Internet Explorer

LOL's ... thread is bare ... everyone is on Firefox or Chrome or something else :D

Nice update though Marcel ... maybe I will upgrade the IE here just for the hell of it (eg for those apps like steam that are still hardcoded to use the IE engine)

Until you realize all the cool apps you can use on firefox and none on IE than you will realize how big of a waste IE is.

Get noscript for firefox and never have a pop up virus or anything happen to you again.

For people having problems with IE8 forum loads, by default the pages are not been refreshed.

Go to Tools > Internet Options

On General Tab under Browsing History click Settings
Under Check for newer versions of stored pages:
Check either every time I visit the webpage or Automatically

Colored Tabs in IE8

I am wondering about this for some time now, but always forget to ask it here.

I have 3 sites bookmarked as my startup page that i mostly visit but sometimes 2 of the three tabs have a different color: blue or green.

What do those colors mean?

Also how can i get rid of that annoying thingy when you copy/past a word, when you click it it directs you to your standard searchengine

right click and pick "All Accelerators > manage accelerators.." you can deisable or add ones that are more usefull to you in there :)

ps. dont know about the colours.

pps. I worked out the colours. they are "tab groups" all my RD ones are pink and youtube ones the other. you can break the goups by right clicking on the tabs.

Whatever i disable or enable that highlighting box keep popping up, its so annoying that for the first time in my live i really think of switching to firefox.

But the forum displays so much better in IE here, much more easier to read

I am wondering about this for some time now, but always forget to ask it here.

I have 3 sites bookmarked as my startup page that i mostly visit but sometimes 2 of the three tabs have a different color: blue or green.

What do those colors mean?

Also how can i get rid of that annoying thingy when you copy/past a word, when you click it it directs you to your standard searchengine

The colours thing is grouping Bram (just took a quick peek at IE8 for the first time, its all been Firefox here since its launch tbh). if you wish to disable that
--> Tools - Internet Options - General - Tabs (settings button) - uncheck "Enable Tab Groups"

My guess is this "feature" is supposed to help you find tabs that were launched from one another or have the same URL or something similar.

And your other question about that annoying thingy ...

--> Tools - Internet Options - Advanced - Browsing - uncheck "Display Accelerator on selection"

Who's the daddy eh? :wink2:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years