Internet issues, "Synchronising Game"

Recently the computer has been having this issue in Evo particularly. The issue at hand is that the game repeatedly says "Synchronising Game" and sometimes shows a ping beside it which can go from 20ms to 490ms. Also, I see the opponent's cars jumping wildly all over the place and others have told me that I have terrible lag. I tried TF2 but pings were in the 20s and no issues... Very weird.
This happened to me a long time ago, but have no idea how it was resolved. Made sure Anti virus was shut down and various other tasks, but nadda. Race directors are getting a little tee'd off with me over it, so I really need it fixed.

Cheers.

I don't understand hat you mean by 'mode', Ben. It's a Netopia USB dongle that picks up a wireless connection :p.

Its a 802.11 wireless "standard" Mark, that among other things defines the speed and data transmission. B is upto 11Mbps, G is upto 54Mbps and N is 130-150Mbps I think.

Looking on google the Adapter you have looks like its a 802.11B, which is fine for surfing the net, but as Ben suggested a 802.11N card would handle the increased data rate required for some games much better.

Thanks a lot guys, I think I've finally sorted it! :D

I took an old wireless network card from our old PC (not too old, about 2 years) and slotted it in. Connection is faster, and the Synchronising Game thing is gone and lag is significantly reduced. The USB thing was only temporary, and this kinda thing was bound to happen. Hopefully it stays this way, thanks a agin for the help guys.

Good thread for anyone else having these issues :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.4%