dampers

*HAULIN’ IRACER
......Ivan Askew speaks to grant caron, a study in committment

BJORN’S DREAM
......Bob Simmerman goes into the depths of a man’s dreams … and comes out excited!

IRACING VBOX TELEMETRY CONVERTER
......iRacing has no telemetry yet: but there are solutions, as Bob Simmerman demonstrates …

GOING BACK IN CIRCLES
......Our new writer Sandeep Banerjee gets his feet wet by giving us the low-down on iRacing’s

NASCAR ladder … Welcome Sandeep!

REVIEWS—SOFTware

VOLVO THE GAME
......Elliot Earle on SimBin’s free game: English professors, take note!

TRUCK RACING BY RENAULT
......Bob Simmerman and his six-wheel drift

GRAND PRIX 4—A VISTA REUNION
......Bob Simmerman reminds us why Crammond remains a legend …

THE CODE OF THE CELLS AND OTHER MYSTERIES
......Bob Simmerman sits down with Niels Heusinkveld—and yes, he’s quite smart …

BOB THE TRACK BUILDER
......Simon Croft sits with Brendon Pywell whose track building application changed the world

PLUS SO MUCH MORE IN OUR SUPER SUMMER 210 PAGE ISSUE!

I can only assume they decided to save the best for last when writing this up:lashes:

I'm busy at work and haven't had a chance to look through the issue, but I just wanted to let you know it's now available. I hope you guys enjoy it. Thanks again to Brendon for taking the time to do this, it is much appreciated.

Regards,
Simon

Yes, unfortunately a site that doesn't see a huge amount of traffic doesn't like the sudden influx when an issue goes live.

Last issue had 60,000 downloads I believe, so there's usually a fair strain put on the site when the new issues go live. Hopefully it will settle down and people can access without problems.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%